Random Question Thread (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: What happens in a finals draw?

Seem to remember the DT Talk guys saying that we would find out the 2012 positions/prices much earlier then previously, does anyone remember when they said this would be?

Seem to remember the DT Talk guys saying that we would find out the 2012 positions/prices much earlier then previously, does anyone remember when they said this would be?

If you're signed up to the Assistant Coach, then you get a 'planner' from mid-December. I guess from then you'll be able to go to other sites to see all of the prices after they're copied out of there... ;)

However... they will be subject to change.

There is an issue with the actual salary cap at this stage because there isn't an official figure. Quite interesting... the players are dictating the salary cap in DT at the moment!

Does anyone know what is happening during the multi bye rounds in 2012?

Does anyone know what is happening during the multi bye rounds in 2012?

Nope, but it's going to be interesting. Will be almost impossible not to have multiple donuts over R11-13.

Say we're talking about FWDs; there are 9 players in this line. Let's say you are careful and pick three players who have byes in R11 and likewise, three players from R12 and R13. This still only leaves you with 6 players for 7 spots in all three rounds. And before you start talking about DP, remember that you'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Nope, but it's going to be interesting. Will be almost impossible not to have multiple donuts over R11-13.

Say we're talking about FWDs; there are 9 players in this line. Let's say you are careful and pick three players who have byes in R11 and likewise, three players from R12 and R13. This still only leaves you with 6 players for 7 spots in all three rounds. And before you start talking about DP, remember that you'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Yep, even if we have three trades during those rounds I still think it is certain we will get a zero or two. I think we should get 4 trades per round during the bye period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else reckon that DT will be open on the 1st of feb again?
It will probably be around the same time as they will give the site a new interface and such as they do every year, just a bonus knowing all the prices, salary cap etc much earlier then ever before.

It will probably be around the same time as they will give the site a new interface and such as they do every year, just a bonus knowing all the prices, salary cap etc much earlier then ever before.
someone said on the s/c board that you will still have to wait till the 1st of feb for prices and positions

someone said on the s/c board that you will still have to wait till the 1st of feb for prices and positions

If you're signed up to the Assistant Coach, then you get a 'planner' from mid-December. I guess from then you'll be able to go to other sites to see all of the prices after they're copied out of there... ;)

However... they will be subject to change.

There is an issue with the actual salary cap at this stage because there isn't an official figure. Quite interesting... the players are dictating the salary cap in DT at the moment!
Just a few posts above ours. ;)

Does anyone have the fantasy freako scores for all the NAB games + other games before round 1?

Does anyone know where to find the ladder of how sides scored last year (2011)? eg: Geelong, Collingwood ect

There was the Fantasy Freako Pre-Season Rave for scores during the NAB Series.

Also, at the bottom of http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/?p=statscentre is a ladder of how sides scored. :)

Yep, even if we have three trades during those rounds I still think it is certain we will get a zero or two. I think we should get 4 trades per round during the bye period.

I've done the maths and I can't see anyone avoiding a donut...unless they pick a diverse bunch of donkeys, which would mean avoiding the donut would be useless.

Anyone who avoids the donut with a solid team deserves the advantage....

Having said that I'm still trying to work out that magic formula

There was the Fantasy Freako Pre-Season Rave for scores during the NAB Series.

Also, at the bottom of http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/?p=statscentre is a ladder of how sides scored. :)

Thanks i found that

Might have to look at DTT to find the fantasy freako

I've done the maths and I can't see anyone avoiding a donut...unless they pick a diverse bunch of donkeys, which would mean avoiding the donut would be useless.

Anyone who avoids the donut with a solid team deserves the advantage....

Having said that I'm still trying to work out that magic formula

But the formula will all change come March

Congrats on your SC effort, hows the car?

Why do you think you did so well last year in SC? also did well in DT from memory

Are you more into DT or SC for the upcoming next year

But the formula will all change come March

^^I think he is talking about the ultimate combination of players to give himself the best possible chance of negotiating the cluster byes and hence winning the competition....again! ;)

Spot on :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't expect to be in top 100 in 2012, but if I get a solid overall rank of top 1,000 I'll be happy - well not really, but it will be acceptable (I guess :confused: lol)

I hope they introduce something like upto 5 trades that are automatically reversed at the end of the round for each of the byes.

My current team has the folling numbers missing in each round.

Rd 11 - 9 missing of which 5 are on the field
Rd 12 - 10 missing of which 9 are on the field
Rd 13 - 11 missing of which 8 are on the field

So with some carefull planning and temporary trades I should be able to avoid a donut.

Whether you still get your 2 permanant trades in these rounds I'm not sure but it's a idea worth pondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back