Mega Thread Random recruiting hypotheticals etc 2011 - II

Remove this Banner Ad

So which young KPF's would we be looking at...?

Sam Reid (Sydney)
Aaron Cornelius (Brisbane)
Liam Jones (Bulldogs)
Jarrad Grant (Bulldogs)
Aaron Black (Kangaroos)
Jack Gunston (Adelaide)

They were merely names off the top of my head so their clubs may have no intention of trading them - just trying to get an idea of who we might actually be looking at. Who's a good fit for us and who might we actually get?

I would love Sam Reid at Carlton and think he would be perfect, I just can't imagine Sydney (rightfully so) ever considering trading him, unless it was an insane offer. Who's realistic?

Young up and coming KPF will be near on impossible to get. We need to look at clubs on the decline who are willing to offload an aging star for some draft picks or young players.

Nick Reiwoldt comes to mind.

Saints window is shut, Saints will know this and at 29, Reiwoldt will not be part of their next premiership. The saints will be desperate for some early picks and possibly a young player.

Not sure what they would want in return, but names like Russell, Bower, Lucas and co keep getting thrown around, add pick 22 to this and we could possibly get a deal.

Carlton's premiership window is wide open as of 2012, don't worry about paying over the odds for a young up and comer, get a ready made that can offer 2-3 good years and we could possibly snag one as early as next year.

Young up and coming KPF will be near on impossible to get. We need to look at clubs on the decline who are willing to offload an aging star for some draft picks or young players.

Nick Reiwoldt comes to mind.

Saints window is shut, Saints will know this and at 29, Reiwoldt will not be part of their next premiership. The saints will be desperate for some early picks and possibly a young player.

Not sure what they would want in return, but names like Russell, Bower, Lucas and co keep getting thrown around, add pick 22 to this and we could possibly get a deal.

Carlton's premiership window is wide open as of 2012, don't worry about paying over the odds for a young up and comer, get a ready made that can offer 2-3 good years and we could possibly snag one as early as next year.

notsureifsrs.jpg

russell/bower + 22 for Nick Reiwoldt? wow :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue sky thinking I know - but would either of these work:

Hampson and 1st rounder for Dawes?

Lucas, Setanta & 2nd rounder for Sam Reid?

Posted this in another thread, probably belongs here too.

I really do think that we need another experienced body through the midfield.

I would like us to target someone like Kane Cornes. While I've never like any of the Cornes brothers I think with some good support around him, he could really flourish to his full potential.

Haven't gone through each page but has anyone thrown up Dean Galea from Port Melbourne as stop gap KPF for next year?
Seems to be a full forward only but each time I watch VFL he seems to dominate.
Can definitely catch it and kick it and has a strong mature body (26 yrs old)
Wouldnt cost anything and at worst provide cover for injuries / youngsters developing.
Could be a JPod type solution for the Blues?
Any avid VFL watchers that can shed their opinion?

Blue sky thinking I know - but would either of these work:

Hampson and 1st rounder for Dawes?

Lucas, Setanta & 2nd rounder for Sam Reid?

Mate at this point I'd be asking for two top 10 picks to even consider Trading Reid. And even then I'd have to look at who might go top 10 just to make sure.

I know at this point of the year all supporters love to dream of what trades they could make, but even that one is going a bit far ;)

Sam Ried really doesn't look like a realistic target, unless he nominated us as a prefered destination which would be highly unlikely you would imagine.

Dawes too would be very hard to manage, but probably slightly more realistic.

Is Dawes even that good?

Galea's only about 188cm and while he's a strong unit and has a great set of dukes, he isn't overly gifted athletically......IMO wouldn't cut it as a KPF and possibly not athletic enough to suit our forward press and compete with Walker for a spot as a third tall

We should look at Gunston but only for the right price

I am very willing to trade Bower, definitely want to keep Lucas, he will be quality. I am 50/50 on Hampson, his late VFL goal kicking form was promising.

I agree with gbatman that we should develop Watson as a forward, with Waite fit and a second ruck man plus Thornton i think we can manage without a KPF.

we should be aiming to get a good inside mid, first hands, in and under type player to support Judd and Murphy. Who? I don't know, i think its best to wait to see who wants to leave their club

Galea's only about 188cm and while he's a strong unit and has a great set of dukes, he isn't overly gifted athletically......IMO wouldn't cut it as a KPF and possibly not athletic enough to suit our forward press and compete with Walker for a spot as a third tall

:thumbsu: thanks Splendini

Yeah, looks to be a stay at home full-forward similar in type to Fev, game has probably gone past this type of footballer now

Who knows down then track though....May come back into vogue one day.

Have similar hopes for my wardrobe :D

If Mitch Clark leaves Brissie for Freo and Brissie get Freo's first rounder (16), could we trade Hampson with our first rounder (22) for the Freo pick (16) and their second rounder (30)

Or in a visually easier equation:

Hampson + Pick 22

Pick 16 + 30

We get a 6 pick upgrade in the first and pick 30 for Hampson.

If Mitch Clark leaves Brissie for Freo and Brissie get Freo's first rounder (16), could we trade Hampson with our first rounder (22) for the Freo pick (16) and their second rounder (30)

Or in a visually easier equation:

Hampson + Pick 22

Pick 16 + 30

We get a 6 pick upgrade in the first and pick 30 for Hampson.

Think that would be a win for us. Not so sure for Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Random recruiting hypotheticals etc 2011 - II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back