Game Day R24 v The Orange Team - finals on the line

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please just win Dogs, we shouldn’t have to rely on other teams to make it and certainly don’t need to spend the whole afternoon being nervous about it all.

Some of the individual match ups will be key:

Libba v Green: hopefully a repeat of the head to head he had with Rowell and limited his influence…
English v Briggs: is Timmy fully fit to compete with a very physical & competitive opponent?
Jones v Hogan: Hogan is in brilliant form over the last month and is leading/winning the Coleman this year, but Jones is rarely beaten himself. Will need help from Lobb & JOD as well, but the key will be the midfield stopping clean entries to him.
JUH v Taylor: I assume this will be the match up as he’s playing the deepest forward, but again it’s a good test for JUH who has gone up a gear or two and been a standout forward over the last couple of months, against arguably the best 1-1 defender in the comp.
VDM v Whitfield: Again I assume he will play a defensive forward role on Whitfield, who has been carving it up over the last month or so from half back. He can match him for speed, but as a whipping boy he will need to show up from the start.

Verdict - I will be drunk by bounce down (it will be 10:30am).

‘Carn the Bulldogs!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:

I get the trepidation - we've all been there

But the excitement for what could be coming is so delicious.

We've got a team good enough to take out Hawthorn F1, Geelong/Port F2, both Sydney teams PF/GF

Eerily similar to the greatest month ever.

It's not a crazy impossibility.

Let's just hope we've got our heads on and give it our best shot.

I get the trepidation - we've all been there

But the excitement for what could be coming is so delicious.

We've got a team good enough to take out Hawthorn F1, Geelong/Port F2, both Sydney teams PF/GF

Eerily similar to the greatest month ever.

It's not a crazy impossibility.

Let's just hope we've got our heads on and give it our best shot.
This year feels different to 2022 and 2023 because there’s a sense that if we make it we could be a chance to go all the way. In the last 2 years going in to the final H&A round there has been the same question of whether we make finals but I don’t think anyone seriously thought we could mount a challenge for the flag.

Weather update. I'm about 20 mins west of Ballarat. There was forecast rain overnight from 1am onwards through until about 6am.
Actual rainfall: 0 mm
There's a slight wind here (I'd say a 3-4 goal breeze), western sky is clear atm, but clouds moving north to south. And the northern sky is quite dark.
BOM radar though shows the front over northern Vic tracking to miss Ballarat.
Forecast temp for opening bounce is 19.
So who knows?
My advice for attendees: don't wear too many layers... but make sure the outer layer is waterproof. And sturdy waterproof footwear. I'm leaving the crocs, sandals and open toed stilettos at home.

I'm quite confident for no other reason than I think we're too good of a side to miss the 8. It makes no sense but just feel like we'll get it done.

GWS are a good side though. Even when they're not on they just find a way too stick around. Their game against us earlier in the year was their only real mulligan where they got smashed throughout. Hopefully we do it again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just think back to that final round in 2019 playing the Crows in Ballarat to secure our spot in the 8. Came out switched on and put them away comfortably with not much trepidation or tension in the air. Only 7 players from that day named today !!

A repeat of that day will make for a relaxed Sunday arvo 🙏

ChatGPT's motivational speech:

Alright, Doggies, gather round! Today’s not just another game; it’s our chance to shove it right back at those Plastics, GWS. They’ve been strutting around like they’re the next big thing, but let’s be honest—they’re about as useful as a soggy paper bag in a hurricane.

These Plastics have been flaunting their shiny new gear, but all they are is a bunch of overhyped, undercooked pretenders. They think they’re hot stuff, but they’re just a glorified bunch of show-offs with a half-baked game plan. They might look good on paper, but today we’re going to tear up that paper and toss it in the recycling bin where it belongs.

We’re not here to pat them on the back or play nice. We’re here to show them that no amount of plastic fantastic can cover up the fact that they’re about to get steamrolled by a real team. We’re the Doggies, and we don’t just play footy—we make it an art form.

So, let’s get out there and make sure GWS feels every drop of our sweat, and every bit of our determination. We’re going to hit them so hard they’ll be dreaming of plastic surgery to fix the mess we’re about to make of their season.

Let’s go out there and remind them why they should never underestimate the Doggies. Play like you’re fighting for your last meal, and make sure GWS knows exactly why they’re called the Plastics. Show them what real football is all about.

Go, Doggies!

Did I say a 3-4 goal breeze out our way? Just had a few stronger gusts!

If this holds, a lot of the play will be on the hill/Creswick Rd right hand pocket side. Or tight under the main grandstand where the only protection is for a northerly breeze/wind.

Ballarat bound with my seven-year-old. He asked to play 'Target Takedown'.

"Dad, whatever I score will be our score today at Half Time."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825_104831_Western Bulldogs.jpg
    Screenshot_20240825_104831_Western Bulldogs.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back