Rumour Rance Retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy inviting the local Jehovas Witnesses in for a long chat over tea and scones. It took them about 10 visits over three years to work out that my interest in their religion was purely scholarly.
You mean they've didn't twig when they saw the upside down crucifix?

It's all just gossip and innuendo mate. If it isn't true, I highly doubt any of these folks get overly affected by what gets written about them on Big Footy or Twitter. They're public figures it goes with the territory.

I get it, it's your club and it doesn't feel good for you... But if you're gonna dish it out, sometimes you're gonna have to take it.

Nah if it isn't true a few slander lawsuits against posters and the site owner would fix a lot of shit on social media

It wouldn't meet a threshold to be sued for defamation or slander.

If this wasn't true and someone wanted to prove a point it absolutely would.

It’s pretty sad that people are actively wanting this to be true.

Like fair enough to lay the boots into someone of privilege like Carey (or even Rance) once the facts are out, but it’s not like people were sitting there in 1999 watching North win a premiership and thinking “geez I hope Carey sleeps with a teammate’s wife and ruins some lives”.

It’s just a sad and miserable mindset to be in over the Christmas break and I feel sorry for those people who are thinking that way.

BTW - Higgins girlfriend is very attractive, there is no doubt that Rance being attracted to her is a possibility. If this is all a rumour it won't be cos Higgo's missus wasn't pretty enough.

Good try ;)

But that's a Kasey Chambers song-- not a Missy Higgins one.

It's all just gossip and innuendo mate. If it isn't true, I highly doubt any of these folks get overly affected by what gets written about them on Big Footy or Twitter. They're public figures it goes with the territory.

I get it, it's your club and it doesn't feel good for you... But if you're gonna dish it out, sometimes you're gonna have to take it.
Yep. Totally get that the players probably don’t read this drivel. I hope not anyway. Some of it is pretty gutless.

And it doesn’t affect me either way. Footys just a game to me.

I would hope that anything I’ve “dished out” hasn’t affected people on this forum personally. It has never been my intent and feel free to call me out on it if you think it’s occurred.

But you seem to be getting enjoyment in hoping that a person has committed adultery and ruined the lives of several people and in your words impacts other people.

I enjoy the rivalry of the game and fans as much as many others on here but there is a line.

Your words speak more of the joy a poster gets out of the misery of others than anything else.

Yep. Totally get that the players probably don’t read this drivel. I hope not anyway. Some of it is pretty gutless.

And it doesn’t affect me either way. Footys just a game to me.

I would hope that anything I’ve “dished out” hasn’t affected people on this forum personally. It has never been my intent and feel free to call me out on it if you think it’s occurred.

But you seem to be getting enjoyment in hoping that a person has committed adultery and ruined the lives of several people and in your words impacts other people.

I enjoy the rivalry of the game and fans as much as many others on here but there is a line.

Your words speak more of the joy a poster gets out of the misery of others than anything else.

I'm not wishing bad things on anybody. Simply commenting on ramifications for your team if the rumours are true.

Whether they are true or not actually has no impact on me or my team. Rance isn't playing in 2020 one way or the other.

Contemplated and discussed retirement years ago, clearly had some marriage problems and has split with wife, and said retirement has been announced. Remains on list.

There's enough in that to be genuinely what's occurred. Occam's razor? It's a whole other level to suggest he was doing the dirty with a teammates partner. If he was, il be really disappointed, but I have seen nothing credible to suggest this over just your common marriage breakdown. It's just a bunch of morons on Bigfooty, Facebook and Reddit. So far anyway.

People genuinely hoping the rumours are true, I can only pity their psyche.

Gale will say any old shit to protect Brand Gale, he only cares about replacing Gil.

Plenty of cubs have had situations like this, its only a club of true moral fabric like North that actually got rid of the wrongdoer.

And the greatest player in the game's history at that.

Smaller clubs try and cover it up.
My honest opinion is that you've been on the decline for years but this is vintage SLF.

