Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

The superstore would do most of their business on line. This requires fewer staff and as they would have far more limited opening hours their wages bill would be considerably lower. Their rent would be a lot cheaper too. There is no way a 30 - 50% price difference is justified.

I will check prices at the AFL store before ever buying from the Superstore again. I would like to support the club but not if I am being overcharged.

How many people do you think they get during the week? It would be sfa, but it has to be staffed that whole.time.

Also why would the club be screwing us? Its a not for profit, all money goes to the club so there is no incentive for staff to screw people

Its always been a.price premium place to buy merch, but people do it because 100% of rhe profit goes to the club. At afl stores the cluv gets 1/18th after the store owners cut is taken out

How many people do you think they get during the week? It would be sfa, but it has to be staffed that whole.time.

Also why would the club be screwing us? Its a not for profit, all money goes to the club so there is no incentive for staff to screw people

Its always been a.price premium place to buy merch, but people do it because 100% of rhe profit goes to the club. At afl stores the cluv gets 1/18th after the store owners cut is taken out
What do you mean "not for profit"? If it was not for profit they would sell things at a fairer price.

There were reports of a $5,000,000 profit from merchandise sales! Don't you read the papers?

You can try to defend this all you want but you are not going to convince me that this price differential is justified.

I notice that RFC Official has been conspicuous with his silence over this...

What do you mean "not for profit"? If it was not for profit they would sell things at a fairer price.

There were reports of a $5,000,000 profit from merchandise sales! Don't you read the papers?

You can try to defend this all you want but you are not going to convince me that this price differential is justified.

I notice that RFC Official has been conspicuous with his silence over this...

A not for profit means no individual or org pockets our profits. If the club makes a profit it goes back into the.club. to buy new equipment, a new coach, or a recruiter

Also learn to read. The $5m merch figure is a revenue figure. Thats before costs are taken out. The profit figures discussed are for the club as a whole, not just merch.

As for rfc being silent, wtf do you expect him to say?

No doubt the RFC/SS are operating as "not for profit" the question I think is at what point are costs covered? I read most sales are online. The Pres said on the couch prior to the GF it was worth $3M net winning the thing having spoken to other clubs. RFC have made $5M sales (that does not mean the have made $3M at this point) and we have not hit Xmas. And I notice they are phasing in merch rather than dumping all. I would expect that the club is getting their merch from the AFL at the same wholesale price. So excluding "exclusive items" a T-shirt printed in Asia and sold by the AFL v RFC should not really have any discrepancy. In my opinion folks should buy direct so RFC can collect 100%. But if the club is going to price above the point of retail (remember at the end of the day a t-shirt is cotton print) they will have to expect to lose sales. With 75K members and clear 100K willing to pay for finals. A more measured approach of selling on volume vs yield would be more beneficial for the club I believe.

No doubt the RFC/SS are operating as "not for profit" the question I think is at what point are costs covered? I read most sales are online. The Pres said on the couch prior to the GF it was worth $3M net winning the thing having spoken to other clubs. RFC have made $5M sales (that does not mean the have made $3M at this point) and we have not hit Xmas. And I notice they are phasing in merch rather than dumping all. I would expect that the club is getting their merch from the AFL at the same wholesale price. So excluding "exclusive items" a T-shirt printed in Asia and sold by the AFL v RFC should not really have any discrepancy. In my opinion folks should buy direct so RFC can collect 100%. But if the club is going to price above the point of retail (remember at the end of the day a t-shirt is cotton print) they will have to expect to lose sales. With 75K members and clear 100K willing to pay for finals. A more measured approach of selling on volume vs yield would be more beneficial for the club I believe.
Not for profits doesnt mean they try to operate at a net even position, mostly any profits go back to the club. Not for profit generally means no dividends are paid.

RFC_Official I am pretty disappointed on how the club has handled the premiership merchandise I purchased from the Superstore on October 1st. 1 email and 3 phone calls later and still no email giving me a date on when to expect my gear. I keep getting told different dates of when my order will arrive and today I was told I would be called back when I asked what was going on but no one ever got back to me. I know everyone must be flat out with all of the orders because of the grand final win but surely when it has been over a month I should have at least received part of my $169.80 order?

