Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people think - Will Narkle be the logical replacement for Kelly if we lose Kelly at end of this season?

I'm expecting a big season from Kelly, assuming no injuries...

Its still early days for Narkle, but I think Kelly might be the better player of the two in the long-run, but I could be wrong.

Kelly is clearly a much better player. He will continue to make his name this year.

Its early for Narkle though , he had an interrupted preseason when he arrived and didn't play all that many VFL games. Then a knee.

I view him now as a pick 20 just arrived type. (Based on him being under done, his limited games so far but some real class shown in exposed form.) He is recovering well from setback and could be a lock in our AFL side by mid year or take another 2 years.

If Narkle steps up it would ease the pain of losing Kelly, but I hope Kelly stays and they play together.

What do people think - Will Narkle be the logical replacement for Kelly if we lose Kelly at end of this season?

Its still early days for Narkle, but I think Kelly might be the better player of the two in the long-run, but I could be wrong.
Kelly isnt going anywhere until the Eagles get selections at the draft before the Dockers, or until they are willing to come to the table with a decent offer. I dont see either of those things happening for a while

WC will offer their R1 (pick 14 - 18) which isn't enough.

I don't think we will get fair value for Kelly to be honest. If he plays the same as 2018 or even slightly better, he is worth a single digit pick, even around pick 5. But we won't get that because WC won't have one and he is out of contract.

I don't think we will get fair value for Kelly to be honest. If he plays the same as 2018 or even slightly better, he is worth a single digit pick, even around pick 5. But we won't get that because WC won't have one and he is out of contract.
We just have to hope he and the family settle in, and the club has a decent season.

Really tough comparison for 2nd year AFL players. Age diff, experience and draft position aside.

One is doing his apprenticeship in our VFL team, the other walked str8 in & performed, after doing it for years in the WAFL.

I don't think there is any 'if' about Kelly going but hope we have young players already on our list (Narkle included), hungry to take his position.

I think Narkle will be exposed to more senior football this season I expect him to become a regular in the 22.

Touchwood he stays healthy long term I have him pegged as the better Geelong player. Think he will play more games for this club. On potential he really looks to be one of the most talented midfield small forwards geelong has.

So he needs to be exposed as much as possible these kids need games to improve. It's on these young guys this season to drag to older statemen up the ladder.

That's the evolution.

Tim Kelly what an off-season and season he will get more midfield time this year. Athletically very gifted although his kicking is a touch suspect. I'm interested to see how and if he can back it up with ablett and selwood moving out of heavier midfield minutes Kelly will be further up on the scouting report won't be the 4th-5th banana.

He is very good tim Kelly I'm a narkle man though

Would you consider Kelly for:

1. IN: WCE R1, WCE R2, WCE R3. Out: Cats R3, Kelly.

2. IN: WCE R1, Duggan. Out: Cats R3, Kelly.

Not sure Duggan is what we need, considering we have enough defenders in the pipeline, but he is the best Young Victorian on their list. Not sure if he can play on the wing. I doubt they would trade him out either.

Would you consider Kelly for:

1. IN: WCE R1, WCE R2, WCE R3. Out: Cats R3, Kelly.

2. IN: WCE R1, Duggan. Out: Cats R3, Kelly.

Not sure Duggan is what we need, considering we have enough defenders in the pipeline, but he is the best Young Victorian on their list. Not sure if he can play on the wing. I doubt they would trade him out either.

Both of those trades are a bit meh to me. Would prefer the first as Duggan is a bit of a softish vanilla half back flanker and we are really strong in our hbf stocks (Clark, Stewart, Bews, Henry, O'connor, Tuohy, Zuthrie, Guthrie). In fact, I've seen nothing from Duggan to convince me he won't be delisted in a couple years.

Assuming Kelly doesn't do a knee and maintains or improves his form, I'd be again asking for a top 10 pick and ask WC to trade option 1 or 2 with a third club to then on trade a pick in the top 10 to us.

I get the talk of could Narkle replace Kelly in this thread but lets not get the KElly trade discussion living here.

Thanks all

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His strength and composure is unreal. Handy inclusion just before finals
I hope Charlie Constable looks at what Narkle has done... Did his knee 1st year, came back hard played a few games last year, some would of thought he would of been in the the starting 22 at the start of the season. But he didn't, he worked hard and look at him now.
Yes Constable should be in the side but reward will come to him without jumping ships to quick.

Can't believe he's only played 9 games. His composure with ball in hand is phenomenal. Love the way he looks like he's enjoying himself out there, too. Great energy. Deceptively strong, too (though I guess time out with injury gives you a chance to work on upper body strength!)

Glad he had a hair cut though - looks much better short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back