QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 5,3,2, and 1 draws won’t be released until the situation with parkridge is sorted
I hear aflq are doing the rounds looking to see if anyone wants to go up divisions.
Want to keep 10 teams in the comps.
This would suggest park ridge are not going up.
Would be a real disappointment to have clubs stand their rightful ground.
Seems the rules can be bent if they want to.
Should be interesting to see how it's handled.
According to the rules if park ridge pull out the only comp affected should be division one.
That's the rules isn't it.

I hear aflq are doing the rounds looking to see if anyone wants to go up divisions.
Want to keep 10 teams in the comps.
This would suggest park ridge are not going up.
Would be a real disappointment to have clubs stand their rightful ground.
Seems the rules can be bent if they want to.
Should be interesting to see how it's handled.
According to the rules if park ridge pull out the only comp affected should be division one.
That's the rules isn't it.
You guys would go up if asked?

If the AFLQ don't enforce the rules as they are, then they may as well do away with the promotion/relegation system completely which would be an absolute shame. All the clubs knew what the deal was going into the season!

If the AFLQ don't enforce the rules as they are, then they may as well do away with the promotion/relegation system completely which would be an absolute shame. All the clubs knew what the deal was going into the season!
Agreed and for a club to skip through the ranks without earning the right would be suicide.
Go up get smashed then go back down.
Two years wasted .
All clubs need to grow at a pace that won't see them fold.
History has proven that.

Agreed and for a club to skip through the ranks without earning the right would be suicide.
Two years wasted .
History has proven that.
No Doubt.....which is why guys being paid some of the dollars floating around to play in div 2 and div 3 footy is laughable......and in most cases unsustainable

I
Two years wasted .
History has proven that.
I disagree I think the top 4 in div 3 this year would be competitive and win games against the teams from 5-10 in div 2 and if you added 3-4 more qaulity players to your list would be competitive against the top teams. The top 4 in div3 all had quality players that have played at a higher level jus a matter of adding and your current list improving as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

I disagree I think the top 4 in div 3 this year would be competitive and win games against the teams from 5-10 in div 2 and if you added 3-4 more qaulity players to your list would be competitive against the top teams. The top 4 in div3 all had quality players that have played at a higher level jus a matter of adding and your current list improving as well
So your saying your considering the move up.
It's all well and good if you keep your current players but who does that these days.
Add a couple lose a couple and your exactly where you started.
Ok the jump from div 3 to div 2 isn't as big as from div 2 to div 1.
But if your club was in a position where you had to go to aflq and plead to try and stay alive your opinion might change.
I know exactly how that feels and the respect given was none.
The only honest and up front way is to play by the rules.
That should be clubs as well as aflq.
Just think if clubs thought collectively the aflq might deal with different issues in the future with more thought for the club and the competition.
I say everyone should stand firm and send a clear message.
I have no affiliation with park ridge but remember it could happen to you one day.
A club can go from top to bottom in a heartbeat.
You can either let them learn from there mistakes or you can punish them some more and really put them to the wall.
What's the value in that.

It's all well and good if you keep your current players but who does that these days.
But if your club was in a position where you had to go to aflq and plead to try and stay alive your opinion might change.
Just think if clubs thought collectively the aflq might deal with different issues in the future with more thought for the club and the competition.
I have no affiliation with park ridge but remember it could happen to you one day.
You can either let them learn from there mistakes or you can punish them some more and really put them to the wall.
We as a club always consider our options we always look at the positives and negatives in what ever the situation is and then make decision what suits us best but in saying that we havnt been asked yet and I didn’t say we would or wouldn’t. I definitely feel for parkridge and we have been in similar situation 2 years ago when I was our reserves coach and I had to create relationships with Kenmore and UQ to lend us between 5-8 players every week to keep us in div3 and not Friday night footy.
At the end of the day every club will do what’s best for them, we don’t have any issues with AFLQ they definitely show us respect and have supported us in critical situations we have experienced and have been great to us in helping us grow Afl in Ipswich.

I’m sure this mess will be sorted soon and we will be talking about something else

We as a club always consider our options we always look at the positives and negatives in what ever the situation is and then make decision what suits us best but in saying that we havnt been asked yet and I didn’t say we would or wouldn’t. I definitely feel for parkridge and we have been in similar situation 2 years ago when I was our reserves coach and I had to create relationships with Kenmore and UQ to lend us between 5-8 players every week to keep us in div3 and not Friday night footy.
At the end of the day every club will do what’s best for them, we don’t have any issues with AFLQ they definitely show us respect and have supported us in critical situations we have experienced and have been great to us in helping us grow Afl in Ipswich.

I’m sure this mess will be sorted soon and we will be talking about something else
According to aflq statement about park ridge there will be no further changes to div 1 2 and 3 no matter what park ridge do.
That's nice that you were in div 3 wait untill your in higher divisions and see how you go when you want move down a division to save your club.
You will soon find out how it feels.

You buy a flag you cop the consequences when it falls to shit!
No sympathy for clubs that force success instead of earning it!
Without opposition you have No competition, do you like playing with yourself?
No future in the past Buzz, this is big picture shit

it you win a flag because you "grew too fast" in other words bought your way to a premiership. then if you dont go up you should be striped of the flag and possibly also fined.

According to aflq statement about park ridge there will be no further changes to div 1 2 and 3 no matter what park ridge do.
That's nice that you were in div 3 wait untill your in higher divisions and see how you go when you want move down a division to save your club.
You will soon find out how it feels.

They need to win a grand final before the worry about playing in a higher division. They’ve had two bites at the cherry and failed both times.

They need to win a grand final before the worry about playing in a higher division. They’ve had two bites at the cherry and failed both times.
Correct and we are not worrying about higher divisions we just discussed it just in case it was put to us as I’d imagine a number of other clubs would of done in this div as well

it you win a flag because you "grew too fast" in other words bought your way to a premiership. then if you dont go up you should be striped of the flag and possibly also fined.
One of the stupidest posts I’ve seen ‘striped of the flag’ for raising funds,paying a few players in what I hear was a pretty even grand final absolute joke.hardly bring the game into disrepute.

How has Kedron been effected by the AFLQ wheeling out the rogue elephant 5 years ago. Do you think it’s fair and reasonable to do the same to the Pirates

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back