QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

if the results from the weekend show anything, its that the decision by AFLQ to promote some clubs last year was completely devoid of logic. Park Ridge were humiliated on the weekend and are completely out of their depth. It goes to show that if you don't have the facilities, or the players, how can you possibly compete in a higher level on the back of one average season?

If you look at promotion and relegation in other leagues around the country. (Efl and Yvmdfl leagues I'm familiar with) the best sides normally beat the promoted sides well.
Aspley are going to be the side to beat and did that on Saturday. Park ridge, Kedron and The buffs will all feel confident the can get results over coomera, Alex hills, Morton bay and each other.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you look at promotion and relegation in other leagues around the country. (Efl and Yvmdfl leagues I'm familiar with) the best sides normally beat the promoted sides well.
Aspley are going to be the side to beat and did that on Saturday. Park ridge, Kedron and The buffs will all feel confident the can get results over coomera, Alex hills, Morton bay and each other.

Morton Bay will be a top 3 team for certain.

Aspley are going to be the side to beat and did that on Saturday. Park ridge, Kedron and The buffs will all feel confident the can get results over coomera, Alex hills, Morton bay and each other
If the Buffs come within 20 goals of Moreton Bay I'll eat my hat

Pretty harsh bagging a team one game into a new season. How about we wait till mid season and then see how they are travelling?
I think clubs should be encouraged to step up a level and play at the highest level they can, not bagged for giving it a go!
I wish all three teams that stepped up all the very best and hope they go well!

Pretty harsh bagging a team one game into a new season. How about we wait till mid season and then see how they are travelling?
I think clubs should be encouraged to step up a level and play at the highest level they can, not bagged for giving it a go!
I wish all three teams that stepped up all the very best and hope they go well!

People quickly forget that Robina, cabo/ bay, coomera and Bond uni were only in the old div 3 a few years ago.

People quickly forget that Robina, cabo/ bay, coomera and Bond uni were only in the old div 3 a few years ago.
Robina will give their comp an almighty shake with plugger as the coach and a very successful coach he always gets the best out of his list and seems to always attract quality players. A quality club and definitely a quality coach

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge rumors coming out of the woodwork down at Carrara with the signing of KP and will be lacing the boots up this weekend?
KP can you confirm?

Big games this weekend, hopefully a few
I hear the Ipswich Eagles havnt been able to train properly due to lighting complications for 3 weeks will be seriously underdone if this is the case also hear their senior coach has been given the ultimatum that they need to win their next 3 games or his gone,hopfully thats not true they need all the stability they concidering their track record with coaches over the last 5-7 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit late but predictions for this year.
Seniors

Victoria Point
Roosters
Pine Rivers
Wynnum
Ipswich
Redcliffe
Carrara
Hinterland

Reserves

Pine Rivers
Ipswich
Roosters
Victoria Point
Carrara
Redcliffe
Hinterland
Wynnum

Seniors

Victoria Point
Roosters
Pine Rivers
Wynnum
Ipswich
Redcliffe
Carrara
Hinterland

Reserves

Pine Rivers
Ipswich
Roosters
Victoria Point
Carrara
Redcliffe
Hinterland
Wynnum
Carrara could be a top 3 team, don't wright em off after VP touch em up. VP will be best side by a mile

Saint Kp is down at Carrara, this week wether it's for good, you'll have to wait till the end of June.

Can confirm the KP signing, very good news. His brother who is very handy is playing at the saints also. Heard they have a few quality in's this week. Should be a great game, they will get a good gauge on where they stack up in the comp this year vs Redcliffe.

Bit
Carrara could be a top 3 team, don't wright em off after VP touch em up. VP will be best side by a mile
hard to predict at this stage I reckon after everyone has played one another and injuries take their toll, a clearer picture of the favorites will come to the fore.

Seniors

Victoria Point
Roosters
Pine Rivers
Wynnum
Ipswich
Redcliffe
Carrara
Hinterland

Reserves

Pine Rivers
Ipswich
Roosters
Victoria Point
Carrara
Redcliffe
Hinterland
Wynnum

Carrara are pretty much a brand new side and once the gel and get all their quality recruits on the park look out

I think the chooks might be cooked after this weekend

We were dominated in every aspect of the game from start to finish. We had 7 to 8 changes from last weeks side due to prior commitments which makes it hard to keep structures and momentum, no excuse to lose the way we did though piss poor effort.

Eagles were very good and have some pretty handy players out there. Good midfield who work for each other. Well deserved win.

I think the chooks might be cooked after this weekend

Nah not even close mate, we had a lot of changes even right up to the eve of the game to key players and just weren't able to hold our structures.

Boys know where we broke down and we will regroup and have another crack next weekend.

It's only the second game of the year and Ipswich played well and got ontop of us early so well done to them.

Long season and it's only just begun

Nah not even close mate, we had a lot of changes even right up to the eve of the game to key players and just weren't able to hold our structures.

Boys know where we broke down and we will regroup and have another crack next weekend.

It's only the second game of the year and Ipswich played well and got ontop of us early so well done to them.

Long season and it's only just begun

Well I hope the chooks get them 7 players back this week or it could be another big loss with the swans in good form

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back