QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Judging by Monday Nights Div 1-3 Presidents Meeting there are a few Clubs definitely thinking it is mate.

Hearing from a few Club Presidents there was a number of Clubs slamming them and wanted harsh penalties handed to them like playing in Div 4 for no points and not playing finals etc.

Few Clubs got very short memories when they have been in trouble in recent times.

Pretty ordinary form by a few clubs from what our representative said.

Pathetic.

Any more preseason action to get excited about or is it just lock it down until round 1 from here on out?

We (collingwood Park) play our first/only trail game this Friday against the cats. A shame we couldn’t get a few more in but excited to get the year under way.

we'll be coming in hot for Round 1. 4 training sessions and no practice games, with several blokes who have never played before!

That’s pretty standard procedure for you guys though isn’t it thommo? You always come good at the right time of year. The addition of another heavy weight team will be interesting to say the least.

Had a great hitout last night with the Ipswich cats. They have improved out of sight since we last played them a few years ago. Game played in good spirit with all the lads staying back for a beer and bbq after the game. Wish them nothing but the best for 2019.

Maroochydore have half a dozen Saturday games, is the reason for this to do with the travel and Friday evening traffic?
Asking for a friend

Maroochydore have half a dozen Saturday games, is the reason for this to do with the travel and Friday evening traffic?
Asking for a friend

I would assume so. Coming from our club we are playing them twice at a neutral venue because for them to make it down to Redbank is tough and we are unable to make a Saturday trip with a lot of the guys working Saturdays. Can’t speak on behalf of other clubs but I can’t imagine a Friday afternoon trip to jimboomba is feasible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume so. Coming from our club we are playing them twice at a neutral venue because for them to make it down to Redbank is tough and we are unable to make a Saturday trip with a lot of the guys working Saturdays. Can’t speak on behalf of other clubs but I can’t imagine a Friday afternoon trip to jimboomba is feasible.

I see Park Ridge, Jimboomba playing Maroochydore on Saturday's up there but return games are still Friday nights down here?

pretty big advantage for them to play at home on Saturdays and essentially meet sides at half strength all season, so its good the neautral venue is explored instead.

they earnt the right to host, so why shouldn't they?

We played them on Saturday last year with half our side unavailable, we hit bad traffic and they agreed to delay the start of the game, which was generous of them. Probably one of the better wins we've had in a long time.

didn't help when they thumped us in the GF though.

Good to be back!! Just to clarify, only 4 devils to the Vultures so we didn’t take a full side over. Plenty of Mt Gravatt old boys and some young blokes learning the game! Shame we don’t start for a few weeks!! Good luck to all tonight!

Pirates definitely no certainties in Div 4. Watching game with Jimboomba boys and think a few teams can match them.

UQ took it up to them early but few of Pirates better players just got control.

But must say was great atmosphere with music and beer was cold.

Pirates definitely no certainties in Div 4. Watching game with Jimboomba boys and think a few teams can match them.

UQ took it up to them early but few of Pirates better players just got control.

But must say was great atmosphere with music and beer was cold.
Pirates know how to put on a show, beer iced cold. I’m calling it now, when the whips are cracking no team will get close

Pirates know how to put on a show, beer iced cold. I’m calling it now, when the whips are cracking no team will get close

Would have to agree. I’ve played footy with a few of the boys on that list and they are quality without doubt. I rate jacob guise very highly as one of the better players in this comp and a number of the park ridge boys are on the same level. Not sure where they will play him but Aden Rutledge was a highly quality forward and would be my tip to take the goal kicking.

Would have to agree. I’ve played footy with a few of the boys on that list and they are quality without doubt. I rate jacob guise very highly as one of the better players in this comp and a number of the park ridge boys are on the same level. Not sure where they will play him but Aden Rutledge was a highly quality forward and would be my tip to take the goal kicking.
Guises is at Jimboomba, Gussy the ideal match up come round 3

Guises is at Jimboomba, Gussy the ideal match up come round 3

I understand he’s at jimboomba. Just pointing out that I rate him super highly for this comp and that park ridge have a few guys who I no are of the same quality. Every team has a gun or two but multiple threats are hard to keep quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back