Question to other League Pass subscribers

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought NBA via a Canadian VPN last year for the first time and I paid with Paypal. After hearing how they usually automatically renew your subscription unless you manually cancel, I was curious if they could do that still if I had paid with my Paypal account.

Turns out they can lol. I wasn't going to subscribe this season, but they auto renewed me. I thought they wouldn't be able to do that with Paypal.

Just a heads up for anyone interested.
Paypal do that shit all the time that's why I try not to buy things using it because it sends me into negative sometimes.

Mexico is cheaper guys, only 110

I keep on using a Toronto IP address but when I go to the nba lp page I see the price as $199. Weird, don't know if my VPN is playing up or what is going on because I was automatically renewed for $130 AUS with a 10% discount which works out to be $144 for the full Canadian price.

I'll take the $20 hit, it's a lot better than paying $300 for the Australian subscription.

Last edited:
You don't, but they did inexplicably lock my account after about a week. They unlocked it once I emailed them with no explanation.

I can only surmise that they noticed I was watching from Australia after buying a Canadian package. They don't have a leg to stand on though. For all they know, I moved from Canada to Australia.

I get my account locked out on a regular basis. They do this if you log in from different IP addresses (ie. work, school, home, etc...), they want to confirm that 1 customer is using it and not being shared around I presume. Don't think it has anything to do with singing up in 1 country and logging in from a different 1 but I could be wrong. So far nothing has happened to me and I've been a customer since 2011.

Last edited:
Interesting. Think I'll say goodbye to my $27 at this point. Something has gone awry with the India/Paypal combo.

Will be interested to hear how the "India VPN required" connection performs during the season when there's a lot of traffic.

Might create a new account and sign up for the Canadian 8 games/mth package for $65. Have signed up via Canada the last 2 years and worked perfectly.
Wonder why they restrict the Indian subscription but don't do the same for other countries. Not that I'm complaining or anything it's just strange to single 1 country out.

I keep on using a Toronto IP address but when I go to the nba lp page I see the price as $199. Weird, don't know if my VPN is playing up or what is going on because I was automatically renewed for $130 AUS with a 10% discount which works out to be $144 for the full Canadian price.

I'll take the $20 hit, it's a lot better than paying $300 for the Australian subscription.

Just log in and out, mine was doing the same hopping between various countries.

You may need to clear your cookies, the nba site uses them if you've been there before.

Just wondering what the quality of the streams are like on the league pass? Does it depend predominantly on the speed of your internet? Thinking of signing up but not if the pictures going to be blurry, laggy etc. Appreciate any thoughts

Just wondering what the quality of the streams are like on the league pass? Does it depend predominantly on the speed of your internet? Thinking of signing up but not if the pictures going to be blurry, laggy etc. Appreciate any thoughts

They're okay but not great, maximum bitrate of 3000 Kbps which you should be able to achieve with anything but the slowest of internet.

Beats every other alternative though.

So guys I'm looking for an alternative to the xbox one gametime app to watch the games on my tv as my experience with the app over the last couple of seasons is that it is a broken POS. Trying to watch the Warriors game this morning and I'm either getting "cannot connect to nba there was an issue logging into your account please try again later", "video content unavailable", the app crashes or the stream starts to load but just shows a black screen.

After deleting all save content and re installing the app, I got a couple of the same errors before finally being able to stream the game. Only took til halftime. I am not interested in battling this app again for another season which works fine some days and other times I can't watch a game for days on end.

So there isn't an app for my smart tv or ps4. I tried screen mirroring from my tablet but there was noticable lag and wasn't what I would call watchable. What other methods could you guys reccomend? I see the app is available for both chromecast and apple tv. Do they function well? I have no ties to the apple eco system and would prefer to keep it that way but I am getting desperate. Any other methods available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Xbox NBA App finally got an update. So far so good, the actual app looks and runs a lot more smoothly and the streams seems to be of higher quality.

The Xbox NBA App finally got an update. So far so good, the actual app looks and runs a lot more smoothly and the streams seems to be of higher quality.

Yes finally updated that ugly and painful to use app. The new feature I found this season is that I had to log into my account every time I launched the god damn app.

So far the new app has worked perfectly for me. No more errors.

Just signed up to League Pass via VPN through Mexico.

Cost me ~$92 for the top package for the whole season, using the code PRESEASON10. Great value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Question to other League Pass subscribers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back