QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Was showing in PlayHQ as 7.30 Saturday night, has now been changed.

Yes definitely a stretch for umpires this week. Can't imagine Div 4 game would be 'taking away' umpires from any of the others, and neither should it.

Gee wizz but tough on Ferny to lose by a point with the other club playing 4 permits from somewhere else !
Looks like all 4 permits from Coorparoo who have big numbers. They gave Brisbane Valley a few recently just to get the game going and also just give guys a game as opposed to sit out. From that perspective its good for footy. It also adds to the dilemma of what happens at the Kings next year with no QFA Colts.

There needs to be a new club in the east to cater for all the numbers of clubs like coop are capped at 3 sides.

Literally no clubs nearby for overflow players other than morningside and they dont need any

Thats a reasonable point. Not many footy clubs on that side of town, which is why Coorparoo and Morningside are so big.

There is a huge gap in the market for a club around Carina, Carindale, Tingalpa areas given the footy market out that way is captured by 2 clubs and almost nobody else until you get to Wynnum.

The south, West and northside 'markets' are far more expansive, with clubs everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pac Pines absolute rolling teams in the recent weeks, who is stronger them or Coorparoo?
wouldn't read too much into that, this time of the year for teams traveling and not contending becomes really hard, Coorparoo are a really really good side but so are Labrador and Mt Gravatt this comp at the top is fantastic its a shame we wont get to see a grand final from within :(

i did have the opportunity to head up to North Shores on Saturday, Blowing a Gale in the first away from the club end and Jets took the opportunities when they popped up.

Dan Ryan #3 is a Jet for the Jets, Small/Medium Mid/FWD was in everything i was super impressed with his awarenss and stoppage positioning, but even more so with what he did once he got it, anyone know much about him? the young fella with the long blonde hair is exciting to watch as well, lightly framed but didn't stop him winning his own footy, Jets looked to have a lot of the same warriors from last Season, the big Fella #11 in the Ruck, #23 Jordy Still moves well and is smart around the big sticks kicked a ripping goal right in front of me sitting solo in the aluminium grand stand in the pissing rain, Frankie #18 is as reliable set shot in those conditions I've seen, weather its a regular thing or a one off he was very handy, Zac Aumann who like last year just set them up early, No Miocheck though, great little set up they have there at the multi complex, we didn't see it last year as we played them at Maroochydore oval 2, cars parked around the ground a little wood fire pizza van, cheap beers old school scoreboard, and plenty of spectators. good day minus the conditions at times.

i did hear one of the dads ask what happened last week? he said Jets had 6 that he knew of away at splendour. was not making an excuse by any stretch just what i over heard.

Aspley whilst i don't for a second think they don't deserve to be second, i can only assume they had a fair few out, they didn't get near it. and when they did it was a kick straight back to the Jets wall. I went to take notes on both clubs and left with half a book on Jets and not much to tell on the hornets, this is not me having a pot at them just i couldn't get any kind of gauge on them or their style etc. i guess you could put it down to Jets restricting their influences.

Given Northshore also had a convincing win away at Aspley earlier in the year, I think it says more about how far ahead of this comp their best 22 are.

I'd be interested at season's end to see how many of those players mentioned are taking votes off each other. Just looks like they are very hard to score against at home

Be great to see some night games at Mudjimba, over they years I'm quite sure I've seen a number of different sports played at night on the other fields (Soccer and baseball). Can only assume the lights aren't up to night games on the AFL oval? Wonder if they are restricted by being next to the runway with where they can put masts up?

Looks like some improvement in Glasshouse towards the back end of the year too (and/or opponents dropping off a bit). This coming week might be their best chance at that W

How many from North/South make finals?

Given Northshore also had a convincing win away at Aspley earlier in the year, I think it says more about how far ahead of this comp their best 22 are.

I'd be interested at season's end to see how many of those players mentioned are taking votes off each other. Just looks like they are very hard to score against at home

Be great to see some night games at Mudjimba, over they years I'm quite sure I've seen a number of different sports played at night on the other fields (Soccer and baseball). Can only assume the lights aren't up to night games on the AFL oval? Wonder if they are restricted by being next to the runway with where they can put masts up?

