Queensland Flood Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a good idea. Many people probably have a ton of stuff that they probably won't use. Unfortunately most of the agencies down here say "cash only" which kinda gives me the shits. Thankfully my workplace did donation matching and we raised about 2.5 grand from a morning tea (where people baked the goods and brought them in).

But if anyone was able to take a truck from Melbourne to an affected area, I'd bet we could fill it with many more thousands of dollars of goods (just from this board alone).

Main reason for not wanting goods is transportation issues at this stage. We (my employer) were looking at donating things like that but were told it wouldn't be well received due to the transportation issues.

Tragic situation for those involved. I hope everyone up there recovers quickly.

Can I just ask who runs our PR at the Saints. Really I would think some major donations and man power led by Sam Gilbert would have been justified and worth while publicity after being smashed by the news of late. I know the AFLPA and clubs have already been making donations but I would have liked to have seen Gilbert in the news for the right reasons.

Tragic situation for those involved. I hope everyone up there recovers quickly.

Can I just ask who runs our PR at the Saints. Really I would think some major donations and man power led by Sam Gilbert would have been justified and worth while publicity after being smashed by the news of late. I know the AFLPA and clubs have already been making donations but I would have liked to have seen Gilbert in the news for the right reasons.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The club donated $20K

I personally would feel awkward if Gilbert piggy backed this tragic event to get back in the good books.

the saints may/ would be better heading to the country areas of victoria once the waters go down- closer to home so to speak and not ' getting a head on telly' for the sake of it-

they have looked for what they can do- and are no doubt following that up- what the people in affected areas need is media in 1 month or 2 months or 6 months right now they just need enought to keep going.....

I'd like to see some of the media return to marysville and the affected areas of Victoria now and remind people of all dangers. and that recovery takes a LONG time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland Flood Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back