QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. I’ll then ask you the question. Why can players move up and down from seniors to ressies and vice versa on a Saturday with near no restrictions, but doing so on a Friday team so abhorrent?
because on a Saturday you are playing in a competition that has seniors and reserves, Friday night, last time I checked, they were 2 different comps called north and south. It's not for a footy club to decide which is more or less important to them and therefore make one comp more or less legitimate (in their own opinion).
The obvious issue would always be as well that if say for example the south comp had a couple of cracking sides in it that Coops had no chance of knocking over but saw the north comp as much slimmer pickings - which they only realised 6 -7 games in. Suddenly they do a 180' because the holy grail of winning a div 3 premiership can be realised and stack the north side because you are allowed to shift players left and right. Nah not for me. Pick a comp you want to play in and stick to it. And be made to stick to it.

because on a Saturday you are playing in a competition that has seniors and reserves, Friday night, last time I checked, they were 2 different comps called north and south. It's not for a footy club to decide which is more or less important to them and therefore make one comp more or less legitimate (in their own opinion).
The obvious issue would always be as well that if say for example the south comp had a couple of cracking sides in it that Coops had no chance of knocking over but saw the north comp as much slimmer pickings - which they only realised 6 -7 games in. Suddenly they do a 180' because the holy grail of winning a div 3 premiership can be realised and stack the north side because you are allowed to shift players left and right. Nah not for me. Pick a comp you want to play in and stick to it. And be made to stick to it.
Yeah totally agree SMY.If that’s the mindset then absolute garbage!

Agree SMY,

But now that more clubs will most likely have two teams in the Friday space next year. What are the requirements?

Do they have a restricted list like they do in the juniors with two teams? With the original team being the ‘seniors’ and allocate 15 or so blokes that can’t ‘drop’ or move to the other team. And what’s the requirement in players moving from the second side to the main side?

Have to wait and see I guess. But can’t have blokes just moving up and down willy nilly.

Agree SMY,

But now that more clubs will most likely have two teams in the Friday space next year. What are the requirements?

Do they have a restricted list like they do in the juniors with two teams? With the original team being the ‘seniors’ and allocate 15 or so blokes that can’t ‘drop’ or move to the other team. And what’s the requirement in players moving from the second side to the main side?

Have to wait and see I guess. But can’t have blokes just moving up and down willy nilly.
I think you’re over analysing it. The clubs that want to do it are prepping for Saturday’s in 2026. You’d assume aflq want as many clubs playing Saturday’s as possible and leaving Friday nights to 3rds and clubs that can only field one team.

I think you’re over analysing it. The clubs that want to do it are prepping for Saturday’s in 2026. You’d assume aflq want as many clubs playing Saturday’s as possible and leaving Friday nights to 3rds and clubs that can only field one team.
Think Coops are already playing Saturdays GA. If the others are looking to do it, fantastic. Doesn't stop anyone from running 2 sides that are of relatively even strength and see how you go making finals in 2 comps....

Agree SMY,

I think BP you need to submit 2 lists of players for 2 different comps (which is nothing like what LB has used as an analogy with reserves/seniors on a Saturday). I assume if you want to run 2 sides you will have 50+ players wanting to play for you on a Friday night plus a few fill ins at different times.

I think way too many variables to have 2 Friday night sides especially if competition is localised. I know most Friday night sides used in excess 40 players during the season for one side! If you have enough for 2 sides go to Saturday’s!!

Coorparoo were granted concession to help them field Colts in the coming season when they make the leap to QAFL. The fact they made a mockery of it should tell HQ they should hammer the lid back tightly on Pandoras Box.

Want two sides? Then grow a set and get a plan to play Saturday. Pine did it and Eagles did it.

Even the notion you have one team in one regional comp and another in a different one makes a mockery of the regional aspect AND the reasoning HQ is using to make it more regionalised.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back