QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly think a team who all wear a matching polo shirt will some how be a better team than a club who don’t all dress the same? This brain dead thinking always make me laugh. Hope they all had to wear matching black slacks as well, like it will be a magic formula to bring everyone closer and look “professional”... hahaha
Totally agree longy for years Mayne were the best dressed group I’ve ever seen but couldn’t win a game it’s whats under the club polo that counts! The ‘ professional’ look is a wank! I reckon wear the club polo if it’s clean board shorts if that suits and just turn up as a team ready to have a crack

Was at the MB v Kedron game today.

Generally a really even contest through the first 3 quarters. MB kicked away late courtesy of some uncharacteristic errors in our midfield, dropped marks etc. Nickalls kicked about 6-7 for MB, and 42 put immense pressure in our defence. Westy was solid for us. Game was played in good spirit - on a side note, our 2s also lost, but in a much tighter affair.

We beat Moreton because our strengths are what they struggle defending. We’re still 5 senior players off our best side, which includes three multiple time league best and fairest winners them coming back in will strengthen both seniors and ressies. Tomorrow will be hard fought regardless of who we have in or out. I’m sure hinterland know all about how hard we go out there and I’m predicting them to be worried about picking up the ball all day and us to get up by 5 goals+.
They weren’t afraid to put their heads over the ball when we played them but you were right about one thing by looking at the score it was definitely hard fought. Congratulations to Nambour for the win I’m predicting they will win a few more yet especially if they get a bit more consistency in their game

They weren’t afraid to put their heads over the ball when we played them but you were right about one thing by looking at the score it was definitely hard fought. Congratulations to Nambour for the win I’m predicting they will win a few more yet especially if they get a bit more consistency in their game

Exactly I hear they’ve still got a lot of players to come in, so hopefully the win against gympie builds confidence. Hopefully they can win some away games. I feel they’ll be stronger at home but most clubs are. They have jindalee next which will be interesting. Both coming off good wins.

You would expect MB to cruise through pine rivers

Moorooka Redcliffe will be intersting

Wynumm Ipswich will be good to see the result of

Gympie at home verse kedron another interesting clash

Exciting times

Was at the MB v Kedron game today.

Generally a really even contest through the first 3 quarters. MB kicked away late courtesy of some uncharacteristic errors in our midfield, dropped marks etc. Nickalls kicked about 6-7 for MB, and 42 put immense pressure in our defence. Westy was solid for us. Game was played in good spirit - on a side note, our 2s also lost, but in a much tighter affair.
I really thought after the fist ten minutes Moreton were going to win it by a big margin.
Kedron pulled it back but in the end the bay boys kicked up a gear in the last and sealed it.
One thinks if your going to beat the likes Moreton Ipswich wynumm you'll need to play every quarter.
What's going on at Redcliffe twos winning by a country mile and ones struggling every week.

Exactly I hear they’ve still got a lot of players to come in, so hopefully the win against gympie builds confidence. Hopefully they can win some away games. I feel they’ll be stronger at home but most clubs are. They have jindalee next which will be interesting. Both coming off good wins.

You would expect MB to cruise through pine rivers

Moorooka Redcliffe will be intersting

Wynumm Ipswich will be good to see the result of

Gympie at home verse kedron another interesting clash

Exciting times
Wynumm Ipswich game of the round.
Clear top spot up for grabs.

I really thought after the fist ten minutes Moreton were going to win it by a big margin.
Kedron pulled it back but in the end the bay boys kicked up a gear in the last and sealed it.
One thinks if your going to beat the likes Moreton Ipswich wynumm you'll need to play every quarter.
What's going on at Redcliffe twos winning by a country mile and ones struggling every week.
I just saw the Redcliffe v Jindalee result this morning. Obviously a demoralising loss to MB last week. Wonder if they haven’t recovered? Injuries etc? Hats off to Jindalee and putting time into development of kids to secure that win though.

I think the top 4 is really starting to separate from the rest of the pack.

Big call - maybe by Round 8 you can say that. Have a good look at who has played and results thus far and there is a fair bit of sorting out to do in the next 5 weeks methinks

Big call - maybe by Round 8 you can say that. Have a good look at who has played and results thus far and there is a fair bit of sorting out to do in the next 5 weeks methinks
The next few weeks will definitely determine the law of the land.

Wynnum look obvious favourites. MB and Kedron appear to be around the mark. Ipswich putting separation on opposition.

Redcliffe suffering a heavy loss to MB and a tough loss to the lowly ranked but improving Jindalee probably creates more questions than answers.

Hinterland beating Gympie makes it hard to make sense of the MB v Gympie game.

Regardless, I still feel the top 4 are separating.

Hinterland were a pretty good outfit. Well coached and fit. We got into that situation we knew would be the most dangerous in that we let them get close and when they’ve got a sniff they come hard which is exactly what they did. 3 of our best to come back in next week vs Kedron. Hopefully bounce back and go 2-2.

