QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s happened out at Collingwood Park? Sitting on top 4 weeks ago. 3 losses and by big margins since

Injuries and blokes working away has killed us. To start the year we had 8 genuine blokes who could play in the midfield, we are down to 2. Started with a leadership group of 7 and are down to 3. An ACL to Kucks our ruckman in the pac pines win ironically was where it went from bad to worse for us. Since then we have been beaten by teams playing much better than us on the night and with the byes and moorooka forfeit have struggled to wrestle momentum back our way.

I (the coach) and the boys as a group are still trying to get it turned around with trying out different things and ‘throwing the magnets around’ (this fat FF is playing CHB tonight) to stop these huge losses and put some pride back in the jersey.

We are never trying to just make up the numbers and will still give it a red hot crack but being short on quality players and leaders certainly adds to the challenge. This isn’t to take anything away from the clubs that have done a job on us they have played great footy at the right time of year and I wish everybody the best for the remainder of the season.

Pac pines vs Woodies granny. Think it will be 2 goals either way.

With the chooks struggling so bad this season, 2 forfeits in the men's comp, 2 x 200+ losses and a forfeit in the women's is it likely that AFLQ will make them provide more evidence on where the club is at before allowing them to play in 2024? I heard the coach say that he is doing far more then his share and that a local club who was meant to partner with them promised a lot of fill in players each week but then didnt live up to that promise in the last half of the year?

With the chooks struggling so bad this season, 2 forfeits in the men's comp, 2 x 200+ losses and a forfeit in the women's is it likely that AFLQ will make them provide more evidence on where the club is at before allowing them to play in 2024? I heard the coach say that he is doing far more then his share and that a local club who was meant to partner with them promised a lot of fill in players each week but then didnt live up to that promise in the last half of the year?
Just maybe the club supplying the extras had a few outs themselves.
It all sounds good early in the year but it's footy and every club's numbers shrink as the year goes on.
It's always going to be a tough ask when from the start you are counting on another club.
But well done they saw the year out.
Not the only club across a few divisions including women's that have had plenty of forfeits and massive amounts of permits.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals starting tomorrow night in South divisions.
Div 3
Coorparoo v Sherwood -QUAL Final
Collingwood Park v Jimboomba - Elim Final

Div 4
Ipswich Eagles v Labrador - QUAL Final
Coolangatta v Springfield - Elim Final

North divisions with one round to go.

I hear Freddy is absolutely pumped. Keen to hear his thoughts

Last edited:
I see in true AFLQ fashion they are trialing things again.

Both div 3 and 4 grand finals being played at Yeronga at the same time.

That will be fun.

Not so bad perhaps if that’s what was stated at the start of the season before anyone knew ladder positions but 3 of the 4 divisions have either a Sunny Coast or Gold Coast team on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back