Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't AAMI already do this by making you download their app?

No Insurance company in Australia currently does this. It’s a “selling point” for a couple of insurers in the UK and US that I’m aware of.

RACV and NRMA trialed it a decade back with an in built device similar to a Satnav but it was discontinued as they couldn’t find enough people to take part in the trial.

No Insurance company in Australia currently does this. It’s a “selling point” for a couple of insurers in the UK and US that I’m aware of.

RACV and NRMA trialed it a decade back with an in built device similar to a Satnav but it was discontinued as they couldn’t find enough people to take part in the trial.

I know the toyota app gives you a driver rating score for your drive, they also offer insurance. I know wonder if they're tracking that data & will potentially offer it as part of their insurance package in the future? bad driver = more insurance premium

Thanks! Good to know... maybe I will insure with them after all

Dunno, but I refuse to install any apps on my phone.
I do enjoy the looks of confusion when they ask for an email address and I say no. You have my phone # you can send me through the details on that.

And don't even get me started on the "do you have store card' rort.

They will try again. Too much opportunity to be able to sell the data onwards as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back