Truly top shelf. I didn't know you still had this in you.

Everything you have written in this post is true, but you've written it better than most of us -- myself included -- ever could.

Contemplated and discussed retirement years ago, clearly had some marriage problems and has split with wife, and said retirement has been announced. Remains on list.

There's enough in that to be genuinely what's occurred. Occam's razor? It's a whole other level to suggest he was doing the dirty with a teammates partner. If he was, il be really disappointed, but I have seen nothing credible to suggest this over just your common marriage breakdown. It's just a bunch of morons on Bigfooty, Facebook and Reddit. So far anyway.

People genuinely hoping the rumours are true, I can only pity their psyche.

He's also trending on twitter.

This seems to have actually become quite a big discussion point.

Would you expect Rance or someone from RFC to say something hosing down the speculation at some point over the next few days?

Last edited:
He's also trending on twitter.

This seems to have actually become quite a big discussion point.

Would you expect Rance or someone from RFC to say something hosing down the speculation at some point over the next few days?
No I wouldn't. You can't respond to every ridiculous internet rumour. If that's what it is, I'd expect it to be laughed at inside the club.

Saying that, if it gets out of hand and keeps spiralling, then someone will have to say something. If there is any truth, the media will dig this out within a week.

No I wouldn't. You can't respond to every ridiculous internet rumour. If that's what it is, I'd expect it to be laughed at inside the club.

Saying that, if it gets out of hand and keeps spiralling, then someone will have to say something. If there is any truth, the media will dig this out within a week.

People are commenting about it on Jack's IG posts.

When the Pies rumour came out, Eddie came out pretty quickly and hosed it down. If it isn't true, surely the club would say something, even just release a statement on their twitter account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North fans are desperate for a different club to have a scandal after the Garner/McDonald off season mishap this time last year.
Nobody outside of North and die-hard AFL fans know who either McDonald or Garner are.

Rance on the other hand is a star of the company and was set for big things post-playing days.

When the Pies rumour came out, Eddie came out pretty quickly and hosed it down. If it isn't true, surely the club would say something, even just release a statement on their twitter account.
That Pies rumor was on another level, though. It was everywhere in a way that just doesn't tend to happen with your average AFL rumor mill story.

I wasn't on Bigfooty at the time. How does this compare?
Not even close. The other rumor was everywhere, not just Bigfooty and Reddit. Mark Robinson was shooting it down on Twitter, pretty sure the Herald Sun addressed the rumor in the newspaper.

Supposedly it was spread so far Eddie rang the AFL to find out if there actually was anything to it.

This is brilliant!

Tigers fans have been holier than thou for the last couple of years and used their recent success to mock and patronise supporters of other clubs, especially Pies and Blues supporters.

Hopefully this gets out in the open soon and has an impact on the playing group and their 2020 season. Looking forward to Blues and Pies supporting shoving it back in the faces of Tiges.

We did that even when we were rock bottom, and vice versa. Oh I see you're a WCE supporter so at least you learned something about the history of the game today.

Little bit different.

What's the club going to say?
Just to reiterate our statement from a week ago, Rance has retired to focus on his faith and family - not due to porking his mates girlfriend.

I don't believe this rumour, and I hope it is not true.

A sad turn of events if it turns out to be true, only good for the tabloids and the mouth-breathers who get off on this kind of scandal.

And if it does turn out to be true (which I doubt) then it will soil one of the best photos from GF week.

2d1f820dbc3ebcfaa80187818afff569c7156ca7
how old would missy higgins be these days ?

Cant believe this is true. If so, his retirement would rate as one of the most amateur pr campaigns of all time.

Maybe he's not been banging a teammates girlfriend or wife, but obviously something has gone down that has led to him being isolated from the rest of the playing group.

In this age of social media virtue signalling, his teammates would've been racing to post their tributes to him on Instagram. Instead, crickets. Something serious has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back