Rain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its forecast to bucket down in Brisbane over the next 48 hours, will the wet weather be a benefit or disadvantage for us?

Brisbane did look good in the wet last week...

Get your money on a total teams score of 160 and under. Now.

I think their win had more to do with Ports physical hammering they took the week before. All the teams participating in their derby's and showdowns had lost. Brisbanes win was great, but it was more of a poor team blowing the game, then a great team over coming adversity to win. With the addition of Rioli, Osbourne being in great form, Crawford being back, it will be interesting to see how we go in the wet.

I think it doesnt matter as much for Brisbane as it seems Brown and Bradshaw can mark the footy in any conditions, I think the wet will hurt us more, but not do a thing either way for the lions.

Forecast for Saturday
A few showers, increasing at night. Moderate to fresh S to SE winds.

Precis: A few showers
City: Min 17 Max 24

Hopefully, 'night' means after the game has finished. Brisbane fired up against Port once the rain came last week. Didn't they also beat the Maggies in the wet?

I think wet weather will suit them more than us. After all, their entire pre season would have been wet weather training. Mind you, if Croad doesn't come up it might be to our benefit.

Rain is the only thing that would shak my confidence in us thrashing them. They clearly manage well in the rain (see last week), we just don't.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the Lions V Collingwood game recently. Had a real 70's and 80s feel about it with the conditions. Was well umpired and made for a great contest. Let's hope 'Ray Ray' doesn't get carried away.

As I understand it, any rain will just sit on the surface at the moment because the ground is aleady pretty waterlogged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOt sure but the people I was talking to on Wed were at Holland Park about maybe 5 or 6 k's south of Brisbane. They assured me that the ground is still very wet.

Didn't look to have drained all that well in the Collingwood or Sydney games.

Maybe some local experts can veryify at training this afternoon.

We just went from a solid favourite to a rank outside chance with this news. Brisbane = Best wet weather team in the comp. I have no faith in our wet weather abilities

They couldn't get over Sydney and only just got over Collingwood. I would of thought we were at least as capable as these two sides. Against Brisbane is that they had to do it last week against Port. Anybody who played any footy in the wet knows you are twice as fatigued after this type of game.

Will be another box ticked off though if we can win in the wet.

i reckon the rain won't affect buddy or roughie at all, buddy has kicked plenty of goals from ground level this year and so has roughie, we need to remember there not out and out big marking forwards so as long as we get it down there any means neccessary, im confident they can scramble enough goals between them for us to win. Clarko would have a plan in place in by now having known the weather conditions and i can see a different style of play eventuating. Hawks to win narrowly 1-2 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back