QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you all whinging about having to travel up to Gympie once maybe twice a season. They travel every 2nd to 3rd week to play us Brisbane teams. Haven’t heard them whinging once. They also have one of the best grounds in the comp I was impressed, so it’s not like you’re travelling to play in a cow paddock.

Why are you all whinging about having to travel up to Gympie once maybe twice a season. They travel every 2nd to 3rd week to play us Brisbane teams. Haven’t heard them whinging once. They also have one of the best grounds in the comp I was impressed, so it’s not like you’re travelling to play in a cow paddock.
Not all of us whinge mate

That was their choice to change comps.
Didn't say wouldn't do it just don't think people are happy about it.
Flying eagle your always fence sitting and never criticise aflq.
I wonder why that is.

I wonder why that is.

There is no Sunshine Coast league. It’s either our comp or wide bay where they were playing against Bundaberg. I’d come to this comp over that too.

There is no Sunshine Coast league. It’s either our comp or wide bay where they were playing against Bundaberg. I’d come to this comp over that too.
I get what your saying and it's a hard one.
But this situation has come about by years of shit decisions and constant change from head office.
If they had a sunshine coast gold coast and probably two division brisbane comp for divisions lower than qafl years ago we wouldn't be here today.
Everyone would know where they sit and have adjusted and settled.
Instead they change it every few years and f##k everyone around.
Now thinking about it flying eagle you are taking the piss when you talk good culture.
How about you have an idea or opinion for yourself.
Instead you just pull apart what other people say or are defending what others say about your club.
You pay good money and just about supply everything for football to happen.
The only time you really see head office is at finals time whenever they want to make money and take credit for what clubs have done in the home and away season.
Then they have no flexabilty when clubs have hard times.
How about you just get the comps right then you won't have to do anything at all.
It's not that much to ask is it.

I wonder why that is.
Why criticise? Dosnt get you anywhere if I have a problem and I want to express my concern I just call them

But this situation has come about by years of **** decisions and constant change from head office.
If they had a sunshine coast gold coast and probably two division brisbane comp for divisions lower than qafl years ago we wouldn't be here today.
Now thinking about it flying eagle you are taking the piss when you talk good culture.
Instead you just pull apart what other people say or are defending what others say about your club.
The only time you really see head office is at finals time whenever they want to make money and take credit for what clubs have done in the home and away season.
How about you just get the comps right then you won't have to do anything at all.
How about you just make sure you get your calls right between 12-2 on Saturdays

Why criticise? Dosnt get you anywhere if I have a problem and I want to express my concern I just call them
And there is your problem.
You only act in your interest not the game as a whole.
I'm sure aflq have called you a few times.
How did that go.
My calls on Saturday are fair both ways.
Something you could learn from that.

But this situation has come about by years of **** decisions and constant change from head office.

Agree they messed with the leagues too much. Should have put more effort into keeping the clubs on the coast alive maybe even helping them achieve the same success or put them onto the same path as their counterparts such as Caloundra, Noosa, Maroochydore. Smaller clubs would never keep up with the growth of those clubs with the sponsor and council money that gets thrown at them. It was always inevitable that the Sunshine Coast league would fail especially when the AFLQ had no intentions of helping anyone. The AFLQ are the reason we are all travelling 2-4 hours around South East Queensland every Saturday for a footy match.

I hear the format for next year may be.
Division one
Division two south might include Lismore Byron and maybe a couple of others.
Division two North
No division three.
Letting in Gympie has really opened the door.

If they are introducing the North NSW league, which currently has four teams and with the assumption that Park Ridge and some current Div 4/5 teams will have enough to be introduced into the Senior/Reserve tier system next year, do not see why they are leaving out a Division 3. Lets assume at there will be 34-36 qualified teams to be in the 2-team system next year (This year we have 28 and Nth NSW have 4);

Division One has 10 teams, Wooden spoon relegated

Division 2 has the North/South Conferences (maybe 8 in each conference), 2 games played in crossovers to make the 18 games fixture, finals are combined, Top 4 from each conference qualify, played in real McIntyre finals system, Premiers promoted to Division 1, worse-off wooden spooner gets relegated.
(Having 16 teams in division 2 may allow a smoother transition to current difficult jump between Div 1 and Div 2)

Division 3 has 8-10 teams, Premiers are promoted to Div 2.

Depending where the teams from Div 1 and Div 3 come from, the North/South teams in Div 2 would change.

Don't like the Gold Coast, Brisbane and SC separate division option, SEQAFL needs fair competition and i think the division system makes that happen.

Plus they do need a Division 3, they need a division for newer and smaller clubs to grow, and not get slaughtered by higher Div 2 clubs knocking on the door of Div 1.

