QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s 150m long and in fact same dimensions as the second oval at Yeronga

Yeronga #2 Oval is 150m long and 117m wide

Mott St 2nd oval is 150m long and 92m wide

Your definition of 'same' is generous!

Interestingly, Yeronga's '50m' line is 47m and Mayne have chosen to have a proper 50m line that is actually 50m

However, Mayne's centre square is only 45m x 45 and not 50 x 50

If you're every doing a centre square running program, thats the place to go to set some PB's!

What if South is an all GC Granny? Just saying
Well you had Pac Pines in the div 3 GF and Cooly in the div 4 GF last year. Both decent trips up to brissy and back.

I’d say they will stay at Yeronga and Moreton Bay this year. However if they choose to go more ‘south’ what fields in GC have two proper fields?

Or they do what they did a few years ago in the QAFL and they provide 2 options for the location of the GF based on who qualifies to the GF first.

Although I don’t see them making it harder on themselves and splitting resources even further by choosing single field clubs for the locations.

But who knows.

What if South is an all GC Granny? Just saying
Presume you speak of Div 4 South because Coorparoo is 3-4 games clear in Div 3 South.

In Div 4 South it appears Southport are front runners but Springfield and Eagles appear to be the challengers (pending this Fridays game). Who else is making a run for this all GC grand final?

Presume you speak of Div 4 South because Coorparoo is 3-4 games clear in Div 3 South.

In Div 4 South it appears Southport are front runners but Springfield and Eagles appear to be the challengers (pending this Fridays game). Who else is making a run for this all GC grand final?
I think AJ is trying to tell us he’d like to play the GF out at the Ipswich Cats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, Grand Finals are never a given, that's for sure! Finals are different from regular season games; they come with a lot more intensity, and we can't afford to get complacent. What I meant to say is that if two GC teams make the Granny.

We'd love to finish on top of the ladder and give ourselves the best chance to play for the premiership. If we have to travel, so be it.

Last edited:
Haha, Grand Finals are never a given, that's for sure! Finals are different from regular season games; they come with a lot more intensity, and we can't afford to get complacent. What I meant to say is that if two GC teams make the Granny.

We'd love to finish on top of the ladder and give ourselves the best chance to play for the premiership. If we have to travel, so be it.
Also the pros and cons of finishing first in a top 5 finals. Pros are you get a week off and then if you win your home QF you go straight to the GF. However 2 games in 4 weeks isn’t always ideal.

Well you had Pac Pines in the div 3 GF and Cooly in the div 4 GF last year. Both decent trips up to brissy and back.

I’d say they will stay at Yeronga and Moreton Bay this year. However if they choose to go more ‘south’ what fields in GC have two proper fields?

Or they do what they did a few years ago in the QAFL and they provide 2 options for the location of the GF based on who qualifies to the GF first.

Although I don’t see them making it harder on themselves and splitting resources even further by choosing single field clubs for the locations.

But who knows.
Would be great to utilise Brighton Homes Arena for local footy finals.

Interesting results from Friday night.

Sandgate land the first loss on UQ to take back top spot. Interested to see how Glasshouse & Ferny Grove take on the challenge for finals as they seem very competitive.

The Moreton Bay experiment straight into Div 3 is clearly not quite right. The Sunny Coast teams seem to be squaring off for the title in Div3 North.

Southport (if ever there was a straight to Div 3 exemption) take pole position in Div 4 South accounting for the Eagles. I take it Springfield are travelling okay too.

Coorparoo gave the Div 3 South group a breather by having the bye. Positions 2-6 under debate as the Roosters hold 2nd and the premiers look to be coming home with a wet sail.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back