Quadruple double?

Remove this Banner Ad

The current members of the exclusive AFL & AFLW Quadruple Double Club - 10 x Kicks/Handballs/Marks/Tackles in a game

Scott Thompson (Adelaide) - 24th May 2008 Rd 9 vs WCE : 17 kicks, 15 handballs, 10 marks 10 tackles (0BLV/8CV)
Joel Selwood (Geelong)- 25th July 2009 Rd 17 vs Haw :19 Kicks, 23 Handballs, 10 marks and 11 tackles (3BLV/10CV)
Brent Stanton (Essendon)- 31st July 2011 Rd 19 vs Collingwood:22 kicks, 18 handballs, 11 marks, 14 tackles (0BLV/0CV)
Ben McGlynn (Sydney) - 19th April 2014 Rd 5 vs Fremantle:14 Kicks,10 Marks,10 Handballs,12 Tackles (2BLV/9CV)
Tom Rockliff (Brisbane) - 10th Aug 2014 Rd 20 vs Adelaide:22 kicks, 18handballs, 10 marks, 10 tackles (0BLV/2CV)
Corey Enright (Geelong) - 8th May 2015 Rd 6 vs Collingwood: 18 kicks,11 handballs,12 marks,11 tackles (0BLV/5CV)
Karl Amon (Port Adelaide)-26th June 2022 Rd 15 vs Gold Coast: 16 Kicks, 10 Handballs, 10 Marks, 10 Tackles (3BLV/0CV)
Josh Dunkley (Brisbane)- 5th May 2023 Rd 8 vs Carlton 22 Kicks, 11 Handballs, 11 Marks, 13 Tackles (3BLV/10CV)
Josh Dunkley (Brisbane)- 28th June 2024 Rd 16 vs Melbourne 17 Kicks, 15 Handballs, 12 Marks, 10 Tackles(TBA/9CV)
Jack Steele (St Kilda)- 17th August 2024 Rd 23 Vs Geelong 15 kicks, 11 Handballs, 10 Marks, 10 Tackles(TBA/6CV)
(BLV = Brownlow votes/CV = Coaches Votes)

AFLW

Charlie Rowbottom (Gold Coast) 8th Sept Rd 2 Vs Carlton 22 kicks, 13 Handballs , 10 Marks, 10 Tackles

Last edited:
Yes I know.

There has been folk who have wanted to include other stats - do these podcast folk stick to the proper rules - or are they heretics?
Always the hit outs...

Yes I know.

There has been folk who have wanted to include other stats - do these podcast folk stick to the proper rules - or are they heretics?
This podcast uses the right rules as they talked about Jack Steele's effort the previous day, which was 10th occasion it happened.

They then wondered if any full forward has kick 10 goals and dropped the tackles component. But that was only for about a minute, then they went to answer a stats question posed the previous week.

Some of you might be aware of the Useless AFL Stats Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account. I became aware of it a couple of years ago.

They also do a podcast. I only found out from my mate on Friday, that the stats guru on it, is the son of a guy we used to play footy with at uni and for a few years post uni days. So I dug up a bit more on them the other day.

Anyway their 2nd last podcast on 18th of August was about Quadruple Doubles. Any of you who regularly post here, involved in the site / podcast??? Maybe they were alerted to it recently and decided it was a good topic to chat about. Listen at following link with Quadruple Double talk starts at about 9.30.

You mean the "how can I bring the Essendon finals stat up at any point" page? Bunch of w***ers.

You mean the "how can I bring the Essendon finals stat up at any point" page? Bunch of w***ers.
Next week's stat - how many quadruple doubles have there been since Essendon last won a final?

Answer: all of them.

I'm not checking the validity of this stat, I'm just assuming.

This podcast uses the right rules as they talked about Jack Steele's effort the previous day, which was 10th occasion it happened.

They then wondered if any full forward has kick 10 goals and dropped the tackles component. But that was only for about a minute, then they went to answer a stats question posed the previous week.
Hmmmm. A bit too heresy curious. Are you sure you should be promoting this site?

Hmmmm. A bit too heresy curious. Are you sure you should be promoting this site?
I don't really care. I read their piss take on stats on twitter and I hadn't listen to any of their podcasts and have only listened to half that podcast, as I saw they were talking about quadruple double so when that finished I stopped.

Rather than being critique all the time, what's the problem -explain in full not some short hand.

I don't really care. I read their piss take on stats on twitter and I hadn't listen to any of their podcasts and have only listened to half that podcast, as I saw they were talking about quadruple double so when that finished I stopped.

Rather than being critique all the time, what's the problem -explain in full not some short hand.
Sorry. Just a dumb joke about the purity of the stats that can be included in the quadruple double.

Sorry. Just a dumb joke about the purity of the stats that can be included in the quadruple double.
Don't walk this back.

The quadruple double is serious. Don't let it be diluted for the sake of the masses. We are the true believers!

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Should there be like an additional ranking by total stats? Because sure chronologically is interesting, however whoever had the highest total should be ranked that way, and if someone achieved it with the minimum, then theirs would be less impressive (whilst still extremely impressive).

Should there be like an additional ranking by total stats? Because sure chronologically is interesting, however whoever had the highest total should be ranked that way, and if someone achieved it with the minimum, then theirs would be less impressive (whilst still extremely impressive).

your idea has a bit of merit, but thinking about this thread and the feat itself, it took a year for the first one to drop , and then at one stage there was a 7 year gap and the build up was amazing when it finally dropped again in 2022,

I think chronological order better captures the moment and I'm hoping for a finals entry soon!

I think ranking the Quadruple Doublers would be doing a disservice to the feat itself. It's like ranking the best 400+ gamers - what's the point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think ranking the Quadruple Doublers would be doing a disservice to the feat itself. It's like ranking the best 400+ gamers - what's the point?
Fletcher

The rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Quadruple double?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back