The next few weeks will definitely determine the law of the land.

Wynnum look obvious favourites. MB and Kedron appear to be around the mark. Ipswich putting separation on opposition.

Redcliffe suffering a heavy loss to MB and a tough loss to the lowly ranked but improving Jindalee probably creates more questions than answers.

Hinterland beating Gympie makes it hard to make sense of the MB v Gympie game.

Regardless, I still feel the top 4 are separating.

Competition is more even this year by the looks. Moreton probably heavily under estimated us although we played at our best on the day. Last two weeks we’ve conceded a lot in red time. As the year goes on we’ll get that match fitness up. We had a late run for our premiership last year. We were sitting 2-4 at one point. A lot of blokes huffing and puffing at the moment.

I
Hinterland were a pretty good outfit. Well coached and fit. We got into that situation we knew would be the most dangerous in that we let them get close and when they’ve got a sniff they come hard which is exactly what they did. 3 of our best to come back in next week vs Kedron. Hopefully bounce back and go 2-2.
I think it’ll be a really good contest next week if that’s that case re: Gympie getting players back.

One thing I saw with MB and as outandabout pointed out, MB got off to that fast start. They are quite a young side and I guess that can be a hall mark of a young side is their footy will be inconsistent - electric at best, turnover ridden at worst - yesterday, we saw them at their best.

We fought back well and really looked dangerous in that third quarter. Couple of rotations down in the last and ultimately couldnt put the polish on a nice win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

I think it’ll be a really good contest next week if that’s that case re: Gympie getting players back.

One thing I saw with MB and as outandabout pointed out, MB got off to that fast start. They are quite a young side and I guess that can be a hall mark of a young side is their footy will be inconsistent - electric at best, turnover ridden at worst - yesterday, we saw them at their best.

We fought back well and really looked dangerous in that third quarter. Couple of rotations in the last and ultimately couldnt put the polish on a nice win.

Can agree with Moreton in that regard. Also seems they look for Nickalls every entry so we stemmed his input by getting in front of him which went along way to getting the win that day. Look forward to a cracker next week against you’s 👍.

Watched a mate out at the Kedron game yesterday and the scoreboard flattered Kedron. 6 of Kedrons first 9 goals came from very dubious free kicks. Despite this they kept working at what they do well and put pay to them with an outstanding 15 minutes of footy in the final term. Kedron fought hard but a tad off the top ones overall I'd say.
It's great to see good games and upsets most weeks.

Watched a mate out at the Kedron game yesterday and the scoreboard flattered Kedron. 6 of Kedrons first 9 goals came from very dubious free kicks. Despite this they kept working at what they do well and put pay to them with an outstanding 15 minutes of footy in the final term. Kedron fought hard but a tad off the top ones overall I'd say.
It's great to see good games and upsets most weeks.
Very tough statement. Umpiring a non factor. Wind was more a factor. To MB’s credit, they took their chances in what was for three and a half quarters a very even contest. We will bounce back and look to improve towards the Gympie game which of course will be another test.

My boys favourites for sure next week,I’m tipping us by 42 against an Eagles side on the slide

You’re tip was really close mate we had the game over by quarter time 🤣. I’ll give you some credit though your depth has improved but still a long way off the mark considering we had our BF winner out, our Ruckman and a couple of others stick with it though there on the right track.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great win by Jindalee
Not sure what the hell is going on with ream selection at Redcliffe with so many good players in the twos
Jindalee have a very strong junior
Dept won’t be many years till there a strong unit playing in higher divs
Like they used to and remember they have won a div 2 flag in days gone by
Well done

In all my many decades of coaching i can count on one hand the amount of times I have selected the team I wanted.
There is always someone injured away sick working or some other reason.
If you are planning for that to happen your going to lose a lot of games waiting.
Get the best out of what you have now and everything thing else will be a bonus.
That's footy and that's the challenge.

Great win by Jindalee
Not sure what the hell is going on with ream selection at Redcliffe with so many good players in the twos
Jindalee have a very strong junior
Dept won’t be many years till there a strong unit playing in higher divs
Like they used to and remember they have won a div 2 flag in days gone by
Well done

In all my many decades of coaching i can count on one hand the amount of times I have selected the team I wanted.
There is always someone injured away sick working or some other reason.
If you are planning for that to happen your going to lose a lot of games waiting.
Get the best out of what you have now and everything thing else will be a bonus.
That's footy and that's the challenge.

Spot on. Depth and player/injury management are key - sorry for the cliche.

Definitely stacking their twos. Strange to value a ressie flag over a senior flag 🤔.
Hard to believe 2s stacking is or would be happening in Div 3.
They may have guys that are reasonable players that cannot commit to training or playing every week and are selected in the 2s.
Not a Redcliffe supporter, just saying to me it makes no sense to stack the 2s especially in round 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back