B-Sides Rate a genre: New Rave

Remove this Banner Ad

meh.if the power goes out I'm going home no matter who the band.

New rave is carp though.

Whatever they call Underworld's genre is pretty good.Progressive trance?i can handle a fair dose of that.

Yep, about as much musical value as a wet fish....

lol at the tryhard comedians and rock nerds bagging new rave as electronic computer music

they play instuments you muppets!!!

lol at the tryhard comedians and rock nerds bagging new rave as electronic computer music

they play instuments you muppets!!!

Having someone play a token guitar to go along with the drum machines and synthesisers doesn't give it music cred.

And don't say that's not what New Rave is because it ****ing well is.

It's jsut another poxy genre name that wasn't really needed because what they do is nothing new.

Let's investigate further. 3 bands classified as "new-rave."

Klaxons
CSS
NYPC

Klaxons - 1 set of drums, 2 bassists, 2 keyboards, 2 vocalists Whoa!

CSS - 3 drummers, 2 bassists, 4 guitarists, 1 harmonica, 2 vocalists Whoa!!

NYPC - 1 Guitar, 1 Bass, 1 Keyboard, 1 set of drums, 1 vocalist WHOA!!!

Seems to me that these guys are multi-talented, but oh well.

The term New Rave apears to have been coined by the NME. I used to read that magazine religiously, but it descended into a joke - Its so desperate to to appear hip & on the cutting edge.

Most 'scenes' bubble along quite nicely without the involvement on the mainstream magazines.

The sort of music described by 'New Rave' has been around for years & years didnt need a new name as if it is some kind of new movement.

Let's investigate further. 3 bands classified as "new-rave."

Klaxons
CSS
NYPC

Klaxons - 1 set of drums, 2 bassists, 2 keyboards, 2 vocalists Whoa!

CSS - 3 drummers, 2 bassists, 4 guitarists, 1 harmonica, 2 vocalists Whoa!!

NYPC - 1 Guitar, 1 Bass, 1 Keyboard, 1 set of drums, 1 vocalist WHOA!!!

Seems to me that these guys are multi-talented, but oh well.

Except you left out the part where The Klaxons said they aren't new rave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klaxons are OK, not into any of the others though.

I don't know if this is what you'd call The Postal Service, but I can't stand them.

Yup - I bought their CD without really giving it a proper listen & was major-ly dissapointed. There was only about 2 good songs on it ...

and you beleive it?

they are new rave plain and simple

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MpWgW7-0esU

**** me, instuments!

I don't give a **** what you say, you're a nobody.

The Klaxons said they aren't new rave so they aren't, end story.

Just as i beleived The Ramones when they said they weren't a punk band.

It's not hard to fathom really.

Buddy the thing is none of these bands are "new rave" it's a non-existant genre (in the modern non-Blondie sense). All these bands are modern electronic rock (or for the numptys, a simple rock band that use a keyboard or such). All these bands (as far as I know) do NOT refer to themselves as New Rave, but as either Electronic Rock, Electroclash, Dance Punk or the like, as that IS what they are. Get a grasp of that, and the class may be over :rolleyes:

the presets(awesome), cut copy, muscles all could be called new rave, although im terrible at putting bands into genres.

the presets(awesome), cut copy, muscles all could be called new rave, although im terrible at putting bands into genres.
I wouldn't classify them as new rave neither, just electro bands, ie, The Presets only use keyboards and drums. That said, The Presets are one of my favourite bands, and I am seeing them again in just over 2 weeks at the Lovebox Weekender.

I don't give a **** what you say, you're a nobody.

The Klaxons said they aren't new rave so they aren't, end story.

Just as i beleived The Ramones when they said they weren't a punk band.

It's not hard to fathom really.

of course they wouldnt classify themselves in such a genre because everyone wants to be "original" and "unique"

klaxons are the pioneers of new rave so i dont give a **** if you dont want to beleive it or not its the facts

kimirocks :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

B-Sides Rate a genre: New Rave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back