Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

was -5 today

-12 in the middle of tas
Man... it will get down to 12 overnight here, and I whinge because it's cold! And I turned the heater on at 4 pm to ensure it didn't get too cold.

Man... it will get down to 12 overnight here, and I whinge because it's cold! And I turned the heater on at 4 pm to ensure it didn't get too cold.

This has been an unusually cold week , it's pretty rare in my years alive the footpath is icy all day, made going for a run at night problematic.

But yeah as I get older prefer the heat and sunshine 🌞

My whinge- got like a chesty cough infection and it's icy as **** outside so can't run

drives my crazy
Am currently with sore back and very active dog not happy with the No Walkies today explanation. There's only so many cardboard boxes I can throw out back for her to shred to keep her distracted.

Australian houses are probably some of the worst houses I've ever lived in.

No insulation, holes everywhere, building standards my ass.
They were never great - but they let the big building firms have too much say in regulation and oversight and now everyone can build houses made of ticky tacky.

They were never great - but they let the big building firms have too much say in regulation and oversight and now everyone can build houses made of ticky tacky.

New houses come with 10 year structural warranties

10 years is **** all time for structural issues to appear, sans something completely broken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New houses come with 10 year structural warranties

10 years is **** all time for structural issues to appear, sans something completely broken.
Builder declares bankruptcy oh noes too bad so sad is pretty much what happens.

Australian houses are probably some of the worst houses I've ever lived in.

No insulation, holes everywhere, building standards my ass.
Absolutely. Just appallingly inefficient. And never built to a northern aspect except by accident, which can save hundreds of dollars a year in heating.

Absolutely. Just appallingly inefficient. And never built to a northern aspect except by accident, which can save hundreds of dollars a year in heating.

Are you somehow suggesting that the sun plays an impact in how hot/cold my house is?

Can someone explain this to the myriad of builders/architects out there?

Are you somehow suggesting that the sun plays an impact in how hot/cold my house is?

Can someone explain this to the myriad of builders/architects out there?
We Aussies really do settle for second best way too much.

Sometimes think the best thing any billionaire philanthropist who cares about the country could do, is give every Australian a return flight to Scandinavia to see how sensible people live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back