Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
QhampionDataLogo.png

Season 38
Welcome to QhampionData's Team of the Week. A weekly (ish) determination of the best Qootiers the wide world of Sweet has to offer using the original rip-off of the original algorithm developed many seasons ago by none other than myself, former admin Kennedy Parker (RIP) and Royals legend Blacky (RIP). The algorithm is, of course, based on a combination of posting talent, activity, and Qooty ability. Sadly, this pre-emptively excludes NaturalDisaster from participation.

It's been a long time since QhampionData blessed the Qootying world, and a lot has changed in the Sweet F.A.

The first successful modern day expansion bid was admitted into the League, destroying the hopes of all West Gate Trolls fans and pilfering their home ground of Spotswood for added insult to injury, the Fighting Furies, once a powerhouse (in a loose sense of the word) are in the middle of their death knell to bring the competition back to an even number of teams, and the league is fast approaching a remarkable 40 seasons of existence.

And yet, many things remain the same, The Filth Wizard is Admin, illiteracy is still rife in Baghdad, the Spamrats continue to delve too deep and too greedily in their search for new rookies that fit their unhinged philosophy and cooney still woos.

But, I digress, the opening round of Season 38 provided many highs and some extraodinary lows, but here at QhampionData, we celebrate the best of the best, so without further ado...

Last edited:
ROUND 1

TOTW(1).png
Headless , Marlowe , tigs2010 , BLUEALLTHRU , Mobbs , Cadsky , Gralin , Callums_Guns , Dinsdale , Orange crush , Ant Bear , Piggy Smalls , ShaunDuggan , sausageroll , Strigoi , philreich , Pamcake1 , Wise Guy Sam , Raveneyes , nahnah

The Top 5 Performers of the Week
(In no particular order)

5. ShaunDuggan

The Fighting Furies full forward led his struggling team off the field from the front on the field in their high scoring win over the Hawks with a monster haul of 9 goals and a behind from his 10 disposal game, whilst also contributing 22 posts over the course of a relatively quiet match thread between two battling teams.

4. nahnah
I believe this lofty position will help sway my dear friend nahnah to join the Demons. I am not a crackpot.

3. Pamcake1
The Wonders midfielder delivered a fitting tribute to his great mate, the late GUH, whilst ensuring tunes were good and vibes were plenty in a frenzied match thread between the Wonders and the Demons during the #lolWonders celebration week. Whilst his 20 touches and a goal weren't enough to help the Wonders over the line on game day, his 91 post performance over the week was filled with quality and heart.

2. Headless
The Headless captaincy era began with a bang at the Colosseum as the donut king once again saluted, whilst dominating the weeks proceedings with a massive 142 posts of the utmost quality. This placement is not a bribe for a better position but an accurate reflection of Headless' contributions last week in derailing the Wonder's 700th game celebration, I swear.

1. Mobbs
The Roys captain enjoyed a stellar week both off the field and on the field, leading all comers over the week with 91 posts, and his beloved Gorillas in the match thread with aplomb, whilst dictating play with 21 touches across the half back line, orchestrating the Roys lethal forward fifty entries that led to a gutsy win over the Royals.

Team Ladder:
Mt. Buller Demons - 4
Coney Island Warriors - 3
East Side Hawks - 2
Gold City Royals - 2
Fighting Furies - 2
Sin City Swamprats - 3
Baghdad Bombers - 1
The Bye FC - 1
Roys FFC - 1
West Coast Wonders - 1​

Last edited:
ROUND 1

View attachment 2064089
Headless , Marlowe , tigs2010 , BLUEALLTHRU , Mobbs , Cadsky , Gralin , Callums_Guns , Dinsdale , Orange crush , Ant Bear , Piggy Smalls , ShaunDuggan , sausageroll , Strigoi , philreich , Pamcake1 , Wise Guy Sam , Raveneyes , nahnah

The Top 5 Performers of the Week

5. ShaunDuggan

The Fighting Furies full forward led his struggling team off the field from the front on the field in their high scoring win over the Hawks with a monster haul of 9 goals and a behind from his 10 disposal game, whilst also contributing 22 posts over the course of a relatively quiet match thread between two battling teams.

4. nahnah
I believe this lofty position will help sway my dear friend nahnah to join the Demons. I am not a crackpot.

3. Pamcake1
The Wonders midfielder delivered a fitting tribute to his great mate, the late GUH, whilst ensuring tunes were good and vibes were plenty in a frenzied match thread between the Wonders and the Demons during the #lolWonders celebration week. Whilst his 20 touches and a goal weren't enough to help the Wonders over the line on game day, his 91 post performance over the week was filled with quality and heart.

2. Headless
The Headless captaincy era began with a bang at the Colosseum as the donut king once again saluted, whilst dominating the weeks proceedings with a massive 142 posts of the utmost quality. This placement is not a bribe for a better position but an accurate reflection of Headless' contributions last week in derailing the Wonder's 700th game celebration, I swear.

1. Mobbs
The Roys captain enjoyed a stellar week both off the field and on the field, leading all comers over the week with 91 posts, and his beloved Gorillas in the match thread with aplomb, whilst dictating play with 21 touches across the half back line, orchestrating the Roys lethal forward fifty entries that led to a gutsy win over the Royals.

Team Ladder:
Mt. Buller Demons - 4
Coney Island Warriors - 3
East Side Hawks - 2
Gold City Royals - 2
Fighting Furies - 2
Sin City Swamprats - 2
Baghdad Bombers - 1
The Bye FC - 1
Roys FFC - 1
West Coast Wonders - 1​
So Gralin narrowly beat me by 192 posts yet I utterly annihilated him by 33 DT points. Might push myself to 20 posts this week to see if that makes a difference!

