Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he doesn’t get a finals gig

Been a terrible recruit let’s be honest

Hasn’t done a thing

Was important when we were 13 and whatever wins. He’s had a couple of down games, yet against the Dogs/Port despite us being trounced was the only one doing anything in the middle.

He's still the ideal sub for finals imo, we really need cover if one of our defenders go down, especially Rampe.

This but everyone on here hates the idea of him as the sub. Covers everything. Either Fox or Cleary as sub

I’m not but he had been absolutely garbage

The last couple of weeks yes. Without him we don’t win half the games early on- he creates space for your Heeney, Gulden, Warner types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a master stroke by Horse !

This is why he’s paid the big bucks and we’re here posting on BF.

Keep em all in and get the chemistry right. That’s the priority.

Then, when everyone least expects it, the ultimate coaching manoeuvre is about to be unveiled.

For the qualifying Final - expect half of the team to be rested for the prelim and the other half rested 2 weeks later for the GF.

You see in order to win a flag, you need your fastest, fittest and freshest all firing at the right time.

It’s not like there’s any real challenge before the GF.

Arrogant coaching is winning coaching.

Couldn’t be more excited !

Yours in speed, JHWF.

If you go off the last 5 games then there is about 8 blokes in a worse form than that of Adams, just because he was a newby and hasn't allowed Gus to get into the side and people pile on him.
To be honest Gus hasn’t shown much at senior but how Adams keeps getting games with his form is beyond me

He can’t play forward, skills are extremely poor and no forward craft and he can’t get his hands on it in the middle

If they willing to hold onto Mills in the seniors after a slow start, they pretty much have to hold onto Adams after a lean trot as well. No two ways about it.

To the MCs eyes, Adams is not part of the fringe players. Hes a vet and MC has shown in the past that they wont drop vets after 2 bad games. It is what it is.

To be honest Gus hasn’t shown much at senior but how Adams keeps getting games with his form is beyond me

He can’t play forward, skills are extremely poor and no forward craft and he can’t get his hands on it in the middle
Sorry WTF are you talking about.
2023:
19 disposals against St Kilda on 57% TOG as well as 7 clearances, 6 tackles
19 disposals and 2 goals on 55% TOG against Brisbane, 4 tackles
29 and a goal against WCE, 4 tackles
21 touches against Geelong, 6 tackles, 6 marks

Sorry WTF are you talking about.
2023:
19 disposals against St Kilda on 57% TOG as well as 7 clearances, 6 tackles
19 disposals and 2 goals on 55% TOG against Brisbane, 4 tackles
29 and a goal against WCE, 4 tackles
21 touches against Geelong, 6 tackles, 6 marks

I’m talking about Adam’s

m

If he drops Adams who will you bitch and whinge about ?
No specific order but McDonald, Francis, Rampe, Heeney, Gulden, Grundy, Cunningham, Lloyd. Warner, Hayward, McLean, Rowbottom, Florent, Blakey, Roberts, Mills, Jordon, Amartey, Campbell, Melican, Cleary could be on the list.

Parker is ok.

No specific order but McDonald, Francis, Rampe, Heeney, Gulden, Grundy, Cunningham, Lloyd. Warner, Hayward, McLean, Rowbottom, Florent, Blakey, Roberts, Mills, Jordon, Amartey, Campbell, Melican, Cleary could be on the list.

Parker is ok.
Hahahaha

Haven’t seen yiu in the Parker thread go giving it to him

Must be shutting you up , not hard to do I bet

Even though I would have liked Grundy and Hayward rested, I can understand why they weren't.

For the last game prior to finals, they would have wanted to play our main ruck and our best forward. Otherwise it alters the team's structure too much.

If you rest this week then next week off. Play first final and win you could end up in a preliminary playing your second game in 5 weeks. Maybe too much time off.
The counter argument to that is, one week at a time, no point planning for another week off that you might not get. But also if you do win week one you can do a heavy training run or a scratch match against the magoos in the second week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back