Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey RFC_Official, wondering if you're across the player Guernsey auction.

Jumpers are scheduled to finish tonight, tomorrow and the next day. I've been logging on and keeping track since the game, planning to bid towards the end.

I log on now and all of a sudden two jumpers are left. I had my eye on some including Castagna, Caddy, Vlaustin, Broad, Astbury, with all not meant to elapse tonight.

Hoping they haven't closed early, as I was going to bid.

Yep scarecrow2k1, there had been an issue with players not changing their guernseys at half-time, so there was only one ‘match-worn’ from the Grand Final which the player kept. Everybody who had made a bid during the auction time was notified. Apologies to those like yourself who had been monitoring them.

Yep scarecrow2k1, there had been an issue with players not changing their guernseys at half-time, so there was only one ‘match-worn’ from the Grand Final which the player kept. Everybody who had made a bid during the auction time was notified. Apologies to those like yourself who had been monitoring them.

Hello. Would you happen to know if the ‘un-worn’ guernseys will eventually be put up for auction?

I think your probably aware that the DVD that the club was selling at the family day has some syncing issues.
$50 for a dud is a bit of a rip IMO.
Can/will the club be able to replace mine for me or should i just think of my $50 as a donation?

Thanks.

It's only fair. The guy from the AFL Shop who I demanded a refund from, and did respond appropriately to allow me to send it back but did still ask me to try again in another player to prove it wasn't my error but at some stage someone needs to face facts that the production of the DVD and now the Blu-Ray is substandard from the producer and prevents all purchasing consumers paying good money from receiving the quality product promised. Can you be that white knight, RFC_Official ?

It's only fair. The guy from the AFL Shop who I demanded a refund from, and did respond appropriately to allow me to send it back but did still ask me to try again in another player to prove it wasn't my error but at some stage someone needs to face facts that the production of the DVD and now the Blu-Ray is substandard from the producer and prevents all purchasing consumers paying good money from receiving the quality product promised. Can you be that white knight, RFC_Official ?

Oh no, what are the problems with the Blu-Ray release?
I was planning to get my copy tomorrow...

How it was even allowed to be released is a disgrace

The more social media exposure this issue gets the more people will hold off from buying it until the problem’s fixed.

Vote with your dollar.

Hi RFC_Official, Can you please explain to me why the merchandise sold at the Tigerland Superstore is more expensive that the same items at the AFL stores? Even with the members discounts the cost of buying merchandise through the club is still far more expensive than purchasing from the AFL stores.

Yesterday, I purchased a Mark Knight Premiership T-shirt at the AFL store in Southland for $35.00. The same t-shirt is for sale at the superstore for $44.95 and with the members discount it is $40.45. I assume that they are paying the same wholesale price for these goods. Other items that I priced were also much cheaper at Southland.

Seems to me like the club is being opportunistic and overcharging members. I wrote to the Superstore seeking an explanation and received no reply. I would prefer to buy directly from the club to support the club but I won't do so if I am being overcharged. I spend a lot of money each year on memberships for me and my family and I would expect that I should be able to buy merchandise through the club at a fair price. Please explain...

Hi RFC_Official, Can you please explain to me why the merchandise sold at the Tigerland Superstore is more expensive that the same items at the AFL stores? Even with the members discounts the cost of buying merchandise through the club is still far more expensive than purchasing from the AFL stores.

Yesterday, I purchased a Mark Knight Premiership T-shirt at the AFL store in Southland for $35.00. The same t-shirt is for sale at the superstore for $44.95 and with the members discount it is $40.45. I assume that they are paying the same wholesale price for these goods. Other items that I priced were also much cheaper at Southland.

Seems to me like the club is being opportunistic and overcharging members. I wrote to the Superstore seeking an explanation and received no reply. I would prefer to buy directly from the club to support the club but I won't do so if I am being overcharged. I spend a lot of money each year on memberships for me and my family and I would expect that I should be able to buy merchandise through the club at a fair price. Please explain...

Disappointed me also. The day after the game the DVD of the match was being sold at PRO for $50, and I went to the AFL shop and got it for $32. I normally like to buy my stuff through the club, but when they are charging a premiership surcharge it's not going to happen.

Disappointed me also. The day after the game the DVD of the match was being sold at PRO for $50, and I went to the AFL shop and got it for $32. I normally like to buy my stuff through the club, but when they are charging a premiership surcharge it's not going to happen.
That's more than 50% over you ended up paying! The T-shirt I bought was almost 30% difference. It is just too much difference to be considered reasonable.

You do realise the club can't control what others sell their merch for right...?

So why should the club be forced to reduce it's price because the AFL store are happy to flog things off with minimal margin.

From a personal point of view, I get why it's disappointing, but I'm not sure it's the clubs fault here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise the club can't control what others sell their merch for right...?

So why should the club be forced to reduce it's price because the AFL store are happy to flog things off with minimal margin.

From a personal point of view, I get why it's disappointing, but I'm not sure it's the clubs fault here.

Well the question is whether the club or the afl is moving from the RRP. If the club is sticking to it and the AFL shop discounting, then fare enough.

However, the Herald Sun shop has the goods for the same price as the AFL store.

I would bet that the club would be buying these items at the same price. These items were not on special at the AFL store. Opportunistic overcharging of loyal members is just wrong.

I would bet that the club would be buying these items at the same price. These items were not on special at the AFL store. Opportunistic overcharging of loyal members is just wrong.

Youre assuming the clubs have the same overheads, and the same patronage to cover it

I would imagine that the rent in Southland would be more than the rent at Punt Rd. I doubt that overheads are the reason for such an excessive price differential.

How many punters a day go through the superstore, and.how.many a day through the afl store?

Also the afl stores last time i dealt with them bought stock as a collective. Higher buying volume means lower per unit pricing from the importers.

We will never be able to compete with that buying power and that foot traffic

Hi RFC_Official. Do we still have gate sharing arrangements with other Clubs. I'd imagine there would be no shortage of Clubs wanting to coat tail on our record number of attendees.

Carltoon opted out of sharing 1st round gate. Delicious that the first game after our premiership is our home game against them.
Unlucky for them and they get more home games at Etihad then the G.

How many punters a day go through the superstore, and.how.many a day through the afl store?

Also the afl stores last time i dealt with them bought stock as a collective. Higher buying volume means lower per unit pricing from the importers.

We will never be able to compete with that buying power and that foot traffic
The superstore would do most of their business on line. This requires fewer staff and as they would have far more limited opening hours their wages bill would be considerably lower. Their rent would be a lot cheaper too. There is no way a 30 - 50% price difference is justified.

I will check prices at the AFL store before ever buying from the Superstore again. I would like to support the club but not if I am being overcharged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back