QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

zillmere were struggling to get numbers before the season kicked off. Gympie has always struggles and to their credit they keep coming back.
so why was zillmere granted the licence to return to div 2 if they didnt have the numbers?
i dont see how that benifits club or league to have them in this situation

Makes a mockery of the entire code.

To get a licence other clubs need to meet criteria. If they’d met theirs they shouldn’t be in this situation. They haven’t played any of the real contenders yet either. See how they’re travelling after a few 200 plus point losses on the trot.

It was always madness putting both Pine and Zillmere back in at the same time. HQ asleep at the wheel as always.

Makes a mockery of the entire code.

To get a licence other clubs need to meet criteria. If they’d met theirs they shouldn’t be in this situation. They haven’t played any of the real contenders yet either. See how they’re travelling after a few 200 plus point losses on the trot.

It was always madness putting both Pine and Zillmere back in at the same time. HQ asleep at the wheel as always.
ur spot on mate!!
i think pine look to be handling the return to saturday footy so far but i think granting zillmere the licence now will only hurt the club and make it harder for longer.
we want both zillmere and pine being competitive in div 2 and i just hope pine can get the numbers all year and not make this any more of a joke

Zillmere won in the Ressies last week? Have had full teams both games so far. I know they have a huge list of unavailable and injured guys, they have found a way to fill two teams both weeks, are they not playing this week?

“It makes a mockery of the code” is the greatest overstatement of all time..
and this week.....??????

Gee you blokes a bit tough on Zillmere. They are fielding two teams and hopefully grow as a Saturday club this year.
If you only judge a team on results then there are a few here struggling big time.
Don't see the problem with permit players. Gives blokes a chance to play footy.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed. They haven’t played with 2 teams for nearly 20 years ! Hopefully they get there injured players back soon. There does seem to be a lot of teams struggling to fill ressies sides though. But other clubs have enough players for 2 Friday night teams. Blows my mind! I do think it’s a bit rough winning though when you have a heap of permit players though…

Agreed. They haven’t played with 2 teams for nearly 20 years ! Hopefully they get there injured players back soon. There does seem to be a lot of teams struggling to fill ressies sides though. But other clubs have enough players for 2 Friday night teams. Blows my mind! I do think it’s a bit rough winning though when you have a heap of permit players though…
Been happening in the lower competitions for years. Think most clubs would have used a permitted player somewhere along the lines. Yes it is stiff when it happens but what’s the solution, the game gets forfeited.

We copped Gympie up there last year on our knees and they had some nice ring ins and got their first win in a long time. Was sour at the time but at the end of day it’s a game of footy.

Come finals time you can’t use them but it is tough if it stops a legitimate team from making finals because they drop a game to a topped up team.

Not sure what the answer is if you need players?

Been happening in the lower competitions for years. Think most clubs would have used a permitted player somewhere along the lines. Yes it is stiff when it happens but what’s the solution, the game gets forfeited.

We copped Gympie up there last year on our knees and they had some nice ring ins and got their first win in a long time. Was sour at the time but at the end of day it’s a game of footy.

Come finals time you can’t use them but it is tough if it stops a legitimate team from making finals because they drop a game to a topped up team.

Yeah I dunno what the solution is tbh. I do remember a pirates fill in kicking 10 against us a few years ago🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The massive influx of Brisbane teams going Friday night hasn’t helped. However it’s brilliant that Pine Rivers and Zillmere took on the massive challenge to put in two teams and compete back on Saturdays. I’d argue that whoever wins the GF this year should go up div 1. No idea why Alex Hills didn’t, quality in both seniors and ressies. Should help alleviate some of those numbers issues. But yeah not sure what else to ensure enough players. Just a thing that happens to every club at some point. Happens more to other clubs too.

Kenmore put their hand up for Div 1 a few years ago. That year they won Div 2 Sth and next season ended up in Div 2 Nth. 🤷‍♂️

Looking through last weeks Zillmere teams I see no game permits. Couple of season permits but that was it. Don’t see why there is a huge fuss from one or two people.

shesh.. big day at yeronga. Who is this great for again?
You're right it's not good and there's three teams at the bottom end that will be struggling for the rest of the year but as long as they turn up. That's about all you can ask from here.
Kenmore off to a slow start but could pull it back in line quickly.
Pirates Jindalee Yeronga winning enough and moving along.
Kedron's only win was over a bottom side.
Sandgate Alex hills and Redcliffe lead the pack but haven't played each other yet.
Pine are going to surprise a few this year and if they stay healthy may very well play in September.
So it's a relatively standard ladder at this stage.
A few out in front
A middle that is competitive
A bottom end making up the numbers.

