Umpiring Questionable Umpiring Decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

The most frustrating thing is the focus on umpires, even in 8 goal thrashings, compared to players/coaches.

Logan McDonald has a god awful technique shot at goal to draw/win and misses everything. Awful. Barely anything said. Longmire says “well we shouldn’t have been down by so much, not his fault”. Everyone agrees. Nothing to be seen here.

Umpire doesn’t pay a decision correctly, or even if they do (Rankine running too far), all the media talks about.

Turnovers in front of goal. Sloppy free kicks. Poor handballs. Dropped marks. Ignored.

1 bad decision, you’ve got Slobbo & Carey (blokes who have never umpired) fuelling the fire.

It’s clear more than half of footy fans are just hateful bogans and don’t really care about the game. You can see the posters here who just talk about umpires in each thread & will instantly blame them when their team is down, and argue not over which team is better but which team had less advantage from umpiring calls “oh nah did you see that missed throw in the 1st quarter? What about the non HTB in the 3rd?”
I agree with this

The umpire obsession in football at the moment is insane. People are now remembering shitty umpiring decisions from months and years ago - more so than great goals or marks. Look at how many pages of chat on a great mark versus how many pages of chat on a contenious umpiring decision.

Nobody has analysed Logan McDonalds kick frame by frame to see where he went wrong. But they have done so with all of these umpiring decisions.

I agree with this

The umpire obsession in football at the moment is insane. People are now remembering shitty umpiring decisions from months and years ago - more so than great goals or marks. Look at how many pages of chat on a great mark versus how many pages of chat on a contenious umpiring decision.

Nobody has analysed Logan McDonalds kick frame by frame to see where he went wrong. But they have done so with all of these umpiring decisions.
Agree with all of this.

The only real complaint I have now is that push in the back is out of control.

Otherwise, I recon most games are like they always have been - most decisions I understand and agree with, some I don't.

The ****ing media have latched on to umpire whingeing though and stirred the pot big time. It gets clicks, it gets responses, etc. But it is becoming tiresome.

Good on the AFL with their decision to not come out and explain/review every decision the media get their knockers in a knot over. Imagine the commentators had to come out and justify every stupid thing they said.

Explain the rules at the start of the year. Back your umpires week in week out. If the media folk really have that much trouble understanding the game replace them with those that do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back