QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Kedron have withdrawn from the 4th grade north competition leaving just 6 teams. Sandgate, UQ, Ferny Grove, Glasshouse, Bribie and Caloundra.

I think the AFLQ are going to have some very frustrated teams on their hands. 2 1/2 - 3 hours travel on the highway every few games is going to go down like a lead balloon.

Apparently Kedron have withdrawn from the 4th grade north competition leaving just 6 teams. Sandgate, UQ, Ferny Grove, Glasshouse, Bribie and Caloundra.

I think the AFLQ are going to have some very frustrated teams on their hands. 2 1/2 - 3 hours travel on the highway every few games is going to go down like a lead balloon.
No apparently about it.
A decision was made from the committee even though they had the numbers. Hasn't gone down well.

This hasn't aged well regarding redcliffe numbers then. Dodgy tip!
Pretty sure this was in response to Redcliffe struggling to field 2 sides, not 3 champ. But yes, we are short of the number we believe is required to sustainably put a 3rd side on the park each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just too hard to support with bodies outa??
No mate we had more than enough. In fact we had a quality side that was going to have a real opportunity to go all the way. I know this because I put it together.
Club decision that has baffled myself and the players.
But one clubs loss is another clubs gain.

Sounding fairly disgruntled here Bucky
Let's just say the club I'm a life member of has run its course.
I'll be moving on with the lads that showed me loyalty. Wouldn't say disgruntled more like very dissaipointed for the lads I have given so much time. Players are the most important asset of any club. New places create new friends and opportunity for everyone.
Good luck to the kedron boys in the upcoming season.

Honestly I think you need upwards of 90 to sustainably field 3 sides. Something I've spoken to people at Kedron previously.

Its a massive call to put your hand up for a 3rd team and reality is only a few have been successful over a long period. Disappointing that Fri night divisions have to wait for an official draw, but surely you'd prefer to wait rather than have multiple changes, or worse, forfeits during the season.

When nominating in November it might seem achievable but unfortunately clubs won't know until they hit this time of year.

Apologies and best of luck to all teams this season.

Pretty sure this was in response to Redcliffe struggling to field 2 sides, not 3 champ. But yes, we are short of the number we believe is required to sustainably put a 3rd side on the park each week.

Correct Pugs that’s exactly it. Plenty for 2 teams but not enough for 3

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back