Media Qhampion Data - Season 23 Ratings/Rankings/Team Of The Week

Remove this Banner Ad

qhampion.jpg
(other graphics should be much better than this as they are done by tgrs and not me)

As we all know, weekly Qooty rankings threads are a staple of the Sweet FA providing healthy ego boosts for those blessed with awesome stats on game day. So without further ado, Blacky, tgrs and myself present Qhampion Data - Season 23 Ratings/Rankings/Team Of The Week.

For these rankings, we'll be using an algorithm that factors 3 main variable that are your Qooty performance, your starting position, and your match thread activity level in the hope that we have a fair, balanced, objective rankings system. In Layman's terms the rankings will be determined by:

1. Your raw Qooty stats will be taken as a base measurement
  2. Adjusted according to your playing position and its respective KPIs (which are different depending on position)
  3. Adjusted according to your activity level (the algorithm penalises inactivity heavily but does not reward spam)
Over the course of the season in this thread we'll be doing a team of the week selected and posted by Blacky, a player of the week posted by tgrs, along with fortnightly updates of the Top 10 ranked players and their respective rating points.

First installment coming up very soon, watch this space...

Hi all and welcome to the Season 23 instalment of Blacky's Team of the Week, this season proudly brought to you by Qhampion Data. At TOTW we are all about record breaking performances, and in that vein we will be aiming to last until round 4 this Season.

On to the team...

SKOBzfX.png

We wont be reviewing every player in the team this season, as I question your attention spans and it's a lot of work. It will be a few players from each of Defense, Midfield and Forwards. As this is a joint venture with Qhampion Data the algorithm will play a big part.

Backs

Stiubhart - The most impressive Back of the week. In a week where the ball did not travel down that eve very often, he collected 26 disposals and 11 marks. Although his 17 match thread posts pales in comparison to some of his team mates, he is no inactive and looks set for a solid year.

rfctigerarmy - Monumental game on the Half Forward line. In a game where the Furies ran rampant both on and off the field, he still stood out. 21 disposals and 4 goals to go with 38 match thread posts - the veteran was exceptional.

AngryRanga - Having just finished a week with the Bears, I can confirm that they're alive and kicking. Shedding the dead weight has appeared to revitalised them. It was hard not to notice AngryRanga, with his Gob Bluth avatar. He and his team mates made me feel like I had made a huge mistake by underrating them.

21 disposals as a defender is a great return. Congrats on your TOTY cap.

Mids

TheCoach16 - One of two Bombers rookies to make the TOTW (Tony Lynn 15 the other). Incredible debut accruing 32 disposals and 12 marks. Was no slouch in the posting stakes either with a whopping 119 match thread contributions. Looks a real find for a team that is desperately looking for talent.

Ant Bear - The reigning MVP, Mobbs, Best and Fairest and Nobel Prize winner picked up right where he left off. Moving to the Ruck has not slowed him in the slightest. 36 touches and 3 goals to go with countless posts.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, what a campaigner

Thatsapaddlin - The Royal prodigy has taken the next step after his incredible debut season. The Mobbs dark horse accrued 27 disposals to go with a massive 9 tackles. His 39 posts were equally prolific. Great effort from Paddles.

Forwards

Millky95 - The Swamprat Captain led from the front as a true CHF. 16 disposals, 8 marks and 3 goals is a very solid return. Also contributed 47 posts of unclear quality, as there is no way I am reading them. Let's just assume they were melty and self-serving.

One of five 'rats to make the side. Excuse me while I punch myself in the dick.

Doctor Gero - easily the most productive forward of the round and the highest (by far) ranked player for the week. Stood out on a day where the Bears ran rampant. Kicked twice as many goals than the next highest tally in a truly remarkable performance

Other

Frankston Rover - Frankston Rover is a player for the Coney Island Warriors.

Last edited:

Qhampion Data Round 1 Player Of The Week
Sweet F.A - Season 23
kZnDW8C.jpg

Doctor Gero - The new full forward at Las Vegas settled into his position as well as he has the vice - captaincy role, with an impressive first appearance in Season 23 at the helm of the Bears attack. As Blacky mentioned, the final active Doctor left in the league was the most clinical of all players in the match around the forward 50, booting 10.2 from his 12 kicks, and becoming just the 11th player in League history to achieve the considerable number.

With a solid 36 posts in the match thread against the Royals, the Full Forward has firmly squashed any question marks around the reigning premiers forward line since the Grand Final winning goal scorer and League star brahj departed East bound. Gero was not only able to rely on excellent service from his midfield in the comfortable win, but proved he was capable of manufacturing his own chances...

