judd2carlton

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2007
burma
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
BLUES
He is my favourite by a long way. He had a very distinct sound, and you could spot his runaway pound from a mile away. Second comes John Bonham, whom i also rate very very highly. When your band splits up because of your death, you know have done something right. Back to Moon though.

Moon is my second fav... after Bonham. ;)

I find it incredible how he stopped using the high-hat, and just used his spash, ride etc instead.

Moon is my second fav... after Bonham. ;)

I find it incredible how he stopped using the high-hat, and just used his spash, ride etc instead.
These two are very very good. They took drumming to a whole new level. I just watched The Song Remains The Same today thinking that Bonham would have gone very well as a front man. A damn shame he was tucked away in back like normal drummers. He was not a normal drummer imo. As tempting as it is, i really want these thread to remain a Moon appreciation thread. So i'll take it back to Moon. A damn legend.:):thumbsu:

Only a matter of time before people come out with bollocks such as "The Who WERE Keith's band".:rolleyes:

Rate him highly though.
Just relax mate. I'm not saying that they were Keiths band. Rogers vocals, Petes guitar and songwriting were essential to The Who. It just happens to be that their Rythm section were a hell of a good one.:thumbsu:

Absolute ____ing legend!!

DRUMSTICKS AND DESTRUCTION!

The true beauty of Keith was he just did whatever the hell he wanted when he played.

He didn't conform to what drummers did at the time and most still do today.

Yeah, he's not bad, although when I heard he couldn't manage a 6/8 time signature, I did worry.

BUT he embodies all that is fun and good about that time period- excess, bliss. An icon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just relax mate. I'm not saying that they were Keiths band. Rogers vocals, Petes guitar and songwriting were essential to The Who. It just happens to be that their Rythm section were a hell of a good one.:thumbsu:
Wasn't actually referring t you, but if you pop "Keith Moon" into the search engine you will see a few other similar threads that invariably culminate in "The Who were Keith's band, man".

I like the drumming in Happy Jack.

It's just like the rest of the band are doing one song, and Keith, well Keith's just bashing away to his own beat not worrying too much about what the rest of the band is doing.

Priceless.

He is basically entirely responsible for Baba O'Riley, considering how good his drumming is on that track, and that he orchestrated the violin solo as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

B-Sides Rate a drummer - Keith Moon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back