QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so tips for the upcoming round.

Ferny to beat Glasshouse by 6 goals.

UQ to beat Kedron by 14 points

North Shore to win by a whole heap.

And in what is a tough one to pick, I am backing in Aspley just to get over Bribie with a goal in it.

Hi All,

Just want to introduce myself first, I'm Luke and have been the President at Greater Springfield since 2014.

In 2023 we intend to enter a Seniors team in Div 4 and begin our Senior footy journey as a club.

A Seniors team did exist for a single year before my Presidency, it wasnt successful and we worked to pay down the mountain of debt it left us in. Therefor I am not interested in the past and ask the Big Footy community to move past this also as the future is extremely bright.

We currently have around 170 juniors with a few youth Grand Finals last year and a recent move into a multi field complex that provides a good foundation. I’m sure most are aware the Brisbane Lions new stadium and training facility will complete construction by years end to which we are located a 2 min drive from. With this comes some great community football training benefits afforded to us in the future, with the potential relocation and use of the adjacent oval.

The club currently has an EOI for a Senior & Asst. coaching roles and I hope to lean on the Big Footy community to get the word out to any potential candidates. We believe this is a great opportunity to build a senior program from scratch and work with a club that aspires to elevate its senior program as we progress.

Thanks all, coaching EOI below

Reporting to the Executive Committee, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and communication qualities in the development and progression of a new playing group.

Key coaching objectives include:

• Development of a football strategy and deployment in support of the Clubs potential growth.

• A leading role in player retention, player recruitment and skills development

• Relationship management with internal and external club stakeholders

• Assist in establishing a list and application details to AFLQ for 2023.

• Promote a culture of inclusiveness, family and support for each other and club members.

• Enforce a strict behavioural code for player management.

The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:

• The desire and drive for personal and team success, with a focus to lead the Club into higher divisions.

• Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership and communication in driving the culture of the players, support staff and the Club generally

• Knowledge and experience as a coach in the development of game plans, training techniques and player skills to support objectives

• Ability to identify and recruit new players and officials to the Club, including support staff as required

• AFL Level 2 coaching accreditation or preparedness to complete

• An outgoing personality, engaging with members, sponsors and local media to promote the Club and it’s brand.

Applications clearly setting out appropriate qualifications and experience should be submitted to president@gssports.com.au by 31st July 2022.

79137270_2290176067754262_354129420878872576_n.jpg 79917166_2290176471087555_4898444470632054784_n.jpg 78789704_2290176261087576_5546123734982590464_n.jpg 79414462_2290176134420922_8032189559120855040_n.jpg 78858552_2290176577754211_7474629991519485952_n.jpg

Hi All,

Just want to introduce myself first, I'm Luke and have been the President at Greater Springfield since 2014.

In 2023 we intend to enter a Seniors team in Div 4 and begin our Senior footy journey as a club.

A Seniors team did exist for a single year before my Presidency, it wasnt successful and we worked to pay down the mountain of debt it left us in. Therefor I am not interested in the past and ask the Big Footy community to move past this also as the future is extremely bright.

We currently have around 170 juniors with a few youth Grand Finals last year and a recent move into a multi field complex that provides a good foundation. I’m sure most are aware the Brisbane Lions new stadium and training facility will complete construction by years end to which we are located a 2 min drive from. With this comes some great community football training benefits afforded to us in the future, with the potential relocation and use of the adjacent oval.

The club currently has an EOI for a Senior & Asst. coaching roles and I hope to lean on the Big Footy community to get the word out to any potential candidates. We believe this is a great opportunity to build a senior program from scratch and work with a club that aspires to elevate its senior program as we progress.

Thanks all, coaching EOI below

Reporting to the Executive Committee, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and communication qualities in the development and progression of a new playing group.

Key coaching objectives include:

• Development of a football strategy and deployment in support of the Clubs potential growth.

• A leading role in player retention, player recruitment and skills development

• Relationship management with internal and external club stakeholders

• Assist in establishing a list and application details to AFLQ for 2023.

• Promote a culture of inclusiveness, family and support for each other and club members.

• Enforce a strict behavioural code for player management.

The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:

• The desire and drive for personal and team success, with a focus to lead the Club into higher divisions.

• Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership and communication in driving the culture of the players, support staff and the Club generally

• Knowledge and experience as a coach in the development of game plans, training techniques and player skills to support objectives

• Ability to identify and recruit new players and officials to the Club, including support staff as required

• AFL Level 2 coaching accreditation or preparedness to complete

• An outgoing personality, engaging with members, sponsors and local media to promote the Club and it’s brand.

Applications clearly setting out appropriate qualifications and experience should be submitted to president@gssports.com.au by 31st July 2022.

View attachment 1415280View attachment 1415281View attachment 1415283View attachment 1415284View attachment 1415285

You can also advertise on the aflq website. Coaching | AFL Queensland

Div 4 sth top 4 hotting. Up
Cooparoo v Pac Pines was a great game to watch
Top spot still up for grabs
Only 2 points between Cooparoo and Pac Pines and Labrador and Mt Gravatt one game behind them
top 4 set but places in top 4 will be up for grabs
Great win by Pac Pines who have beaten both Labrador and Cooparoo and have Mt Gravatt next week should be a good game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morningside's Div 3 team is an embodiment of that club and everything they stand for and how the club goes about it. Hilarious!

Think a large element of sarcasm there SGI from Miller - some seriously good past players in that side but I'm not sure that's the fault of the football club. Are they meant to do an ability test Miller and if you over achieve you can't play? I know maroochydore have a young guy in the side who played NEAFL footy for a while with the Lions 2's in Stevenson - he's a medical student and just wanted to play socially on a Friday night. Thats fair imo.

it would have alot of teams on it, but hard to say because wouldn't have even had time for everyone to play each other...

Pine Rivers, finding some serious form back half of this season. Might upset a few teams in the finals if they make it. South comp top 4 also very very tight. What’s everyone’s predictions from here?

Still think only Aspley within 10 goals of Northshore.

Northshore will have their first test of the season vs. Coorparoo in the GF

What is format for finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back