3 : 4.5 {FB} - Crunching tackle by Doctor Gero.
3 : 4.52 {FF} - The ball is now with Doctor Gero.
3 : 4.56 {FF} - Doctor Gero from thirty metres.
3 : 5 {FF} - What a goal.
Gold City Royals : 10.6.66
Las Vegas Bears : 14.7.91

After pulling out 10 sensational goals, all not anywhere near as nice to read as this one;

4 : 23.06 {FB} - Huge bump by Doctor Gero on Easty.
4 : 23.1 {FF} - Doctor Gero turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
4 : 23.12 {FF} - Doctor Gero screws it round his body.
4 : 23.16 {FF} - It could be a goal. It is a goal.
Gold City Royals : 14.8.92
Las Vegas Bears : 24.12.156

Doctor Gero is a worthy Round 1 winner of Qhampion Data's Player of The Week.

Last edited:
Qhampion Data Rankings

137356.jpg

1. Doctor Gero
Las Vegas Bears
Rating Points: 258.75

138424.jpg

2. Stiubhart
Fighting Furies
Rating Points: 215.60

166323.jpg

3. TheCoach16
Baghdad Bombers
Rating Points: 192.50

154535.jpg

4. Millky95
Sin City Swamprats
Rating Points: 185.00

153430.jpg

5. WFL
Dragons FFC
Rating Points: 182.60

2365.jpg

6. rfctigerarmy
Fighting Furies
Rating Points: 175.00

146769.jpg

7. AngryRanga
Las Vegas Bears
Rating Points: 173.80

164110.jpg

8. Cloud_
Sin City Swamprats
Rating Points: 173.75

119970.jpg

9. SpaceClef
Las Vegas Bears
Rating Points: 170.00

171269.jpg

10. Far Kern
Sin City Swamprats
Rating Points: 167.50

Last edited:
Qhampion Data Round 1 Player Of The Week
Sweet F.A - Season 23
kZnDW8C.jpg

Doctor Gero - The new full forward at Las Vegas settled into his position as well as he has the vice - captaincy role, with an impressive first appearance in Season 23 at the helm of the Bears attack. As Blacky mentioned, the final active Doctor left in the league was the most clinical of all players in the match around the forward 50, booting 10.2 from his 12 kicks, and becoming just the 11th player in League history to achieve the considerable number.

With a solid 36 posts in the match thread against the Royals, the Full Forward has firmly squashed any question marks around the reigning premiers forward line since the Grand Final winning goal scorer and League star brahj departed East bound. Gero was not only able to rely on excellent service from his midfield in the comfortable win, but proved he was capable of manufacturing his own chances...

3 : 4.5 {FB} - Crunching tackle by Doctor Gero.
3 : 4.52 {FF} - The ball is now with Doctor Gero.
3 : 4.56 {FF} - Doctor Gero from thirty metres.
3 : 5 {FF} - What a goal.
Gold City Royals : 10.6.66
Las Vegas Bears : 14.7.91

After pulling out 10 sensational goals, all not anywhere near as nice to read as this one;

4 : 23.06 {FB} - Huge bump by Doctor Gero on Easty.
4 : 23.1 {FF} - Doctor Gero turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
4 : 23.12 {FF} - Doctor Gero screws it round his body.
4 : 23.16 {FF} - It could be a goal. It is a goal.
Gold City Royals : 14.8.92
Las Vegas Bears : 24.12.156

Doctor Gero is a worthy Round 1 winner of Qhampion Data's Player of The Week.

How many pies consumed tho?

Cloud_ are you saying the more I post the more likely I am to make the team?

your match thread activity level

I'm going on a rampage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cloud_ are you saying the more I post the more likely I am to make the team?

I'm going on a rampage.
No, we've capped it at a reasonable level to ensure that spamming will not be rewarded. As seen by the fact that akkaps and grockadoc are not in the team or top 10 players.

That forms part of the algorithm which is our intellectual property
For us to know and you to figure out. ;)

It is not a high number though.
Thanks chaps, I look forward to featuring in the round two team... I've now reached the quota of three posts. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Thanks chaps, I look forward to featuring in the round to team... I've now reached the quota of three posts. :thumbsu:
It also factors in Qooty and something tells me you're riding pine this week

How convenient that Blacky, Cloud and Sterge are all rewarded in an initiative started by Blacky, Cloud and tgrs Sterge.

How convenient that Blacky, Cloud and Sterge are all rewarded in an initiative started by Blacky, Cloud and tgrs Sterge.
I wasn't going to name myself, but forwards were shite this week outside of DG.

I wasn't going to name myself, but forwards were shite this week outside of DG.
I kicked a point why wasn't I considered. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Qhampion Data - Season 23 Ratings/Rankings/Team Of The Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back