Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if we're on the same page with this one Mero

Unless the Dogs won the premiership in 1997 and 2005! I think that's what lionbear is getting at, apparel sponsors of premiership winners, and that seems a pretty complete list to me so I have nothing more to offer :)

Ah, sorry, I was nowhere near what he was doing.
I was think of the manufacturers and the number of different logos they used.
Eg ISC had the circular one, then used the block font.
Reebok used Reebok in two different fonts, and RBK
Puma used the Puma with the cat, and also just the cat.

PS There's a lesson for young players. Don't drink too much red wine at dinner, come home and just check BFFJGD and post something.

Would anyone have any idea about woolen football jumpers that are all navy with 'Smokefree' patches on the front and white numbers on the back?
Here's a mockup
View attachment 28279
I don't have pics of them but there's a bunch of them at an op shop

Most likely Old Melbourne VAFA
They wear Navy Blue and the VAFA are/were sponsored by Smokefree.

Ah, sorry, I was nowhere near what he was doing.
I was think of the manufacturers and the number of different logos they used.
Eg ISC had the circular one, then used the block font.
Reebok used Reebok in two different fonts, and RBK
Puma used the Puma with the cat, and also just the cat.

PS There's a lesson for young players. Don't drink too much red wine at dinner, come home and just check BFFJGD and post something.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

In SoO carnivals, whats the combination (jumper/shorts) so that Metro and Country don't clash?

Well, this year Metro wore blue jumpers with white shorts and Country wore white jumpers with blue shorts. Not sure if it clashed or not.

are the power wearing there old port magpies jumper today (round 23 2013 since the power are technically the old port mapgies).
timmy

are the power wearing there old port magpies jumper today (round 23 2013 since the power are technically the old port mapgies).
timmy
Yeah, they're wearing a prison bars guernsey, with the names of the supporters that paid to have their names on it.

Yeah, they're wearing a prison bars guernsey, with the names of the supporters that paid to have their names on it.

The Port jumper was absolutely beautiful! The only little issue I would have is next time dont have black numbers on white next time. I know that's traditional but it's totally redundant in the era of clash jumpers and actually contributed to the clash against Carlton, that being said Carlton's clash is pathetic to begin with bring back the double blues jumper!

What is the current Port Adelaide Magpies (SANFL) clash jumper?

They don't have one. I don't think they'd necessarily need one, either. I know you're a fan of an inversed design tho..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question about retails. You know the box on the bottom left of the Guernsey with the apparal sponsor and that A.F.L logo, I've noticed in polyester retails from 96 to about 2002, some retails have the box and some don't but they both have on the tags "on field". Is there a reason for this?

Paging someone like Essee Cross or lmach. Does anyone have a PS zip with all/a lot of designs and cuffs and shit?
I have a PS file with my template which has all manufacturer collars and side panels. Basic design elements (sashes, stripes, chevrons) are also available on there. Cuffs are all the same but I'll be adding the 2012 Reebok and Adidas ones eventually. Not sure if that's what you're after.

NM Design made a template a while ago with every single VFL/AFL design ever in it.

I have a PS file with my template which has all manufacturer collars and side panels. Basic design elements (sashes, stripes, chevrons) are also available on there. Cuffs are all the same but I'll be adding the 2012 Reebok and Adidas ones eventually. Not sure if that's what you're after.

NM Design made a template a while ago with every single VFL/AFL design ever in it.

Oi NM Design I am interested!!!!!!!!

Yeah I do, they are probably the best quality wise, but I'd rather Adidas
Many people would disagree in the terms of the Essendon top. They changed the curved sash too much, and then changed to a straight sash cos fans complained. The Hawthorn guersey was improved in terms of the back, but not a lot of their fans like the new one either

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back