QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

If the pirates are fair dinkum and have the interests of their players development at heart, good players under 25 would be encouraged to go to Mt Gravatt and the Magpies.

I know Greene and Colenso have already gone to Morningside, but they have a few other handy types.

I think Greene is at Sherwood and Colenso and AJ Stewart are at Morningside but Thommo would probably confirm that.

I know speaking to a few blokes at PR they are always pushing their kids up to higher levels like they have from last year by the looks.

I think they were trying to do that with left over players as well but the rules if a player plays seniors at a higher level he can't come back to Friday night. I understand why that rule is in place so clubs don't load up on bye weekend with better players from other clubs.

But that means you asking players young and old to leave their original clubs if they played one game up to help a club out.

It's a stupid rule and always has been.

I've asked for it to be relaxed several times, usually with a pretty good case and always get knocked back 'because they would like to maintain the integrity of the Div 4 competition'

Nekminnit we have the Div 2 Premiers playing in our competition. Integrity of competition out the window!

Passfield, Kassaulke, Cherry, Raabe just some of the big names listed on sportspulse for the Wynnum game. Can see why people are pissed off - those are some names that could/should be playing Div 1/QAFL footy.

Passfield, Kassaulke, Cherry, Raabe just some of the big names listed on sportspulse for the Wynnum game. Can see why people are pissed off - those are some names that could/should be playing Div 1/QAFL footy.

Add Tommy Overington, The Rutlidge brothers who all two years ago were playing QAFL.. Cester is a good player as well... it’s really going to make the comp a lot less enjoyable, the last 3 seasons has been a really close and consistent comp with all sides competitive most weeks.

I think Jimboomba no different as they have Guissey, Martin, Tomlinson, Dillon etc that have all played higher level of footy and recently played Div 2 who are all playing Div 4?

To be fair though I think that was their original club no different to most of the players you mentioned Black Gun they have been with Pirates since they started seniors?

Add Tommy Overington, The Rutlidge brothers who all two years ago were playing QAFL.. Cester is a good player as well... it’s really going to make the comp a lot less enjoyable, the last 3 seasons has been a really close and consistent comp with all sides competitive most weeks.

No good for anyone Longy, but think AFLQ could have been a little more compassionate. Spoke to someone yesterday who said both PR and Yeronga did ask if they could stay in their respective divisions with seniors only. I think a bye just in reserve grade for both Div 1&2 might have been a better outcome than 2 x 9 Team Competitions and a lopsided Div 4 competition.

Seems very narrow minded decisions by head quarters without consultation of effected clubs.

I think Jimboomba no different as they have Guissey, Martin, Tomlinson, Dillon etc that have all played higher level of footy and recently played Div 2 who are all playing Div 4?

To be fair though I think that was their original club no different to most of the players you mentioned Black Gun they have been with Pirates since they started seniors?

We have had plenty of guys at Zillmere with QAFL, NEAFL or even Ex AFL level players. Most of these blokes have always been 29 or over and without the ability to commit to training ect at the higher levels, or just want a more casual environment. Most div 4 sides bottom 8-10 players are going to be no where near the levels of div 2 teams bottom 8-10. Depth is everything in div 4 and the teams from the higher comps will naturally have this over the rest. And it’s fair to say the fitness levels of blokes coming out of div 2 will be a pretty big factor playing 20 mins with no time on.

Apart from Guise the rest you mentioned wouldn't stack up to PR's high end players. I know its their original club, but doesnt change the fact they are way too good for this level for footy.

Dillon is probably the only one of those capable of playing QAFL Seniors. Guise would be a solid 2's player at QAFL level.

Sure, Guise will dominate at Div 4 level, but the style of footy at that level means that good inside midfielders will always dominate and your creative outside players won't look as good they are, because its such scrappy footy.

Pirates have 3 or 4 that could still play QAFL senior footy, but its not the big guns that create problems. Its the blokes from 14-22 in their best 22 who will absolutely destroy the mixed bag of 35+ year olds hanging on for dear life (Tommo, Longy etc) and 20 year olds who have found their level.

Thats where the damage gets done. Every top club has 2 or 3 jets at this level, but only one is strong down to #22.

How was it PR fielded a 2's team in a practice match V Wynnum on the weekend?

5 under 16’s (including a kid turning 15, mind you kicked goal of the day) 3 from outside of park ridge altogether (woodsmen/Morningside masters) 3 ex players that it will likely be their only game of the year and 6 players that doubled up. Wynnum also lent us 2 in the ressies and we played 16 vs 16 in the first game

Dillon is probably the only one of those capable of playing QAFL Seniors. Guise would be a solid 2's player at QAFL level.

Sure, Guise will dominate at Div 4 level, but the style of footy at that level means that good inside midfielders will always dominate and your creative outside players won't look as good they are, because its such scrappy footy.

Pirates have 3 or 4 that could still play QAFL senior footy, but its not the big guns that create problems. Its the blokes from 14-22 in their best 22 who will absolutely destroy the mixed bag of 35+ year olds hanging on for dear life (Tommo, Longy etc) and 20 year olds who have found their level.

Thats where the damage gets done. Every top club has 2 or 3 jets at this level, but only one is strong down to #22.

Thanks for re capping pretty much exactly what I said and then hurting my feelings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone go out and watch them play? Surely they will not be unbeatable.?

Don't think they are unbeatable as I think Maroochydore, Jimboomba and Woodies will give them a run for their money.

But I do know playing group is solid and filthy on League, so they are pretty determined to stick it to Headquarters by showing what decision they made was ordinary. If that's enough for them to win flag only time will tell I suppose.

Any news on how Uni are travelling with their Div 4 side? I heard they were light on with numbers?

Gee fan great coach speak early in that post but have to agree

I agree with what you are saying Fan but not sure what else PR could do mate. Spoke to Blocker last night at a Juniors Meeting and he is still not happy about the whole scenario the way it has played out.

Think It will all settle down hopefully once we start playing some footy.

Bahahhahaha Why isn’t Dillon still playing QAFL than? I heard that he is the turnover king, best kick on the ground for the other team they play,

Guise could slot into a QAFL senior side if there was a role for him to play,

Pirates have lost a decent amount of players I don’t think they win every week by how much everyone thinks they will, that’s if they win every week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with what you are saying Fan but not sure what else PR could do mate. Spoke to Blocker last night at a Juniors Meeting and he is still not happy about the whole scenario the way it has played out.

Think It will all settle down hopefully once we start playing some footy.

Not the Pirates fault, nobody suggesting it is.

Not the Pirates fault, nobody suggesting it is.

Judging by Monday Nights Div 1-3 Presidents Meeting there are a few Clubs definitely thinking it is mate.

Hearing from a few Club Presidents there was a number of Clubs slamming them and wanted harsh penalties handed to them like playing in Div 4 for no points and not playing finals etc.

Few Clubs got very short memories when they have been in trouble in recent times.

Pretty ordinary form by a few clubs from what our representative said.

Judging by Monday Nights Div 1-3 Presidents Meeting there are a few Clubs definitely thinking it is mate.

Hearing from a few Club Presidents there was a number of Clubs slamming them and wanted harsh penalties handed to them like playing in Div 4 for no points and not playing finals etc.

Few Clubs got very short memories when they have been in trouble in recent times.

Pretty ordinary form by a few clubs from what our representative said.

Everyone loves to sink the boot in when you're down. Pretty ordinary when we crap on about the spirit of footy etc

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back