Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
For a while now I have been calling big Lynch a fair weathered player...So I thought it was time to find some hard evidence to back it up (other than what I have witnessed)

I took some of the top goal scorers from the top 8 (Of the top 10 goal scorers) and did some calculations of Goals/Marks when the team wins vs Goals/Marks when the team loses.

This is what I came up with:

Lynch
Goals: 1.2 goals, Marks: 4.6 marks (When team lost)
Goals: 3.4 , Marks : 7.23 (When team won)

Hall
Goals: 3 goals, Marks: 7.2 (when team lost)
Goals: 3.8, Marks: 11 (when team won)

Johnson
Goals: 3.5, Marks: 6.8 (When team won)
Goals: 3.2, Marks: 8.6 (When team lost)

Neitz
Goals: 2.3, Marks: 3.3 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.4, Marks: 4.2 (When team won)

Riewoldt
Goals: 2.2, Marks: 10.9 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.0, Marks: 10.35 (When team won)

Pavlich
Goals: 2, Marks: 7.28 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.8, Marks: 9.6 (When team won)

Drop off ladder

Goals or marks when team wins / goals or marks scored when teams loose

Marks
Lynch: 1.57
Hall: 1.52
Pavlich: 1.3
Neitz: 1.27
Johnson: 1.26
Riewoldt: 0.95

Goals
Lynch: 2.83
Pavlich: 1.9
Neitz: 1.47
Riewoldt: 1.36
Hall: 1.26
Johnson: 0.91

While he made big steps in season 20076 which as partly due to his own form and of course the eagle midfield...He still goes missing when the blow torch is applied.

Also remains the teams barometer (For embers)

As far as season 2007 goes? Who knows

For a while now I have been calling big Lynch a fair weathered player...So I thought it was time to find some hard evidence to back it up (other than what I have witnessed)

I took some of the top goal scorers from the top 8 (Of the top 10 goal scorers) and did some calculations of Goals/Marks when the team wins vs Goals/Marks when the team loses.

This is what I came up with:

Lynch
Goals: 1.2 goals, Marks: 4.6 marks (When team lost)
Goals: 3.4 , Marks : 7.23 (When team won)

Hall
Goals: 3 goals, Marks: 7.2 (when team lost)
Goals: 3.8, Marks: 11 (when team won)

Johnson
Goals: 3.5, Marks: 6.8 (When team won)
Goals: 3.2, Marks: 8.6 (When team lost)

Neitz
Goals: 2.3, Marks: 3.3 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.4, Marks: 4.2 (When team won)

Riewoldt
Goals: 2.2, Marks: 10.9 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.0, Marks: 10.35 (When team won)

Pavlich
Goals: 2, Marks: 7.28 (When team lost)
Goals: 3.8, Marks: 9.6 (When team won)

Drop off ladder

Goals or marks when team wins / goals or marks scored when teams loose

Marks
Lynch: 1.57
Hall: 1.52
Pavlich: 1.3
Neitz: 1.27
Johnson: 1.26
Riewoldt: 0.95

Goals
Lynch: 2.83
Pavlich: 1.9
Neitz: 1.47
Riewoldt: 1.36
Hall: 1.26
Johnson: 0.91

While he made big steps in season 20076 which as partly due to his own form and of course the eagle midfield...He still goes missing when the blow torch is applied.

As far as season 2007 goes? Who knows

Theres a thin line between fair weather player and team barometer. Depends which way you want to troll it I guess. ;)

Good analysis, although you're just drawing correlations, rather than actual causes.

An alternate theory to the fair-weather one you propose could be that the player is so important, that if they fire (kick more goals) the team more often than not wins, but if they have bad games they more often than not lose.

If that's the case, that's not fair-weathered at all. It just means that his team is overly reliant on the bloke to win matches all the time.

I say he is both.

You also forgot that when we hit our rough patch in the middle of the year Lynch was spending a fair amount of gametime in the ruck

P.S Fails when the blowtorch is applied. No bigger blowtorch then the finals. Leading goalkicker with 12 and ALOT of possessions too.

He's one of my favorite Players for the Eagles..

. Its hard to draw correlations to Forwards..as if the Middi boys aren't feading him, then he will have less stats...

.But this year..he has Grown 100 %....He still has the rubber hands at times but so does someone like Hall.. All they have to do is put it up high for him to lead into; and if he doesn't mark it, he usually brings it to ground.......Are there any stats on bringing it to ground ?? He is now a bona-fied TARGET....

i'm glad he is playing for us!!

Plus in a few years, when he gets more experience playing in the forward line (06 being only his 2nd year) he will be much more consistent

Seriosuly comparing a 2nd year FF to full fledged highly experienced players like Neitz Hall really is silly isnt it

Itd be like me calling Brett Peake a hack and then backing it up by giving ya Chris Judds stats. Pointless

Seriosuly comparing a 2nd year FF to full fledged highly experienced players like Neitz Hall really is silly isnt it

Itd be like me calling Brett Peake a hack and then backing it up by giving ya Chris Judds stats. Pointless
Yes of course it is sill. Some people don't like to let the fact that it is "silly" get in the way of a troll however !:p

Who would you like me to compare him to?

Many of your fellow supporters keep reminding us he is a 60 goal plus goal scoring machine..So he was compared to 60 goal plus forwards.

Obviously he isnt as good as any of those players mentioned...Which would lead to the logical conclusion that his abilities are heavily trumped up by the eagle midfield...

Regardless...I called him a fair weather player/ Team barometer, I was abused for doing so.

Who would you like me to compare him to?

Many of your fellow supporters keep reminding us he is a 60 goal plus goal scoring machine..So he was compared to 60 goal plus forwards.

Obviously he isnt as good as any of those players mentioned...Which would lead to the logical conclusion that his abilities are heavily trumped up by the eagle midfield...

Regardless...I called him a fair weather player/ Team barometer, I was abused for doing so.

Are there any 23 year old 2nd year FFs who have kicked 60 goals in a season. Nope. Hes one in a kind really. If you want to compare Lynch to a FF id say Gehrig. Pull up his stats please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 23 yo Lynch would be a 60 goal a season player in any other side??

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle. You dont and wont know the answer so dont waste your time pondering it. Gehrigs stats please :cool:

I think this belongs in Bay 13. Why would you not include actual FF like Bradshaw O Loughlin Gehrig Richardson and co. Show all the stats dont just pluck the ones that make your "point" look good

I think this belongs in Bay 13. Why would you not include actual FF like Bradshaw O Loughlin Gehrig Richardson and co. Show all the stats dont just pluck the ones that make your "point" look good

Took the top 8 sides...That takes Bradshaw and Richardson out...

Hall was the leading goal scorer for sydney, their go to man...Not going to bother comparing O Loughlin to Sampi.

Riewoldt was the Saints highest goal scorer.

NEXT!

Took the top 8 sides...That takes Bradshwa and Richardson out...

Hall was the leading goal scorer for sydney, their go to man...Not going to bother comparing O Loughlin to Sampi.

NEXT!

Hall isnt a FF though. Pavlich isnt a FF though. If your gonna pull stats please next time get stats from the same position. Gehrig is a very similiar player to Lynch. Brad Johnson is not.

Took the top 8 sides...That takes Bradshaw and Richardson out...

NEXT!

The "Im not gonna actually answer the question" answer. Real insightful stuff. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back