QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Mt Gravatt though who are the obvious drop out candidates for QAFL to bring it back to a 10 team comp? Plus I feel like the difference in level of quality especially for the south comp could be an issue
Yeah, fair question FB.

In short I’d expect that a review by all QAFL clubs via a standard policy framework which I presume Coorparoo had to pass to gain entry. Simply 10 stay. The 3 others go to Div 1. I won’t sell clubs I know nothing about short but you’d think out of the 13 you’d drop one from each of Sunny Coast, Brisbane & Gold Coast. Plus Southport are re-entering local footy via Friday nights so the status quo may not stay the same down there for long.

The south would then have Springwood, Beenleigh, potentially 2 x QAFL exits and the top 3-4 QFA Div 2 South, plus potentially Alex Hills & eventually I dare say Southport.

The north would potentially have 1 x QAFL exit, Mayne, Uni, Caloundra, Hinterland, plus maybe Sandgate & Redcliffe?? Akers may aim the Swans to get there plus Kenmore & Kedron.

Anyway I’m sure to have stirred up someone with all that. I just think 10 is the maximum you want in your premium competition.

Noosa, Redland, Surfers, Labrador out.

Moreton or Springfield IN (or both of them IN, and Sherwood OUT)

End up with 10, nice geographical spread, cover growth areas. Nothing to do with how successful they are or otherwise, but remove the ones without strong juniors, and add the straegically located ones in.

Moreton flls the northern void and captures southern part of coast
Springfield represents the West at the expense of Sherwood
Noosa out (just too far away)
Surfers and Labrador out due to poor junior setup and unsustainable model.

Ruthless I know, but it makes sense. So probably means Trish will add Harvey Bay to the comp or something.

Yeah, fair question FB.

In short I’d expect that a review by all QAFL clubs via a standard policy framework which I presume Coorparoo had to pass to gain entry. Simply 10 stay. The 3 others go to Div 1. I won’t sell clubs I know nothing about short but you’d think out of the 13 you’d drop one from each of Sunny Coast, Brisbane & Gold Coast. Plus Southport are re-entering local footy via Friday nights so the status quo may not stay the same down there for long.

The south would then have Springwood, Beenleigh, potentially 2 x QAFL exits and the top 3-4 QFA Div 2 South, plus potentially Alex Hills & eventually I dare say Southport.

The north would potentially have 1 x QAFL exit, Mayne, Uni, Caloundra, Hinterland, plus maybe Sandgate & Redcliffe?? Akers may aim the Swans to get there plus Kenmore & Kedron.

Anyway I’m sure to have stirred up someone with all that. I just think 10 is the maximum you want in your premium competition.
I do agree that 10 is a good number especially for the QAFL. All of it does sound good in Theory but obviously the chances of that all happening is quite unlikely. Especially given how AFLQ is run.

Noosa, Redland, Surfers, Labrador out.

Moreton or Springfield IN (or both of them IN, and Sherwood OUT)

End up with 10, nice geographical spread, cover growth areas. Nothing to do with how successful they are or otherwise, but remove the ones without strong juniors, and add the straegically located ones in.

Moreton flls the northern void and captures southern part of coast
Springfield represents the West at the expense of Sherwood
Noosa out (just too far away)
Surfers and Labrador out due to poor junior setup and unsustainable model.

Ruthless I know, but it makes sense. So probably means Trish will add Harvey Bay to the comp or something.
Geographically it does all make sense but as you said is ruthless and can’t see teams like Labrador or Redlands not playing in QAFL comp. Feel like if Noosa & Maroochydore are in different comps that’s an issue for both considering the rivalry and the financial aspect each club has when they play each other. Not to mention a whole bunch of other things but it’s all fun in theory to talk about. Knowing what probably goes on at AFLQ you’re right that Hervey Bay probably gets added before anything else happens.

Might be giving HQ a get out clause here but can you imagine trying to sell that model to all the clubs?

10 is the ideal number for an even fixture and not spreading talent too thin but to remove 3 clubs is now a full stretch. One of 2 things a club needs to stay viable in the top level: money or juniors. Ideally both.

Think the 7 pillars that were espoused a little while ago need to be held to account and if clubs cannot meet these then that's your benchmark. Clubs like Moreton bay are years away from being considered for QAFL footy imo. So is Springfield. Nice facilities don't make you a QAFL club.

