QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Young roo ruckman #16 knocked out last week against Aspley and didn’t return after halftime but named in Grand Final team! So either no concussion protocols in Div 3 or lack of duty of care! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Should be a great game!

Number 16 B.O.G
He could not be stopped.
Cleared from all concussion protocols duty of care was taken to its fullest extent just to get him to play.
North shore went in cocky thinking they were ‘Easy beats’

I watched the first half of Roos/Jets. Here’s my 2 cents.

Maroochydore played excellent footy. Their work at the stoppage was energetic, disciplined and mobile. Ball movement into their forward 50 was very clean but they missed early opportunities to apply scoreboard pressure. Their half back line rebounded well and forced the North Shore forwards up the ground a little more than they’d probably like.

North Shore used the big ground really well when transitioning out of their D50 by creating width on a large ground, this enabled some precise movement through the corridor. They did seem a little flat at stoppages, possibly nerves, but their ruckman got first hands in most cases. Missed opportunities in the second to go in front probably cost them the buffer they needed for Maroochydore’s third quarter.

Both sides had a couple of skill errors here and there, but overall it was a decent half of footy to watch. Even the umpires seemed to put the whistle away!

Not sure about #16 being BOG unless he had a blinder of a second half. I’d more go for the old fella #32 - very composed, directional and clean.

Amazed at the end score result as I thought it’d remain more of an arm wrestle!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 16 B.O.G
He could not be stopped.
Cleared from all concussion protocols duty of care was taken to its fullest extent just to get him to play.
North shore went in cocky thinking they were ‘Easy beats’
Concussion protocol is out for 12 days plain and simple! BOG could’ve gone to 2,3 or 9 before 16. North Shore didn’t look cocky at all simply outplayed.

Wouldn’t you need a doctor to confirm you were knocked out ?
Well if you get removed from the field with a head knock then that would be enough - the physio / trainer who removes you cannot allow you to play again until they see a doctor's report my understanding was. Obviously the lower the level the more corners can be cut. Never in a 100 years could this happen at QAFL level anymore nor would you want it to as a coach I would think.
Appreciate can be very frustrating at this time of year - we only hear stories about AFL players who are suffering from CTE - plenty of local blokes I reckon too.

Its simple.

If you are removed from the field with a head knock, and you would normally then undergo an assessment. Depending on the level, that assessement could be pretty rudimentary, or it could be a proper concussion test.

If you don't take the field again during that game, then it is obviously deemed that you didn't pass whatever test you were given.

On that basis, you are then out for 12 days, and thats compulsory and there is no grey area.

If this #16 playing for whatever club he was playing for (lost track, this thread covers about 4 comps!), played the following week - then that is deplorable from that club and there should be an investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back