QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Some really close games in div 4 north last nite.
A good comp and I'm going to upset a few with this statement.
I believe that several teams in this comp would play finals in the div 2 north ressies comp and most likely beat a few senior teams as well.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
For sure some of these teams would beat many Div 2 ressies sides

I haven’t seen any of the north Div games but is there much of a difference between north and south teams in both Divs?

For sure some of these teams would beat many Div 2 ressies sides
If the north comp changes to a Sunshine Coast comp surely Gympie would be able to find a more level playing field here. How they continue to persist in div 2 I can’t understand, they lost 292-1 today….. at home. Think a Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast Friday night comp would be pretty balanced comps and 2 central/ish comps could balance out pretty quickly.

If the north comp changes to a Sunshine Coast comp surely Gympie would be able to find a more level playing field here. How they continue to persist in div 2 I can’t understand, they lost 292-1 today….. at home. Think a Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast Friday night comp would be pretty balanced comps and 2 central/ish comps could balance out pretty quickly.
Freddy’s assessment about a big shake up sounds cool! I think he put it in the Div 1 chat.

Care to elaborate in here Freddy?

I haven’t seen any of the north Div games but is there much of a difference between north and south teams in both Divs?
It is tough to know on each year. I’d say Maroochydore and Caloundra would give the top 2-3 a run for their money to some extent in div 3 south. Div 4 north I don’t know much about. Sandgate would be competitive and UQ would be ok in the south comp but as I said. Hard to judge. As most teams that win it in either division north or south are a very different team the next year.

Ormeau won it in 2020 and haven’t made finals since going up. (A lot went to Pac Pines).
Mayne won it back in the div 5 days and has sat near the bottom of div 3 since then until dropping back into div 4 north this year.

Bribie Island was the same, won it and went up. Now they don’t have a team.

Mt Gravatt won it last year undefeated and are second last in div 4 south (most have gone to Moorooka, who is now 2nd in div 3 south).

However, Pac Pines and Coorparoo have come up and been very dominant. And Caloundra in their second year after winning it in div 4 are sitting first in div 3 north. North Shore have also been pretty competitive since going up into div 3 north as well. Collingwood Park also staying in finals contention since winning it in 2021.

I think you will find that only Barney and Vasterink went from Ormeau to Pac Pines

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain what’s happened to Collingwood Park? Few weeks ago they lost to Coorparoo by 1 point. Then last night they lost 110-0 to them?

Congrats to Sherwoods 3rds on getting their first win of the season. Surely they won only if Thommo laced up the boots!

AJ8, I noticed there are two players who are private players who regularly play in your team. Not asking for names but have they played VFL or higher grades? Or just don’t want people being nosey? Your blokes are travelling nicely.

Finals are fast approaching us!

Hey Mate, that would be me and one of the other ex sharks players, more so privacy! A couple of us filled in for the VFL praccy game at the start of the year but just for fun and geez we rather play Friday nights that’s for sure!! Haha
Can someone explain what’s happened to Collingwood Park? Few weeks ago they lost to Coorparoo by 1 point. Then last night they lost 110-0 to them?

Congrats to Sherwoods 3rds on getting their first win of the season. Surely they won only if Thommo laced up the boots!

AJ8, I noticed there are two players who are private players who regularly play in your team. Not asking for names but have they played VFL or higher grades? Or just don’t want people being nosey? Your blokes are travelling nicely.

Finals are fast approaching us!

Hey Mate, that would be me and one of the other ex sharks players, more so privacy! A couple of us filled in for the VFL praccy game at the start of the year but just for fun and geez we rather play Friday nights that’s for sure!! Haha
Yeah fair enough. Friday nights are very enticing that’s for sure!

I know it’s the first year you guys are in and may not have thought that far ahead. But would the Sharks eventually look to transition from Friday nights to Saturdays in the future? Would you go up to div 3 next year if you win the GF? Sitting undefeated in your first year is a good start.

Yeah fair enough. Friday nights are very enticing that’s for sure!

I know it’s the first year you guys are in and may not have thought that far ahead. But would the Sharks eventually look to transition from Friday nights to Saturdays in the future? Would you go up to div 3 next year if you win the GF? Sitting undefeated in your first year is a good start.
Yea it’s a great start, Friday nights are tough to get commitment especially travelling up to Brisbane. The whole aim is to create a place for the kids finishing u17s to play and so we don’t lose the them to QAFL clubs, as well as being a shark for life. Some kids take a lot longer to develop into VFL players so having somewhere to help with that and also for the guys who don’t aspire or have the ability to play VFL have a spot to play. We have 40 odd registered + our 17s who’ve been easing themselves into the side but we still haven’t been able to put our best 22 on the park at once and there’s been 2 games travelling where we have only played with 18. So we still have a bit to do before going to Saturday as it’s all about sustainability for us.

Yea it’s a great start, Friday nights are tough to get commitment especially travelling up to Brisbane. The whole aim is to create a place for the kids finishing u17s to play and so we don’t lose the them to QAFL clubs, as well as being a shark for life. Some kids take a lot longer to develop into VFL players so having somewhere to help with that and also for the guys who don’t aspire or have the ability to play VFL have a spot to play. We have 40 odd registered + our 17s who’ve been easing themselves into the side but we still haven’t been able to put our best 22 on the park at once and there’s been 2 games travelling where we have only played with 18. So we still have a bit to do before going to Saturday as it’s all about sustainability for us.
That’s Friday footy to a degree too though. Rare to get your same team 2 games in a row let alone your best 22.

Although only a few weeks to finals now. Watch the commitment level lift

Wouldn’t you want those kids playing QAFL instead of playing Friday night footy?

I can’t speak on behalf of the club however the collective goal with the group is that our juniors have a pathway to senior footy at southport rather than changing clubs. As a senior club it will always be a priority to play at the highest level the club can I.e VFL however it would be great if we could also have a Saturday team where our juniors and those not making the cut had somewhere to play in the black V

Yep we do, For southport 🦈 but can’t happen over night

I can’t speak on behalf of the club however the collective goal with the group is that our juniors have a pathway to senior footy at southport rather than changing clubs. As a senior club it will always be a priority to play at the highest level the club can I.e VFL however it would be great if we could also have a Saturday team where our juniors and those not making the cut had somewhere to play in the black V
You would think that would be more Div 1 than QAFL - and prob rightly so, you don't want VFL reserve teams in your state league, plus it is probably already over subscribed! - but it would be good to have an extra in Div 1, and a club that isn't dragged kicking and screaming into it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back