RFC_Official will the clash premiers guernsey be restocked? My mother was meant to be picking me up one and despite my insistence has only just decided to turn her mind to it and it is now sold out
Hi RFC...I have been massively stuffed around by someone at the superstore and long story short despite being told over the phone my order for the premiership Guernsey had been changed over from traditional to clash, i have subsequently received the wrong one in the mail. It is now sold out. If I had have been told that they would be only offering a change over of guernseys subject to availabilty of left over stock I would have ordered and paid for the clash strip at the time.I feel i have been lied to and stuffed around. I was wondering who is the Manager of the store that I can talk to /possibly make a complaint to about this? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Not for profits doesnt mean they try to operate at a net even position, mostly any profits go back to the club. Not for profit generally means no dividends are paid.
I understand that the we are not aiming for profit/loss sheet of $0 each 12 months. And that there are no individual or company beneficiaries of any profits.
I believe the club should be operating more like Dan Murphys and lowest price guaranteed and make a profit that way for the benefit of members, rather than the big 4 banks who seem believe "record profit" is the only profit that is acceptable. Cwood can aspire the be the biggest club in Oz. I just want the RFC to as aspire to be the best club for it's members. The existence of the club is not based solely on a economic model. You might be inclined to agree with the opinion of those at the AFL that this is a "business", and it might very well have those aspects about it. But it is not simply a "business". This is a hobby horse will leave for another time though.

I understand that the we are not aiming for profit/loss sheet of $0 each 12 months. And that there are no individual or company beneficiaries of any profits.
I believe the club should be operating more like Dan Murphys and lowest price guaranteed and make a profit that way for the benefit of members, rather than the big 4 banks who seem believe "record profit" is the only profit that is acceptable. Cwood can aspire the be the biggest club in Oz. I just want the RFC to as aspire to be the best club for it's members. The existence of the club is not based solely on a economic model. You might be inclined to agree with the opinion of those at the AFL that this is a "business", and it might very well have those aspects about it. But it is not simply a "business". This is a hobby horse will leave for another time though.

We can’t match the purchasing power andlower operational costs of a Kmart or other large retailer. Lowest price guaranteed would see us sell stock at a loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A not for profit means no individual or org pockets our profits. If the club makes a profit it goes back into the.club. to buy new equipment, a new coach, or a recruiter

Also learn to read. The $5m merch figure is a revenue figure. Thats before costs are taken out. The profit figures discussed are for the club as a whole, not just merch.

As for rfc being silent, wtf do you expect him to say?

Sorry for intruding RFC Stig.

Yep Rfct74. And of course there’s the $1.2m prize money which would be included in the $3m as quoted. And 50% is paid out to the list. Plus all the MRC upgrades etc. And sponsor bonuses re finals appearances. The margin from merchandise sales is not a great component of the $3m.

Haere Ra

We don't want to play there, it can remain empty as far as I am concerned. We should be ant MCC's door right now letting them know who their biggest client is and that we should be treated accordingly.

Or what? Why will the mcc renegoiate shit when we have no intention on leaving?

Hey RFC_Official , I ordered the Yellow and Black: A Season with Richmond on 5 October at pre-sale, and haven’t yet received an email that it has been shipped.

I sent an email to the Club and got an automatic response that said t would be shipped from 27 October, which is well passed.

I’d just like an idea of when I can expect to receive it noting it’s sold at other bookstores as of 1 November.

Again, sorry for the delay, I thought some new auctions were going to go live today, but the Superstore have pulled them. They have a fair amount of work to get through at the moment, so I can’t get an accurate answer on this and a few other request. I’ll try and keep you guys updated.

Again, sorry for the delay, I thought some new auctions were going to go live today, but the Superstore have pulled them. They have a fair amount of work to get through at the moment, so I can’t get an accurate answer on this and a few other request. I’ll try and keep you guys updated.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I shall hold onto my money and just wait for items to be listed. Good that the club is so busy!

Hey mate, sold heaps of tickets for the punt rd GF day just curious as to what the money raised went too? obviously, it goes to the club but thought a charity or cause that money could have gone to would be amazing ... Just thought of this before and if it has been reported could you link it to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back