If they are introducing the North NSW league, which currently has four teams and with the assumption that Park Ridge and some current Div 4/5 teams will have enough to be introduced into the Senior/Reserve tier system next year, do not see why they are leaving out a Division 3. Lets assume at there will be 34-36 qualified teams to be in the 2-team system next year (This year we have 28 and Nth NSW have 4);

Division One has 10 teams, Wooden spoon relegated

Division 2 has the North/South Conferences (maybe 8 in each conference), 2 games played in crossovers to make the 18 games fixture, finals are combined, Top 4 from each conference qualify, played in real McIntyre finals system, Premiers promoted to Division 1, worse-off wooden spooner gets relegated.
(Having 16 teams in division 2 may allow a smoother transition to current difficult jump between Div 1 and Div 2)

Division 3 has 8-10 teams, Premiers are promoted to Div 2.

Depending where the teams from Div 1 and Div 3 come from, the North/South teams in Div 2 would change.

Don't like the Gold Coast, Brisbane and SC separate division option, SEQAFL needs fair competition and i think the division system makes that happen.

Plus they do need a Division 3, they need a division for newer and smaller clubs to grow, and not get slaughtered by higher Div 2 clubs knocking on the door of Div 1.
With some of the options they are looking at there’s a possibility that some divs will have up to 13 teams in it

With some of the options they are looking at there’s a possibility that some divs will have up to 13 teams in it
Crossovers went through the motion in 2013/14 I think when div 1 had a north and south setup and no one wanted it
It can never be fair...
Like the Top team in the south where drawn to play mayne ( who where on fire at that stage ) and the Second team where drawn to play the bottom side in the north bad idea

Crossovers went through the motion in 2013/14 I think when div 1 had a north and south setup and no one wanted it
It can never be fair...
Like the Top team in the south where drawn to play mayne ( who where on fire at that stage ) and the Second team where drawn to play the bottom side in the north bad idea

Could have the crossovers in the last 2 rounds amd just wait until mid season to weigh out the fairness of the crossovers.

But that's just what I think would be ideal if they did add the North NSW teams.

Ideally they just bring back to 10 teams each division next season and teams deal with the travel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why that is.
Outa - you had a north division and minimal travel and finished 3rd in it spending reasonable coin to do so - and then dropped back 2 divisions once the backside fell out of that experiment. I have no idea what you would like AFLQ to do to make EVERONE happy and not just a few Brisbane clubs that actually don't run the competition. Not sure if you have picked up that AFL footy in the SE corner has a reasonably strong area 100km north and south of Brisbane as well. Logistically it is tough. Not all clubs want to play in a geographical comp because it would mean getting pole axed by stronger clubs in the same area. If someone went to you and said Kedron is now playing Aspley, Mayne, Noosa, Maroochydore, Caloundra would you embrace it? Its not that easy mate. I agree in an ideal world the comps would stay fixed for a 5-10yr period. In reality it cant work like that and often bc of clubs themselves.

Outa - you had a north division and minimal travel and finished 3rd in it spending reasonable coin to do so - and then dropped back 2 divisions once the backside fell out of that experiment. I have no idea what you would like AFLQ to do to make EVERONE happy and not just a few Brisbane clubs that actually don't run the competition. Not sure if you have picked up that AFL footy in the SE corner has a reasonably strong area 100km north and south of Brisbane as well. Logistically it is tough. Not all clubs want to play in a geographical comp because it would mean getting pole axed by stronger clubs in the same area. If someone went to you and said Kedron is now playing Aspley, Mayne, Noosa, Maroochydore, Caloundra would you embrace it? Its not that easy mate. I agree in an ideal world the comps would stay fixed for a 5-10yr period. In reality it cant work like that and often bc of clubs themselves.

Amen to that. All the talk of the changes etc. They occur because of the clubs themselves and a range of external factors too. Population shifts will play a huge shift over time and the best decision will be made at each point in time when it is appropriate. The talk of SC footy - people quickly forget that every senior club on the coast (with the exception of Noosa) has gone **** up at some stage.

Sounds like another cluster #### to me.
More quality decisions coming.
Minimal travel your kidding.
Caloundra maroochydore noosa nambour morteon were all in that comp so more travel than today.
Qafl and division one have the best and most financial sides so travel not an issue in those comps.
Players getting coin should travel if required.
They deserve to play the best available.
All other levels are building up or trying to recover and the standard is way off the top divisions.
So pool all div 2 and 3 teams and you have a starting point to work from.
So it just makes sence not to be traveling from one end the state to the other.
Those are the clubs that actually need more help and less travel for games will keep players turning up each week.
You guys underestimate what struggling clubs go through to get two teams each week.
Before you say tough luck put yourself in their shoes.
The more we can help and make it easier for these clubs to improve then in my opinion it's a good move.
Try getting blokes to commit when you tell them they will be travelling several hours to have a game every couple of weeks.
Times have changed and we need to understand not every player in lower divisions are willing to commit to that.
So it just makes it harder for them.
Keep it as close as possible with the exception of the one or two clubs that just don't fit in anywhere close in their division.
That's what I would like to see.
I'm not just about kedron mate I'd like to see every club get better at what they do.
And by the way I had no part in the decisions of the past at kedron.
I certainly didn't agree with them.
But I do remember picking up the pieces when it went to shit.
It's a long way back when you make poor decisions based on money or ego.