You're right it's not good and there's three teams at the bottom end that will be struggling for the rest of the year but as long as they turn up. That's about all you can ask from here.
Kenmore off to a slow start but could pull it back in line quickly.
Pirates Jindalee Yeronga winning enough and moving along.
Kedron's only win was over a bottom side.
Sandgate Alex hills and Redcliffe lead the pack but haven't played each other yet.
Pine are going to surprise a few this year and if they stay healthy may very well play in September.
So it's a relatively standard ladder at this stage.
A few out in front
A middle that is competitive
A bottom end making up the numbers.

Since Moreton Bay and Hinterland went up to div 1. Top 3-4 are a lot closer. However like previous seasons after about 4th the quality starts to drop significantly. And the unfortunate thing is those bottom sides tend to only get the wins on the teams that are around them on the ladder. Most don’t get close to the top sides. I do wonder if going back to a div 2 and div 3 comp might alleviate those smashings. But I guess teams prefer to not travel far and get smashed rather then travelling up or down the Pacific motorway for a win. Probably 2 teams too many in north and not enough in south.

Since Moreton Bay and Hinterland went up to div 1. Top 3-4 are a lot closer. However like previous seasons after about 4th the quality starts to drop significantly. And the unfortunate thing is those bottom sides tend to only get the wins on the teams that are around them on the ladder. Most don’t get close to the top sides. I do wonder if going back to a div 2 and div 3 comp might alleviate those smashings. But I guess teams prefer to not travel far and get smashed rather then travelling up or down the Pacific motorway for a win. Probably 2 teams too many in north and not enough in south.
This sort of stuff has been going on for decades in one comp or another.
There really is no fix to it as it could be a different team next year. It only takes a few blokes in some sides to either lift or drop you quickly.
The ones that stay on top are the ones who's list doesn't change to dramatically every year.
But that's been the same for decades as well.
Three types of clubs.
Thriving
Surviving
Struggling

This sort of stuff has been going on for decades in one comp or another.
There really is no fix to it as it could be a different team next year. It only takes a few blokes in some sides to either lift or drop you quickly.
The ones that stay on top are the ones who's list doesn't change to dramatically every year.
But that's been the same for decades as well.
Three types of clubs.
Thriving
Surviving
Struggling

Yeah totally agree. In every comp from QAFL to div 4, teams are either being smashed or smashing others and then there is the middle pack. But it’s interesting how one decision either by the board, coaching panel or players can either make or break a club. Of course this doesn’t always happen over night but quite a few teams have been made or broken this year.

In this comp, Wynnum made some terrible decisions as a club and will be lucky to string even one win and yet you now have Jindalee who have made great decisions and are starting to become competitive and hopefully move out of the bottom and into they ‘middle pack’. Just seems really relevant to this comp in particular. But yeah just how things are. Does seem like a lot more clubs lately are changing committees and coaches more frequently in recent years. And not always for the better.

Yeah totally agree. In every comp from QAFL to div 4, teams are either being smashed or smashing others and then there is the middle pack. But it’s interesting how one decision either by the board, coaching panel or players can either make or break a club. Of course this doesn’t always happen over night but quite a few teams have been made or broken this year.

In this comp, Wynnum made some terrible decisions as a club and will be lucky to string even one win and yet you now have Jindalee who have made great decisions and are starting to become competitive and hopefully move out of the bottom and into they ‘middle pack’. Just seems really relevant to this comp in particular. But yeah just how things are. Does seem like a lot more clubs lately are changing committees and coaches more frequently in recent years. And not always for the better.
You are correct poor decisions in committee rooms are usually why a club will implode.
Always be aware of bringing in a coach who says I've got 12 blokes that will come with me. They generally leave in a group as well.
Moving up when you're not really ready is a trap and it can set you back years.
Having a committee that wants to change everything because they know better never really works out.
Paying big money to a couple of blokes can put a knife through the group if they don't make a massive impact.
Better to throw in few regos and quality awards.
If you're good enough you get paid attitude.
But that's just my opinion.

You are correct poor decisions in committee rooms are usually why a club will implode.
Always be aware of bringing in a coach who says I've got 12 blokes that will come with me. They generally leave in a group as well.
Moving up when you're not really ready is a trap and it can set you back years.
Having a committee that wants to change everything because they know better never really works out.
Paying big money to a couple of blokes can put a knife through the group if they don't make a massive impact.
Better to throw in few regos and quality awards.
If you're good enough you get paid attitude.
But that's just my opinion.

You spot on Bucky. Takes a lot of hard work off field to get things right just to be competitive.

Think that same coach was announced at Jimboomba at start of year and had drums beating they would be playing Div 2 Footy. Only there a month and left and club struggled to get a Friday Night Team together.

Coaching decisions have a huge say in what direction a club is going. If you don’t get that right it’s a 3-5 rebuild just to get back on level footing.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back