Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

you can get $5 in the chipping norton for australias best miler, bet away!!

The problem is there is a better kiwi miler in the race - can I get $5 in a shark out market?

i would be betting on about 10 different horses to beat Avicat over a mile unless the track is a bog, but a lot are about equal with him.

Again - if you truly think this there is no point continuing the debate.

lol , tell me a decent win on a good track? #noexcusesexceptavicat

Except when its wet right and all his rivals get excuses?

He has fair dinkum belted a 2 x Oz Cup; Mackinnon; 2 x Sandown Classic; ACJ Derby; Cantala winner on a good track - and in Victoria no less!!!! Imagine how much he would have won by had it been in Sydney!!!!

Except when its wet right and all his rivals get excuses?

He has fair dinkum belted a 2 x Oz Cup; Mackinnon; 2 x Sandown Classic; ACJ Derby; Cantala winner on a good track - and in Victoria no less!!!! Imagine how much he would have won by had it been in Sydney!!!!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl
Harlem, who beat him twice since, Ace High, The Taj Mahal, Shilleleigh , you forgot Winx pacemaker Dargento. I love how you didnt name names

Hilarious.
Come on Paris .. say it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine - if you are happy to ignore ALL his wins for whatever reason, only rate him on his bad runs - while rating all his rivals on their best possible runs against him then yes - he is an absolute camel - quality way to do analysis too :thumbsu:

Fine - if you are happy to ignore ALL his wins for whatever reason, only rate him on his bad runs - while rating all his rivals on their best possible runs against him then yes - he is an absolute camel - quality way to do analysis too :thumbsu:
i have never said he is an out and out camel. He is our best Sydney way of going wet track >2000m horse going around and probably as good as any WFA horse over 2000m the sydney way of going which is not really a great endorsement these days. He cannot race close to the pace, thats his downfall and he just cant get in races where they are going to run home the last 600m in 33 seconds or faster.

i have never said he is an out and out camel. He is our best Sydney way of going wet track >2000m horse going around and probably as good as any WFA horse over 2000m the sydney way of going which is not really a great endorsement these days. He cannot race close to the pace, thats his downfall and he just cant get in races where they are going to run home the last 600m in 33 seconds or faster.

This applies to pretty much every horse in Australia though and is a laughable criticism to have of a horse.

Well I for one am fed up with this “Avicat” slur...surely Avilicat is the proper designation.

I’m not sure it’s a Sydney/Melbourne thing with him or even a pace issue- he simply grows a leg when he gets give in the ground. Look at his last two Sydney runs, both at the Randwick mile, in the Chelmsford and the Main.

Well I for one am fed up with this “Avicat” slur...surely Avilicat is the proper designation.

I’m not sure it’s a Sydney/Melbourne thing with him or even a pace issue- he simply grows a leg when he gets give in the ground. Look at his last two Sydney runs, both at the Randwick mile, in the Chelmsford and the Main.
Good WFA horses can race in positions where they are suited depending on how the race is run, Avilicat (my bad i will get it right from now on) cannot settle close and thats why he is not out best miler. If you are going to say Avilicat is our best miler full stop because he is dominant on wet tracks you might as well say Jungle Edge is our best sprinter because he is superior on the wet.

Good WFA horses can race in positions where they are suited depending on how the race is run, Avilicat (my bad i will get it right from now on) cannot settle close and thats why he is not out best miler. If you are going to say Avilicat is our best miler full stop because he is dominant on wet tracks you might as well say Jungle Edge is our best sprinter because he is superior on the wet.

Like Winx?

How many G1 WFA races has Jungle Edge won in the wet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back