Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My i can't sleep effort...

DEF: Delidio, Yarran, Heppel, Conca, Schoenmakers, Stratton, Clarke (Ellis, Mohr)
MID: Selwood, Watson, Cotchin, Thomas, Lucas, Coniglio (Kavanagh, Treloar)
RUCK:Mumford, Maric (Derickx, Stephensen)
FOR: Franklin, J.Riewoldt, Nicoski, Darling, Matera, Karnezis, Miller (Saad, Zorko)

I'm sure i'll wind up reviewing this myself when i'm less sleep deprived and find myself going why the hell did i pick them :p Forwards i'm sure i've stuffed up, sitting on 55k as well.

Agreed!
In the bin!
Start again!

Re: Rate My SuperCoach Team 2012

Oh ok i must have misread! still though, happy to play this out for a little bit if he starts off well!

Yeah i agree, but lucky they give us 24 trades ey? lol:thumbsu:

I know Rhyce isnt a conventional pick but in all seriousness he can play and score well, Kennelly is gone which free's up his run and carry game.

Also this is just a pre Rd1 side, there could be a player who just demands to be picked over him which ill happily do, he's no way set in stone!

this side could change drastically before round 1!

You'll need 34 trades with that strategy.

DEF: C.Yarran, S.Hurn, P.Hanley, J.Grimes, B.Lake, P.Davis, M.Clarke (B.Smedts, B.Wilkes)
MID: A.Swallow (c.), J.Redden, D.Martin, B.Sewell, C.Masten, M.Wallis (D.Pfeiffer, J.McDonald)
RUC: Z.Smith, M.Kreuzer (S.Rowe, O.Stephensen)
FWD: P.Chapman, C.Sylvia, D.Zaharakis, J.Lewis, J.Brown, G.Rohan, J.Porplyzia (T.Walsh, A.Pattison)

Given that I'm attempting to take supercoach seriously this year (i.e keep touching it after round 5!), any assistance with regards to an approach would be magnificent. Do I ditch speculatives such as Masten, Wallis and Gaz Rohan and starts the aforementioned rookies/cheapies in their place? For instance, removing Davis for a Buntine and funnelling that extra $120k into upgrades in the midfield to true 'premiums'. Then the issue of which generates more as a cashcow - a 'maybe' like a Lucas/Caddy/Colyer or a rookie like Coniglio - rears its head. Or whether these gambles will produce 90-100 each week? Also considering Hamish Hartlett (another speculative). Or using all those cash cows on the bench to upgrade those gambles? Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

You won't need to touch it after rd 7, you'll be out of trades! Some very unique and high risk/high reward picks in there. But generally speaking, you'll be trading your way out of trouble early.

Back line;

Davis, won't reach premium status. Hanley is iffy at best. Hurn might be OK and so might Yarran but for mine, you don't have a single out & out premium in your back line. You're betting that more one of the mid pricers you've got will go premium. That's a lot of betting.

Mids;

Swallow is a gun but the rest are doubtful at best. Redden could break out and Martin should be in your fwd line. Ditch the other mid pricers/premiums and go elsewhere.

Rucks;

Smith is going to be up against it this year and much better options out there.

Fwds;

Sylvia, Lewis, Rohan. Dump them. May go up in value but not anything like you want them to and you'll be trading them out. Pattison is a lot of money on the bench (But I can see you're going for DPP coverage).

Ill remember that next time sorry boss :)

Here is a slight change .. any thoughts lads?

Goddard Lids Broughton
Yarran Lake Clarke Morris ( Brown , Blee )

Ablett Boyd J.Selwood
Watson Sheil Kavanagh ( Mitchell Horsley )

McKevoy HMac ( Giles Stephenson )

Buddy Martin Cloke
Jroo JBrown Pferefier Saad ( Panos Delolio )

Don't mind this team at all. Rucks are a little weak (maybe) but your call.