M

Caloundra maroochydore noosa nambour morteon were all in that comp so more travel than today.
Qafl and division one have the best and most financial sides so travel not an issue in those comps.
All other levels are building up or trying to recover and the standard is way off the top divisions.
Those are the clubs that actually need more help and less travel for games will keep players turning up each week.
You guys underestimate what struggling clubs go through to get two teams each week.
The more we can help and make it easier for these clubs to improve then in my opinion it's a good move.
Try getting blokes to commit when you tell them they will be travelling several hours to have a game every couple of weeks.
Times have changed and we need to understand not every player in lower divisions are willing to commit to that.
Keep it as close as possible with the exception of the one or two clubs that just don't fit in anywhere close in their division.
I'm not just about kedron mate I'd like to see every club get better at what they do.
But I do remember picking up the pieces when it went to ****.
Maybe you should get a job at AFLQ

Why don't you put my idea forward.
We're clubs asked on what they thought or just given options and said pick one.
There is a huge difference between input and choices.
Well mate there is a panel of club representatives across all div 1-3 that have given their input which then AFLQ come up with the the 3 options that are being discussed based on what information they received from the representatives now the options have been put forward to the clubs to discuss and decide what they like best or even add more suggestions.

I could be wrong but I think they only got 3-4 reps from each divs to try and work something that would suit majority because at the end of the day what ever is decided not every club will be happy with what is decided.

Well mate there is a panel of club representatives across all div 1-3 that have given their input which then AFLQ come up with the the 3 options that are being discussed based on what information they received from the representatives now the options have been put forward to the clubs to discuss and decide what they like best or even add more suggestions.

I could be wrong but I think they only got 3-4 reps from each divs to try and work something that would suit majority because at the end of the day what ever is decided not every club will be happy with what is decided.
Well let's hope comon sence and no selfish attitudes are in play.
Of course your not going to please everyone but if you don't aim for that your already failing.
You have to stop bending to big clubs and help the bottom third of clubs get stronger.
A business only gets better when you improve in your weakest areas.

Well let's hope comon sence and no selfish attitudes are in play.
Of course your not going to please everyone but if you don't aim for that your already failing.
You have to stop bending to big clubs and help the bottom third of clubs get stronger.
A business only gets better when you improve in your weakest areas.

So wouldn't leaving div 1 alone and having maybe Nth/Sth Conference divisions in Div 2 sort this issue out of travelling (the concept i made this morning), and keeping a development league for Div 3 for some of the teams to grow. That only issue is, there might not be enough teams for a nth/sth division unless they did introduce the Tweed/NSW teams like Bryon and Ballina.

If AFLQ did introduce Div 2 and Div 3 teams in the same league next season, there would be so many one-sided games, so i think the issue here is numbers. Unless there were 3 or 4 teams from the Friday night leagues plus Nth NSW teams into the two-team tier system to increase numbers in Div 2 and Div 3, i think we need to accept the travelling and kept the system as it is.

What’s wrong with the current set up ??? It should be left as it is. Who gives a rats if you have to go for a few big drives a year !
Let's say they put in nsw teams in div 3.
You now have 5 teams with a 4 to 8 hour round trip from center of Brisbane.
Add a couple more if your futher out in other direction.
That's just bloody stupid and is unsustainable.
That's what's wrong with that.
But if they just leave it alone fine.
But the chances of that are slim.

So wouldn't leaving div 1 alone and having maybe Nth/Sth Conference divisions in Div 2 sort this issue out of travelling (the concept i made this morning), and keeping a development league for Div 3 for some of the teams to grow. That only issue is, there might not be enough teams for a nth/sth division unless they did introduce the Tweed/NSW teams like Bryon and Ballina.

If AFLQ did introduce Div 2 and Div 3 teams in the same league next season, there would be so many one-sided games, so i think the issue here is numbers. Unless there were 3 or 4 teams from the Friday night leagues plus Nth NSW teams into the two-team tier system to increase numbers in Div 2 and Div 3, i think we need to accept the travelling and kept the system as it is.
There's one sided games already.
Jindalee twos got pumped by 170 Saturday.
I think the north south is the one that makes more sence if nsw teams come in.
Surly you couldn't expect Gympie to go to ballana.
You would have to leave at 4.30am to get there on time for twos game.
If nsw teams don't come in just leave it as it is.

But I do remember picking up the pieces when it went to ****.

Its not hat easy putting 2 teams on the paddock in Div 1 either!! We scraped and begged to get 2 sides at Burleigh last weekend and even I had to have a kick at 51.. Don't confuse a couple of strong clubs as the template for everyone. The player spend at Caloundra is less than $13K + awards totalling $100 each week - its not a gigantic amount of money.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back