QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

congratulations to both Sandgate winning in the seniors and to Alex Hills winning it in the reserves. Both clubs in either comp both been dominant all year, Sandgate winning one after a long draught and Alex hills knocking off sandgate who were going for back to back after Alex hills finishing fourth in the reserves!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No real injury just got the ribs rearranged in the prelim and made him a tad crook.
I agree too tall is a great ruck.
Have to say the playing group was solid all year.
People have no idea how much influence Trent the seniors coach had across the whole group.
I've been coached and coached with some incredible people but this bloke is in the top tier of that group.
If there is an award for coaches he has to be considered.
I'd say the group will stick fat but I'm thinking a 16 year old kid named Noah must be on the radar of few clubs.
The kids skill composure was well above his pay grade all year.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trent is an incredible human.

They have to. Can’t have a million in 2 x Div 2 comps and a small Div 1
They don't have to do anything and you can't force a club.
Poor planning over the years is not the responsibility of clubs now. The lions won three cups before they went up.
Wynnum went up and now completely stuffed.
What if most of the playing group are against it.
Where do you find the players.
What if your budget isn't there.
Your under the pump straight away.
Lots of questions to be explored before any club can make that decision.
It's easy to say go up but then you actually have to do it.
If it doesn't work out aflq don't come to your rescue.

They don't have to do anything and you can't force a club.
Poor planning over the years is not the responsibility of clubs now. The lions won three cups before they went up.
Wynnum went up and now completely stuffed.
What if most of the playing group are against it.
Where do you find the players.
What if your budget isn't there.
Your under the pump straight away.
Lots of questions to be explored before any club can make that decision.
It's easy to say go up but then you actually have to do it.
If it doesn't work out aflq don't come to your rescue.

Fair point on each clubs journey is different and agree on the no bail out.

However I just think the status quo isn’t right. As a complete outsider those clubs are all travelling well and are the obvious choices.

Sandgate you would think 100% would, they have been one of the better clubs for many years and attract a good crowd every game. They have a Friday night team as-well where as Alex Hills don’t and also believe Redcliffe have one as-well but Sandgate now winning in the seniors, it just would make sense unless they don’t want you but I assume they do

Sandgate you would think 100% would, they have been one of the better clubs for many years and attract a good crowd every game. They have a Friday night team as-well where as Alex Hills don’t and also believe Redcliffe have one as-well but Sandgate now winning in the seniors, it just would make sense unless they don’t want you but I assume they do

Many years they were out completely in 2020 and had no senior men at all. Almost went bankrupt.
So in fact only back in for a short time.
They have had great growth over the last couple of years due to the work done by past players and a core group of volunteers.
Yes they do have good crowd support but yet to see any of them do the training and play.
But they do add to the culture created and that's important.
On the other hand Alex has been more consistent than anyone in this comp and I believe they are reluctant to make the jump.
Redcliffe have top quality facilities but does that give them a leg up.
Been up and about for a while but I'd say they are out as well.
I'm sure we can keep speculating but unless you're right there in the conversation it's all just banter.
You would have to think no decisions would be made by any club until they have a close look at the list in February.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a while since I popped in here. Just spent the last hour and a bit scouring through this years conversations. I’m surprised no one had any of the info on Gympie back at the start of the year. They lost a good amount of players who went back to Pomona who got back on their feet and played in the wide bay comp this year. Think for Gympie to be able to last the year no forfeits and win 2 games is pretty impressive.

Been a while since I popped in here. Just spent the last hour and a bit scouring through this years conversations. I’m surprised no one had any of the info on Gympie back at the start of the year. They lost a good amount of players who went back to Pomona who got back on their feet and played in the wide bay comp this year. Think for Gympie to be able to last the year no forfeits and win 2 games is pretty impressive.
its good that they have been able to get every game in this season. no one wants to see forfeits. says a lot for the Div2 community who have helped Gympie with fill-in players throughout the season.

So AT LEAST one team has to come up from div 2 north. A few people on here complaining about the negatives of going up for those teams that did not perform well in their first year. Beenleigh made the GF in 2022, Hinterland knocked out the reigning premiers Springwood in an elimination final this year. Moreton Bay made finals last year.

Every team bar Wynnum in the last 5-6 years that has come up from div 2 has done ok in their first year or 2. So, which teams come up and why. Having 12 teams in a single comp when there is only 7 in div 1 is ridiculous.

So AT LEAST one team has to come up from div 2 north. A few people on here complaining about the negatives of going up for those teams that did not perform well in their first year. Beenleigh made the GF in 2022, Hinterland knocked out the reigning premiers Springwood in an elimination final this year. Moreton Bay made finals last year.

Every team bar Wynnum in the last 5-6 years that has come up from div 2 has done ok in their first year or 2. So, which teams come up and why. Having 12 teams in a single comp when there is only 7 in div 1 is ridiculous.
Moreton haven't made finals since going to div 1. Missed out first year by about .06%

Moreton haven't made finals since going to div 1. Missed out first year by about .06%
Fair enough. But that still adds to my point. Just missed out of finals in their first year and had 5 wins tied with 2 other teams (one of them being Hinterland who made finals) and their ressies made finals last year as well.

It would be great for teams like Sandgate to return to higher levels they once played in and Alex Hills to move away from being a lower division club that they’ve been for so many years and make a name for themselves in div 1. Both teams have the depth and clearly have worked hard off field as well. I think it would be great for them to make the jump. However it comes down to the committee and the players whether they want to make the jump to div 1.

Fair enough. But that still adds to my point. Just missed out of finals in their first year and had 5 wins tied with 2 other teams (one of them being Hinterland who made finals) and their ressies made finals last year as well.

It would be great for teams like Sandgate to return to higher levels they once played in and Alex Hills to move away from being a lower division club that they’ve been for so many years and make a name for themselves in div 1. Both teams have the depth and clearly have worked hard off field as well. I think it would be great for them to make the jump. However it comes down to the committee and the players whether they want to make the jump to div 1.
Maybe clubs just don’t find Div 1 that attractive BP as no one knocking the door down to go up. Pretty good even competition Div 2 North with some handy rivalries building.

Div 1 could be a mess if Beenleigh drop back. Not sure what the answer is as Mayne look like they building a nice dynasty that will be tough to crack for a while now Coorparoo gone and Springwood list ageing a little. Means UQ probably the next challenger.

Close comp? Pluhease

Top teams get pushed maybe 3 or 4 times in the home and away season. The rest is complete garbage. Show some agates and step up
You might be a bit off here.
I'd say about 5 teams close to level pegging and always great games.
Three just below
The rest is a bit behind.
That's 8 teams who Play each other and few twice.
Doesn't take much to climb or fall each year. A couple of players either way changes a lot.
If it was an 8 team comp it would be one of the closest in the lower divisions.
Judging it on the very bottom
teams puts it out of whack.
I agree the Div 1 comp needs more teams but in reality what is the appeal.
If you don't have your eyes set on qafl then the rest is still community footy.
If you're players are happy and the club is not going broke your going ok.
So other than ego what's the real advantage to a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back