Defenders
Newman , Yarran , Grimes , Goddard , Hargrave , Ellis , Bugg (Redpath , Morris )

Midfielders
Priddis , Abblett , Murphy , Boyd , Swan , Tyson (Wingard , Neale )

Rucks
Krezuer , Giles (Derrickx , Stephenson )

Forwards
Franklin , Fyfe , Rioli , Porplyzia , Brown , Traloar , Weedon (Rowe , Dickson )

What do use think ?

Wow.. loading up the midfield. Nothing wrong with that, but you have to pay for it elsewhere. in your case, in teh rucks & fwds.

Will old man Newman maintain his scoring? Hard to see it happening.

Fyfe is over priced I think but time will tell. How does the team look in the bye weekends?

You'll need 34 trades with that strategy.

Yeah, appreciate your opinion!

Ive already swapped Rhyce out anyways and replaced him with Hurn for the time being!

Id be interested in getting your opinon on where i'd need 34 trades to get my side up to scratch?

Since my side is in the last thread ill re-post it here for you with the only change being made is Rhyce Shaw out - Shannon Hurn in and moving Deledio to the midfield to utilize his MPP instead of Koby Stevens in there.

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hurn, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis, Wilkes
Emg: Morris, L.Brown

CTR: Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Deledio, Hayes, McDonald
Emg: Neale, Gibson

RUCK: Leuenberger, Giles
Emg: Derickx, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Hurley, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer
Emg: Smedts, Cameron

Any opinon would be greatly appreciated, i just dont see where you coming from in regards to needing 34 trades to get this up2 scratch!
As mentioned earlier, Defence is obvioulsy something ill be looking for upgrade targets as prices/form go up and down and with Deledio eventually being slotted back into defence opening up another Premium Mid spot.

I will pose this question to everyone though in regards to rucks, now having a rookie like giles who may give you anywhere from 60-90+ pts a week, how does that differ from having a rookie in say your mids or defence when they are the rookies more prone to being Subs? a rookie ruckman who will play as many games as possible compared to a rookie mid/fwd/def who is honestly more chance to be subbed either at the start for fresh legs later in the game or at the end of the game for running out of steam!

Cheers guys :thumbsu:

Okay - so here is Version 2 of my SC team.

I'm not convinced on Deledio's start to the season to justify his price, and I am going to take a punt on having only a 3 Premium forward line and use it for some of the projected cash cows.

What this has allowed me to do is to have a monster ruck, a solid midfield combination, and a good back-line.

Still toying with whether to introduce Franklin instead of Goodes, Fyfe or Martin for season start.

PREMIUM / Rookie
BACKS - GODDARD, H. SHAW, ENRIGHT, BIRCHALL / Buntine, M. Clarke, Docherty, Ellis, Morris

MID - PENDLEBURY, ABLETT, M. MURPHY, MUNDY / Shiel, Kavanagh, McDonald, T. Mitchell

RUCK - COX, SANDILANDS / Giles, Stephenson

FORWARD - GOODES, FYFE, MARTIN / Tomlinson, Saad, Smedts, Treloar, Zorko, Kerridge

Remaining Cap - $133,200

Yeah, appreciate your opinion!

Ive already swapped Rhyce out anyways and replaced him with Hurn for the time being!

Id be interested in getting your opinon on where i'd need 34 trades to get my side up to scratch?

Since my side is in the last thread ill re-post it here for you with the only change being made is Rhyce Shaw out - Shannon Hurn in and moving Deledio to the midfield to utilize his MPP instead of Koby Stevens in there.

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hurn, Grimes, Hargrave, Ellis, Wilkes
Emg: Morris, L.Brown

CTR: Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Deledio, Hayes, McDonald
Emg: Neale, Gibson

RUCK: Leuenberger, Giles
Emg: Derickx, Stephenson

FWD: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Hurley, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer
Emg: Smedts, Cameron

Any opinon would be greatly appreciated, i just dont see where you coming from in regards to needing 34 trades to get this up2 scratch!
As mentioned earlier, Defence is obvioulsy something ill be looking for upgrade targets as prices/form go up and down and with Deledio eventually being slotted back into defence opening up another Premium Mid spot.

