Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

If we have Dawson, Rankine and Soligo in the midfield regularly next year, I don't think we'll be too worried about it anymore. Two elite players and an A grade, all who are still learning their midfield craft.

The only grunt player is Crouch, he is our most important cog because we have no one else who does his role.

Come onnnnn, where are the whingers? I know at least 80% of you deplorables hated that win because it reduced the chances of a top 5 Pick…

Come on lads, out of the woodwork! Tell us all the negative stuff you’re feeling

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why can't we beat quality opposition consistently or when the season is on the line?

Come onnnnn, where are the whingers? I know at least 80% of you deplorables hated that win because it reduced the chances of a top 5 Pick…

Come on lads, out of the woodwork! Tell us all the negative stuff you’re feeling

I didn't watch the game.

A win without hurting our draft position is okay by me.

Why can't we beat quality opposition consistently or when the season is on the line?

Nicks doesn't trust or back large portions of the playing group, which increases the pressure on them to perform above the usual pressure of a must win game. They know that in a loss - and a loss is more likely against a good side - that they will be blamed.

This is compounded by our senior players coming from a pre-Nicks era that were, by and large, mentally weak in big pressure games.

A third factor is that we elevate players with no genuine on field leadership into leadership positions, which causes a void of leadership in big moments that require strong leaders. The players we look to in those moments are not up to it because we've prioritized being an elite trainer over a genuine leader.

FOG started the season slow but has finished strongly

Maybe the weight of a leadership role played on his mind early, but wow he is growing asa player and as a leader

2025 - needs to put a full season together

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carried an injury for the first 5-6 weeks from memory. Was injured against Geelong

Hang on, there’s been a few clappers coming out of the woodwork tonight ;)

Speaking of coming out of the woodwork, why were you avoiding the changes thread this week Mullett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The inside 50 stat is deceiving. When you’re missing shots you get the chance to lock the ball in your forward half and generate repeat entries. We were either converting or turning it over so we didn’t really get the chance to play a forward half game. i wouldn’t say the bulldogs had control at any stage of the game.

Soligo's evasiveness and composure in traffic really stands out when watching the game live. Even if every decision doesn't come off, you just know he's not going to panic and just throw it on the boot and hope.

Our backline were huge today. Actually our whole field defence was huge.
Great defensive game all around.

I think all those who want to trade Keane need to reconsider. Very impressive contribution today against quality tall forwards.

The guy will obviously become a real player. We need to retain him if we want our best possible team when a finals push starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back