QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Both sides seem well matched to me. It’s an interesting one though with the lead up. Alex Hills have a high class match v Sandgate, and just pipped. Redcliffe have a big win. If neither got any significant injuries which game prepares you better?
i thought Alex lost a guy to a broken leg ? either way, there was an injury that stopped play for awhile?

Down to 2.

Hawks vs bombers!

Hawks for me!
It's set up for two great contest's.
Alex finding form at the back end and Sandgate in good shape.
In the seniors it will be won or lost in the mids.
One thing I am sure is it will be a very physical contest and with Alex having had two soild games and playing in that heat yesterday I wonder if it's going to show in the last 20 minutes.
The twos match up evenly and will be a tight contest.
Might just come down to who makes the most of set shots.
Not much between both grades.
Sandgate for me as well.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Coorparoo now going up into QAFL. Do one or both of those teams go up in div 1? As Div 1 is now left to 7 teams. Alex and Sandgate have the depth in both grades clearly. And Alex Hills now going for back to back.

With Coorparoo now going up into QAFL. Do one or both of those teams go up in div 1? As Div 1 is now left to 7 teams. Alex and Sandgate have the depth in both grades clearly. And Alex Hills now going for back to back.
A question only the clubs can answer. Got to have both on and off field shit together to even consider the possibility.
If you're not 100% sure and don't have the backing of the current list it will not work.
Wynnum prime example.

Good question. But wouldn’t this have been one of the requirements of the league to ensure that moving to 13 QAFL club and leaving 7 QFA Div 1 not the right balance?

Maybe the Hawks and Bombers waiting until after this GF?

Biggest prediction of the year.
Great you left it to Grand final week.

I got no idea really but it would be a massive achievement if Redcliffe went to Div1. It wasn’t that long ago they were playing in a swamp at Rothwell. There club is bigger then some qafl clubs now. And the hawks with there big supporter base and great juniors. Should be in Div 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got no idea really but it would be a massive achievement if Redcliffe went to Div1. It wasn’t that long ago they were playing in a swamp at Rothwell. There club is bigger then some qafl clubs now. And the hawks with there big supporter base and great juniors. Should be in Div 1.
I'm sure you want all three to go up. Would certainly help the swans and a couple of others next year.

Why can’t there be a Div1 North & South like there is in Div 2?

Similar, yes. The starting issue of course is we have too many QAFL clubs.
Outside of Mt Gravatt though who are the obvious drop out candidates for QAFL to bring it back to a 10 team comp? Plus I feel like the difference in level of quality especially for the south comp could be an issue

Pomona back to the Wide Bay comp, first senior team in 8 years. Spells the end of Gympie in this comp you'd hope?
I wouldn't count Gympie out mate. I'm told the club and players want to stay.
Like I've said before they are financial and never had a forfeit but it took help from other clubs to make that happen.
Will aflq take note of that.

I wouldn't count Gympie out mate. I'm told the club and players want to stay.
Like I've said before they are financial and never had a forfeit but it took help from other clubs to make that happen.
Will aflq take note of that.

Pomona will poach a few though surely ? I know if I’m an every day battler in Gympie I’d rather be driving two hours north and being somewhat competitive than driving two hours south and getting belted every week

Daniel Daye out with an ACL so balances out (somewhat). Murray and Ambachtsheer still formidable enough, I think its still lineball either way
Also heard the Hawks fullback was ruled out of the QF against Alex Hills with concussion? The 21-day mandatory rest period would mean he is also unavailable wouldn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back