Might be giving HQ a get out clause here but can you imagine trying to sell that model to all the clubs?

10 is the ideal number for an even fixture and not spreading talent too thin but to remove 3 clubs is now a full stretch. One of 2 things a club needs to stay viable in the top level: money or juniors. Ideally both.

Think the 7 pillars that were espoused a little while ago need to be held to account and if clubs cannot meet these then that's your benchmark. Clubs like Moreton bay are years away from being considered for QAFL footy imo. So is Springfield. Nice facilities don't make you a QAFL club.
Has to go to 10. I agree there is more to it than nice facilities.

It could be over a 1-3 year period to allow clubs to prove viability as you stated but you have to keep progressing and reviewing. You can’t just lock down a State League position forever.

Springfield actually would make sense, but not in the next decade. Something in Logan too.

Realistically, Mt Gravatt, Coorparoo, Morningside and Sherwood are all within 15 mins of each other - doesn't make strategic sense - but good luck convincing any of us to drop out!
Bring back the Logan Cobras I say! Or what they last were was the South East Suns. Big ground and have a smaller junior oval as well. Plenty of parking too.

But pretty sure the cricket club there has made it pretty tough to bring the club back to life. Along with players actually wanting to go there.

But Beenleigh has the Logan area covered.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to everyone at Sandgate as been a long road back so they deserve all the credit in times like this.

Well done to my favourite player
Tommy “O” on another successful big dance. And to Watto, Dazzler, Joey, Fab etc that have been rusted on the place for a long time. Enjoy the celebrations lads🍺🏆

Congratulations to everyone at Sandgate as been a long road back so they deserve all the credit in times like this.

Well done to my favourite player
Tommy “O” on another successful big dance. And to Watto, Dazzler, Joey, Fab etc that have been rusted on the place for a long time. Enjoy the celebrations lads🍺🏆

I wanted to read a match report from this game but of course not a thing on the aflq website. Not even a match preview for either of the div 2 finals . Head office really don't care about anything under QAFL level it appears.

I wanted to read a match report from this game but of course not a thing on the aflq website. Not even a match preview for either of the div 2 finals . Head office really don't care about anything under QAFL level it appears.

If you have read any of the QAFL reports and previews, you are proabbly better off with nothing to be honest.

You could be a bit off here.
It looked like everyone who worked in aflq was at the game. Not sure what they were doing.
But try and find someone and get your questions answered during the year is a different story.
Just wondering who takes the gate money.
Aflq officials had the EFTPOS at both locations I went too.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You could be a bit off here.
It looked like everyone who worked in aflq was at the game. Not sure what they were doing.
But try and find someone and get your questions answered during the year is a different story.
Just wondering who takes the gate money.
Aflq officials had the EFTPOS at both locations I went too.

If so many were in attendance then you'd think it wouldn't of been that hard for one of them to knock up a paragraph or so about the game early this week and put it on the website.

You assume correct.
Yes I do know and will tell you Sunday.

Congrats on the win

Watched most of the live stream and fullback played an important role in breaking the drought for your hawks, kept alex ff quiet for the most part. What injury was he carrying from the qualifying final?

Sandgate ruckman has some serious size about him and made a big difference. Could see him returning for another crack at qafl

Congrats on the win

Watched most of the live stream and fullback played an important role in breaking the drought for your hawks, kept alex ff quiet for the most part. What injury was he carrying from the qualifying final?

Sandgate ruckman has some serious size about him and made a big difference. Could see him returning for another crack at qafl
No real injury just got the ribs rearranged in the prelim and made him a tad crook.
I agree too tall is a great ruck.
Have to say the playing group was solid all year.
People have no idea how much influence Trent the seniors coach had across the whole group.
I've been coached and coached with some incredible people but this bloke is in the top tier of that group.
If there is an award for coaches he has to be considered.
I'd say the group will stick fat but I'm thinking a 16 year old kid named Noah must be on the radar of few clubs.
The kids skill composure was well above his pay grade all year.

Last edited:
Will Lovett BOG, looks a serious player based on his playhq profile, and also noticed he is related to Jamaine Jones from WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back