QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Woodies played Coorparoo last night. They'll be fine with the step up to Div 3, got some handy players.

Woodies won by less than a kick with a goal in the final minute. Only 5 guys from the Premiership team were playing, but some good ins that will be best 22 by end of year.

Pretty reasonable standard for first and only practice game.
How do you think the chooks will cope with the level Thommo?

Caloundra had there only hit out against North Shore on Saturday, fantastic contest by both sides with North shore getting up by 2 points in the end.

Absolutely wrapped with the effort from our group, we’ve only managed to train twice as a group and that was the last two weeks and was a first hit out, plenty to work on but plenty to like.

Thanks to Ash and the Northshore boys for a great first run, no doubt they are in for another good year.

Woodies played Coorparoo last night. They'll be fine with the step up to Div 3, got some handy players.

Woodies won by less than a kick with a goal in the final minute. Only 5 guys from the Premiership team were playing, but some good ins that will be best 22 by end of year.

Pretty reasonable standard for first and only practice game.
Sounds like the build up you have every year. Works well so why change it.

Ventured out to watch Springfield v Pine Rivers at the pond on Saturday. Good game with thw swans just getting over the line but springfield will surprise a few this year. Only 2 negatives I noticed was no numbers on their jerseys and they have a red head that was too concerned in elbowing and pushing blokes away from the footy rather then getting the footy or working for team mates. I have a feeling I have seen him doing the same poor behaviour in Saturday reserves footy the last few years. Looks to be a few smart heads at the club some hopefully they pull him into line. Would rather play with 21 then give that bloke a spot as is.

Ventured out to watch Springfield v Pine Rivers at the pond on Saturday. Good game with thw swans just getting over the line but springfield will surprise a few this year. Only 2 negatives I noticed was no numbers on their jerseys and they have a red head that was too concerned in elbowing and pushing blokes away from the footy rather then getting the footy or working for team mates. I have a feeling I have seen him doing the same poor behaviour in Saturday reserves footy the last few years. Looks to be a few smart heads at the club some hopefully they pull him into line. Would rather play with 21 then give that bloke a spot as is.
Hi Macca,

We played in those jumpers as we're unveiling a new club jumper for 2023 and beyond and are saving this for round 1.

The boys played great, having a pretty dominant first half, we begun experimenting the second half and giving some developing guys a longer run due to having an extended bench. Very happy with where we sit currently for a first year club.

As to your comments about a red head, we love how he goes about his footy and will be working positively with him on composure and how carries himself on field, that is what good clubs actually do ;)

Glad to see you still have a hard on for us for what ever reason ?, just make sure you spend some money at the bar ay :beercheers:

Leading into Round 1 next week who are the big threats in each Division? I’d say Caloundra in Div 4 North is one!!

Leading into Round 1 next week who are the big threats in each Division? I’d say Caloundra in Div 4 North is one!!
Cooparoo would have to be around the mark too.

I heard the Ipswich Eagles had 100 point win against a Div 3 opponent too so they would have to be dangerous in Div 4

Caloundra will belt everyone in their Div 4 comp imo
Presume you mean Div 4 North SMY??

With North Shore, Aspley, Marcellin & Pine Rivers promoted to Div 3 North with Maroochydore, Mayne & Zillmere you could be right but expect Sandgate, Bribie & UQ to be competitive at the very least.

Don't forget Labrador, Mt Gravatt, Redlands & the recalibrating Ipswich Eagles all in a strong 10 team Div 4 South comp. Plus good reports about Springfield.

Div 3 South looks like the perrenial finalists Sherwood, Morningside & Jimboomba to be challenged by a well recruited Collingwood Park and also by the promoted Pac Pines & Coorparoo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An assumption that blokes will want to play Saturday if asked. Caloundra got plenty and with no qfa colts has helped a little too for numbers all round
Numbers not an issue for Caloundra, I believe 12 blokes possibly more missed out on reserves the first two rounds. We currently have 35-40 blokes available for Friday nights, that doesn’t include any of those reserve players missing out.

Best position I’ve seen Caloundra in numbers wise for a long time, agree the no colts has certainly aided that.

Keen to get into the real stuff next week though.

Numbers not an issue for Caloundra, I believe 12 blokes possibly more missed out on reserves the first two rounds. We currently have 35-40 blokes available for Friday nights, that doesn’t include any of those reserve players missing out.

Best position I’ve seen Caloundra in numbers wise for a long time, agree the no colts has certainly aided that.

Keen to get into the real stuff next week though.
Maybe you could do 2 Friday night teams??

After all the talk we finally get to kick a ball in anger this week!

You'd expect Coops and Pac Pines to hold their own in Div 3

Looks like a cracker first up at Fishermans Road!

And what level will Moorooka and Ipswich find?

After all the talk we finally get to kick a ball in anger this week!

You'd expect Coops and Pac Pines to hold their own in Div 3

Looks like a cracker first up at Fishermans Road!

And what level will Moorooka and Ipswich find?
Who is everyone tippinig this week? I will go first:
Div 3 South
Sherwood by 3
Morningside by 12
Coorparoo by 9
Moorooka by 7

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back