My opponent missed 70% of his shots at goal, how do I not get ranked amongst the elite for pressure acts that spoilt his aim?

Your algorithm is broken

So Gralin narrowly beat me by 192 posts yet I utterly annihilated him by 33 DT points. Might push myself to 20 posts this week to see if that makes a difference!
I'm no mathemagician but I'm pretty sure 87 in the wet is about 150 in the dry.

Be better.

I'm no mathemagician but I'm pretty sure 87 in the wet is about 150 in the dry.

Be better.
I now subscribe to this thread.

Finally someone is taking into account players who had to play in Rainy or Muddy conditions.

this is all I have whinged about for the last 10 seasons.

I am speechless but my Qooty Qareer can die happy afterall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I didn't fib about it.

But my gripe changed to be about the awarding of Awards with bias against those who had to play a lot more Rainy/Muddy games as their stats suffered.

But I have moved on, and your post earlier today, gave me a fuzzy feeling indeed.

ENDD_large.gif

The destruction of the 'full forward' has begun.

My opponent missed 70% of his shots at goal, how do I not get ranked amongst the elite for pressure acts that spoilt his aim?

Your algorithm is broken

The algorithm is, of course, based on a combination of posting talent, activity, and Qooty ability.​

The algorithm would suggest rereading slowly the overall criteria, potentially a few times.

illiteracy is still rife in Baghdad

The algorithm would suggest rereading slowly the overall criteria, potentially a few times.
Already had the first two covered, it is only the third that is a variable.

Given the random nature of the Sim, guess I have my answer. I guess Meatloaf was right.

Round 2 New
QhampionData TeamOfTheWeekHeader.png

Round 2

TOTW2.png
Wise Guy Sam Headless Kilroy JoshWoodenSpoon Membling Tigerturbulance T2B_ Mobbs mcgrath_truther Wosh p4p1 Dinsdale Pugsley Irish BlueBagger TheGoatBaron Tarkyn_24 MWPP cats2rise moginie TheInjuryFactory

Top 5 Performers of the Week
(In no particular order)

5. Tarkyn_24

The East Side Hawks Full Forward single handedly demolished the Ophidian Old Boys in the first game of the season, kicking 12.4 to outscore their entire team.

4. Kilroy
The Baghdad Bombers defender had an excellent game despite the close loss to the Royals, performing well alongside fellow defender Jabba73, however the algorithm decided Kilroy more accurately fit the criteria.

3. Wosh
The elite midfielder for the Demons was crucial in extending the unbeaten run for the club to a lofty two in her 50th game for the club. Wosh dominated the match thread with 77 posts and a handy 29 touches, 123 DreamTeam points and 2 spectacular goals on game day.

2. Tigerturbulance
The Reigning Premiers captain led his club in the first game of their season against the Hawks, and whilst Tarkyn_24 got the better of them on game day, Turbo certainly wasn't the problem as he kept his direct opponent goalless alongside his 71 posts and 17 touches off half back, although his team selection may have been more questionable.

1. TheInjuryFactory
For general excellence and being a legend, recent graphic work unrelated.

Team Ladder
Mt. Buller Demons - 9
Coney Island Warriors - 5
Baghdad Bombers - 4
East Side Hawks - 3
Gold City Royals - 3
Roys FFC - 3
Sin City Swamprats - 3
Fighting Furies - 2
Las Vegas Bears - 2
Ophidian Old Boys - 2
The Bye FC - 2
Dragons FFC - 1
West Coast Wonders - 1

View attachment 2073655

Round 2

View attachment 2073656
Wise Guy Sam Headless Kilroy JoshWoodenSpoon Membling Tigerturbulance T2B_ Mobbs mcgrath_truther Wosh p4p1 Dinsdale Pugsley Irish BlueBagger TheGoatBaron Tarkyn_24 MWPP cats2rise moginie TheInjuryFactory

Top 5 Performers of the Week
(In no particular order)

5. Tarkyn_24

The East Side Hawks Full Forward single handedly demolished the Ophidian Old Boys in the first game of the season, kicking 12.4 to outscore their entire team.

4. Kilroy
The Baghdad Bombers defender had an excellent game despite the close loss to the Royals, performing well alongside fellow defender Jabba73, however the algorithm decided Kilroy more accurately fit the criteria.

3. Wosh
The elite midfielder for the Demons was crucial in extending the unbeaten run for the club to a lofty two in her 50th game for the club. Wosh dominated the match thread with 77 posts and a handy 29 touches, 123 DreamTeam points and 2 spectacular goals on game day.

2. Tigerturbulance
The Reigning Premiers captain led his club in the first game of their season against the Hawks, and whilst Tarkyn_24 got the better of them on game day, Turbo certainly wasn't the problem as he kept his direct opponent goalless alongside his 71 posts and 17 touches off half back, although his team selection may have been more questionable.

1. TheInjuryFactory
For general excellence and being a legend, recent graphic work unrelated.

Team Ladder
Mt. Buller Demons - 9
Coney Island Warriors - 5
Baghdad Bombers - 4
East Side Hawks - 3
Gold City Royals - 3
Roys FFC - 3
Sin City Swamprats - 3
Fighting Furies - 2
Las Vegas Bears - 2
Ophidian Old Boys - 2
The Bye FC - 2
Dragons FFC - 1
West Coast Wonders - 1

What a beautiful team.

The other 19 posters go alright too.

A slight Demons Bias, but hey its his thread, so fair enough.
You don't think the team that is currently top of the ladder would feature heavily on the team of the week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media QhampionData S38 Team of The Week - Round 4 - Rnd 5 tmrw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back