General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cost-cutting measure... 100 hours of free labour from every student! Class of 30 would be around 1.5 full time positions over a year. If people have lost their jobs and been replaced with day a week students, that's dodgy af.

If they're surplus to the ongoing function of the business and have competencies to complete on those days that are government mandated as part of the course accreditation, then kudos you do a nice thing. Volunteers are okay too. But I'm pretty sure we've had issues with unpaid intern sh*t before at AFL clubs.
More a money making opportunity. A lot of clubs and sports teams in general are doing similar things now.

Which one of you is selling this garbage? Essendon Bombers: 2007 Matthew Knights New Coach Clippings | eBay

Good work on AFLW but any chance we could put all the threads into either one mega thread or stick my Womens football and keep it separate? Like other clubs forums. Just clogs up main board

Good work on AFLW but any chance we could put all the threads into either one mega thread or stick my Womens football and keep it separate? Like other clubs forums. Just clogs up main board
If they're 'clogging up' the main board it's because they're new and/or people are posting in them. If people aren't posting in them they will drift off page 1 pretty quickly.

We feel the aflw team is just as important as the men and shouldn’t be relegated to a less visible sub board.

Having said that the feedback is noted and we will keep an eye on how it's working.

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find training times for this week and next? I had a look online and couldn't find anything.

I have a few weeks off work and want to head out for a look.

Cheers

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find training times for this week and next? I had a look online and couldn't find anything.

I have a few weeks off work and want to head out for a look.

Cheers
If I hear I will let you know.

Don't know where to post to ask this question, so I will try here.

Why is Nic Martin's player thread locked??? Only player that it has happened too, but can't understand why.

Anyhoo, named in the 22 under 22 squad for this year. Only player on our list to be selected.

Well done Nic, great year, well deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know where to post to ask this question, so I will try here.

Why is Nic Martin's player thread locked??? Only player that it has happened too, but can't understand why.

Anyhoo, named in the 22 under 22 squad for this year. Only player on our list to be selected.

Well done Nic, great year, well deserved.

Link the thread and I will check it out for you.
No good reason, I think someone edited the thread title but bumped one of the checkboxes in the thread settings at the same time without realising. Have unlocked it.

It's really difficult to find things on the board now, I don't know if it's because of all the AFLW players included or what.
I have to search for threads, maybe it's just how popular the board is at the moment.
Won't have the issue on the Tassie board.
What are you struggling to find?

There are 8 AFLW threads on the first page of the board at the moment. The next eight threads that would be on the main board if not for AFLW would be:
#42: Massimo D'Ambrosio - Injured his shoulder in the VFL - 17/7
2022 Crichton Medal - Congratulations Peter Wright!
Post of the Week - The Yaco55 Multi-Quote Memorial Thread
#34: Andrew Phillips - re-signs on a one-year deal - 28/7
Grand Final 2022: Geelong give the Swans an 81 point flogging
Delusional Pearlers IV
#20: Peter "Litre" Wright 🏅 - Crichton Medallist 2022, what a steal! - 3/10
# 3: Darcy Parish

I think it's because I am colour blind to be honest. I used to rely a lot on the colours of the sub-topics a bit.
Is there a chance we could get a filter, to filter certain topics out? There's a "Show Only" filter at the moment, one that says "Don't Show" could be nice.
I probably just need to be less lazy and search each thread. I used to just enjoy browsing through each topic and reading, but I don't have any interest in Essendon AFLW, there are likely others the same. I'll support a Tassie girls one for sure.

Last edited:
Is there a chance we could get a filter, to filter certain topics out? There's a "Show Only" filter at the moment, one that says "Don't Show" could be nice.
I can ask a developer I know.

I think it's because I am colour blind to be honest. I used to rely a lot on the colours of the sub-topics a bit.
I probably just need to be less lazy and search each thread.
Oh interesting. I'm not colour blind but I use the colours of the sub-topics to recognise a thread quickly too.

There's been a couple of prefixes that have changed colour recently, Preview went from yellow to blue because it was apparently too similar to autopsy, and then because I complained about too many blue prefixes that all look the same at first glance, the Coach one was changed to purple so it wasn't the same as preview.

There was also a discussion around colour blind friendly prefixes the other day and making sure there's enough contrast so that they're readable, but using an online tool to simulate it isn't the same as living it every day.

Oh interesting. I'm not colour blind but I use the colours of the sub-topics to recognise a thread quickly too.

There's been a couple of prefixes that have changed colour recently, Preview went from yellow to blue because it was apparently too similar to autopsy, and then because I complained about too many blue prefixes that all look the same at first glance, the Coach one was changed to purple so it wasn't the same as preview.

There was also a discussion around colour blind friendly prefixes the other day and making sure there's enough contrast so that they're readable, but using an online tool to simulate it isn't the same as living it every day.

Haha it's okay, I think it's because it's the most right aligned thing I look at it first.
I'd just wondered if others were having a similar issue :)

I think it's because I am colour blind…
I probably just need to be less lazy...
No! you are not lazy! we have been oppressed too long - stay strong brother!

Lore or anyone else - is there a page/view somewhere that will just show me all posts from members I've followed?

George Clooney Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back