QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious as to what game you think was cancelled? Maroochydore is on top and our game with them was not cancelled by Ormeau.

We will be staying in Division 3 with long-term plans to create a more sustainable environment at the club, This year has been tough with what the boys went through the week before the season started and also not being able to train on our own ground 50% of the time with it being washed out.

We were very competitive in patches of all games and have come a long way with individual and team development this year.

3 games weren't played. Not a stab but a rhetorical question

More power if you guys can build from this year. More people and clubs playing good enjoyable footy is always the best outcome

3 games weren't played. Not a stab but a rhetorical question

More power if you guys can build from this year. More people and clubs playing good enjoyable footy is always the best outcome
It's a valid question looking at the ladder and fixture alone, so no harm done in asking.

I want to give a bit of background so that others don't make assumptions and don't want others to feel like we just didn't want to play or were worried about % because the boys were always willing to give it 100% and every loss we had was a great way to develop and an opportunity for the boys to learn.

The Collingwood park game was cancelled at 3pm by Collingwood park, When our ground was open but agreed with CP that a venue to change to ours wouldn't work for them and they were very thankful.

Vs Maroochydore, I was not privy to the conversation and how it went, however from my understanding our VP was contacted about the game not being able to go ahead and both parties agreed to wash out. Maroochydore is great to deal with and we did manage to build a good relationship with them the first game by moving both games to a halfway point (Burpengary) so that we could keep it to a Friday night as Saturdays don't work for us with the majority of boys having work or other club footy commitments aligned with other clubs Such as myself.

With Jimboomba it was a massive issue, Our club gave AFL and Jimboomba an indication earlier in the day around 11 am that the ground may be closed at the 3 pm council ground check and Jimboomba requested that we move the game out there and it was approved by AFLQ at 2:56pm, At that time we hadn't been able to contact more than half our side.
Considering Some of our players work in Brisbane commute on the train, leave their cars and footy gear at home and a lot live on the southern end of the coast including Coolangatta it would have been impossible to field a side out there the same night even pushing the game back to 8 pm would have yielded the same result. What made it also compelling is that 8 Jimboomba guys still arrived at our ground to play and these guys were all super nice and had a beer with the boys who arrived from our club.

Pretty disappointed that a forfeit was enforced on us for that also and I don't think it was fair, I wrote a decent, respectful and honest email to the competition manager and it wasn't even acknowledged before the play HQ website was changed to show the forfeit (Still no email response or call, FYI). .

Hats off to everyone this year and especially Mayne, Maroochydore, Morningside and Sherwood who were all genuine and humble fellas!

cheers
AJ

is it correct that the winners of D4 north and south aren't awarded a Premiership Cup, but instead have to play the winner of the other comp to be declared Premiers?

is it too late to change this nonsense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it correct that the winners of D4 north and south aren't awarded a Premiership Cup, but instead have to play the winner of the other comp to be declared Premiers?

is it too late to change this nonsense?

I don’t know the reasoning behind it but whoever thought of it must have been in another world when decision was made
they clearly have not thought of players feelings on the matter
My question is if it’s good enough for Div 2 north and south to have seperate grand finals why not Div 4
The situation is laughable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shits and giggles comps so lucky to have a cup at all

Have you come and watched a game between top sides in div 4 ?
Easy to label comps shits and giggles
Tell that to the blokes who battle their guts out every week representing their clubs I think you will find they have a different opinion

AFLQ release from last month says September 9 at Morningside grand final

But they are shown in PlayHQ as grand finals in each side on September 2.

Something changed or quirk in the system?

I don’t know the reasoning behind it but whoever thought of it must have been in another world when decision was made
they clearly have not thought of players feelings on the matter
My question is if it’s good enough for Div 2 north and south to have seperate grand finals why not Div 4
The situation is laughable

I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees

What are the tips for Friday night’s games.
Div3
Maroochydore
Morningside

Div4 Nth
North Shore
Bribie Island

Div4 Sth
Pacific Pines
Labrador

I don't even play, but the Div 3 competition in particular is seriously strong and hardly social

Eddie Mallan, Troy Moncur, Matt Rolla, Leigh Hardin, Val Pope, Drew Mitchell, Alex Dickfos, Nick Barling, Luke Scott, John Baker, Matt Dillon, Dylan Shoenmakers, Bryce Tomlinson etc etc

Players of that ilk are not there for shits and giggles.

If thats the line from HQ, it underlines how out of touch they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back