Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerned about track condition at all? Not much rain forecast but Randwick just doesn’t dry out.

As long as its not completely bottomless it should be fine. The softest track its seen it flogged Lys Gracieux

Spiritual warrior won the wa cup over 3200m by 4 lengths in a canter carrying 61, after winning the Pinjarra, Kalgoorlie and autumn cups...

If no internationals come , may be a sneaky crack at a weakened MC?. Getting the trip is half the battle.

Was $101 last night Into $67

Carpenters eyes were piqued

Screenshot_20200419-151446.png

Spiritual warrior won the wa cup over 3200m by 4 lengths in a canter carrying 61, after winning the Pinjarra, Kalgoorlie and autumn cups...

If no internationals come , may be a sneaky crack at a weakened MC?. Getting the trip is half the battle.

Was $101 last night Into $67

Carpenters eyes were piqued

View attachment 860735

Carpenters a staunch West Aussie and I took this in jest from him. He's reasonable value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carpenter is as much a spruiker as a handicapper nowadays. I struggle to listen to him.

Having said that, WA horses are increasingly showing they’re up to it. Theyre not bred to win restricted sales 2yo races like the Eastern States so they’re more than competitive as older horses.

With no internationals, you’d give a Sandgroper a good chance...if it weren’t for the imports.

Carpenter is as much a spruiker as a handicapper nowadays. I struggle to listen to him.

Having said that, WA horses are increasingly showing they’re up to it. Theyre not bred to win restricted sales 2yo races like the Eastern States so they’re more than competitive as older horses.

With no internationals, you’d give a Sandgroper a good chance...if it weren’t for the imports.

Exactly - I had a 5 second look and if a horse like Raheen House is $51 than SW should be triple that.

I don’t usually look at the race pre post. Too many unknowns and odds are generally good enough on the day. This will be a different year though, so might have a crack. Still way too early for me though.

I don’t usually look at the race pre post. Too many unknowns and odds are generally good enough on the day. This will be a different year though, so might have a crack. Still way too early for me though.

I'd honestly think Verry Elleegant at 26s is a better bet than SW at 51s- you might not have to fully get the trip this year if only the locals turn up (to be fair you didn't have to get it last year)

...I know it was just an Adelaide Cup (but so was Surprise Baby), but I’d prefer the 26s KoL at this stage. Still, way too early for me.

I don't really rate Come Play with Me but this guy will head over with vastly superior form. Very easy to line the two up.

2 Mile races are a nightmare to rate but will be a strong performance no matter how you cut it.

The only ante post value is in raiders these days anyway.

Backing a horse like SW at that price this far out is just lighting money on fire. He’d jump that price on the day even in an all local field.

The only ante post value is in raiders these days anyway.

Backing a horse like SW at that price this far out is just lighting money on fire. He’d jump that price on the day even in an all local field.
Correct
Key is timing it right though... will be hard this year if any are able to come
With racing minimal around the world anything of note will be well found

FWIW I’ve 2 small antepost bets in just with $5 bonus bets

Caulfield Cup - Dalasan (🤞🤞 Dalakhani blood shows through and crazy old Leon sets him on a proper racing prep)

Melb Cup - Hasta La War - a throw at the stumps at 200/1 - I’ve done well locally on it is all

If we assume there’ll be no internationals (plenty to play out on that but it’s not looking good), presumably Verry Elleegant and Regal Power will be near topweights with ratings of 116 and 114 respectively. Master of Wine and Surprise Baby at 108 would get in quite nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing RACING FUTURES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back