Looks like some improvement in Glasshouse towards the back end of the year too (and/or opponents dropping off a bit). This coming week might be their best chance at that W

if you are asking about how many for this division? its 1 from each in a grand final that's it.

north play a top 4 as do south and the winners of that 3 week finals play off in a grand final.

i could be mistaken but i don't recall seeing lights at all on the Main AFL ground.

You might be right about the lights, my memory isn't great.

What's the finals system for the first 3 weeks? Real shame that 'preliminary final' can't just be the grand final for each division. Winners can play-off in preseason or something next year

What's the finals system for the first 3 weeks? Real shame that 'preliminary final' can't just be the grand final for each division. Winners can play-off in preseason or something next year
1 V 2 ( WINNER GETS A WEEK OF) LOOSER PLAYS WINNER OF BELOW

3 V 4 (WINNER PLAYS LOOSER OF ABOVE) LOOSER ELIMINATED

LOOSER OF 1 V WINNER OF 2 PLAYS ( WINNER PLAYS WINNER OF WEEK 1)

ULTIMATE WINNER TO PLAY SAME WINNER FROM NORTH

Shoot sorry just noticed Caps and cant be bothered retyping.

if you are asking about how many for this division? its 1 from each in a grand final that's it.

north play a top 4 as do south and the winners of that 3 week finals play off in a grand final.

i could be mistaken but i don't recall seeing lights at all on the Main AFL

North Shore new lighting hopefully happening early in the new year also facilities upgrade penciled in for next season sometime.

1 V 2 ( WINNER GETS A WEEK OF) LOOSER PLAYS WINNER OF BELOW

3 V 4 (WINNER PLAYS LOOSER OF ABOVE) LOOSER ELIMINATED

LOOSER OF 1 V WINNER OF 2 PLAYS ( WINNER PLAYS WINNER OF WEEK 1)

ULTIMATE WINNER TO PLAY SAME WINNER FROM NORTH

Shoot sorry just noticed Caps and cant be bothered retyping.

I read that as,

2 games the first week
1 game the second week
1 game the third week?

And then whoever wins that third week plays the 'Grand Final' the next week against the other div

wouldn't read too much into that, this time of the year for teams traveling and not contending becomes really hard, Coorparoo are a really really good side but so are Labrador and Mt Gravatt this comp at the top is fantastic its a shame we wont get to see a grand final from within :(

i did have the opportunity to head up to North Shores on Saturday, Blowing a Gale in the first away from the club end and Jets took the opportunities when they popped up.

Dan Ryan #3 is a Jet for the Jets, Small/Medium Mid/FWD was in everything i was super impressed with his awarenss and stoppage positioning, but even more so with what he did once he got it, anyone know much about him? the young fella with the long blonde hair is exciting to watch as well, lightly framed but didn't stop him winning his own footy, Jets looked to have a lot of the same warriors from last Season, the big Fella #11 in the Ruck, #23 Jordy Still moves well and is smart around the big sticks kicked a ripping goal right in front of me sitting solo in the aluminium grand stand in the pissing rain, Frankie #18 is as reliable set shot in those conditions I've seen, weather its a regular thing or a one off he was very handy, Zac Aumann who like last year just set them up early, No Miocheck though, great little set up they have there at the multi complex, we didn't see it last year as we played them at Maroochydore oval 2, cars parked around the ground a little wood fire pizza van, cheap beers old school scoreboard, and plenty of spectators. good day minus the conditions at times.

i did hear one of the dads ask what happened last week? he said Jets had 6 that he knew of away at splendour. was not making an excuse by any stretch just what i over heard.

Aspley whilst i don't for a second think they don't deserve to be second, i can only assume they had a fair few out, they didn't get near it. and when they did it was a kick straight back to the Jets wall. I went to take notes on both clubs and left with half a book on Jets and not much to tell on the hornets, this is not me having a pot at them just i couldn't get any kind of gauge on them or their style etc. i guess you could put it down to Jets restricting their influences.
Aspley missing 10.
Had to ring in a few that haven't played footy in 5+ years but live on the coast now.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back