I will pose this question to everyone though in regards to rucks, now having a rookie like giles who may give you anywhere from 60-90+ pts a week, how does that differ from having a rookie in say your mids or defence when they are the rookies more prone to being Subs? a rookie ruckman who will play as many games as possible compared to a rookie mid/fwd/def who is honestly more chance to be subbed either at the start for fresh legs later in the game or at the end of the game for running out of steam!

Cheers guys :thumbsu:

FWIW, 34 was a random number. The point is, trades are gold and mid priced players are like girls from Broady. They'll steal all your gold and then run away and you leaving you with nothing and feeling very empty.

The strategy is simple. At the end of the season, you want to have 7 premium backs, 6 premium mids, 7 premium fwds, 2 premium rucks. Of the following mid priced players you have selected;

Grimes
Sidebottom
Hargrave
Hurn
Hayes
Hurley

Which of these will make the top 10 in their respective positions?

A mid pricer should only be picked if you think they are going to be a premium at the end of the year. Otherwise you're stuck with a player that is;

1. Not making enough points.
2. Not making you any money.
3. Sooner or later going to cost you a trade.

Obviously you can't start with all premiums but at least a rookie will help you earn $$'s which you can parlay into the next premium in you line. I have a cple of mid pricers myself but only because I think they will be premiums. Unless you're sure that they'll become premiums, or generate a SIGNIFICANT amount of cash, keep away from them.

The strategy is simple. At the end of the season, you want to have 7 premium backs, 6 premium mids, 7 premium fwds, 2 premium rucks.

A mid pricer should only be picked if you think they are going to be a premium at the end of the year.

This :thumbsu:

Havnt had a chance to see much recent footy so just put a team together let me know what you guys think

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Buntine, Ellis, Spurr, Bugg, (Smedts, Wilkes)

Abblet, Swan, Murphy Selwood, Sidebottom, Shiel, (McDonald, Mitchell)

Mumford, Minson, (Giles, Stephenson)

Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Saad, Zorko, Treloar, (Rowe, Dickson)

BACKS: Goddard Deledio Shaw
Enright Suckling Bower Ellis ( Bugg brown )

MIDS: Ablett Swan Body
Scully Morabito Shiel (Kavanagh Mitchell )

Rucks: Goldstein Giles ( Stephensen Derickx )

Forwards: Franklin Cloke Pavlich
Zaharakis Porplyzia Cooyou Zorko ( Smedt Weedon )

thoughts ?????

Replies are much appreciated.

DEF: Goddard Deledio Shaw Enright Suckling Ellis L.Brown (Spurr,Wilkes)

MID: Ablett Swan Murphy Priddis Shiel Mitchell (Kavanagh,J.McDonald)

RUCK: Leuenberger Giles (Rowe,Stephensen)

FOR: Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Smedts Treloar Kerridge (Zorko,Dell'Olio)

$43,300 left over.

Thanks.

here is my team for now, and suggestions or criticisms

GODDARD, ADCOCK , J. TRENGOVE, J GRIMES, B LAKE, C DEMPSEY, S FROST
M CLARK, T GOLDS..

G ABLETT, M MURPHY, J WATSON, D RICH , J ZIEBELL, L HAYES,
A MORABITO, J McDONALD...

B RENOUF, O STEPHENSON, J GILES, T CAMPBELL...

L FRANKLIN, P CHAPMAN, R PETTERD, J WATTS, J WINDERLICH, J PORPLYZIA,
B RETZLAFF, S DAY, B SMEDTS....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs tweaking obviously.

Backs Deledio, HShaw, Enright, Grimes, Armstrong, Buntine, Clarke. (Smedts, Sierakowski)

Mids Ablett, Swan, Selwood, JKennedy, Morabito, Pfeiffer, (Hampton, Mitchell)

Rucks Mumford, Kreuzer (Rowe, Stephenson)

Forwards Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, NRiewoldt, L Johnston, Saad, Walsh, (Zorko, Treloar).

Haven't looked at byes.
Feedback appreciated.

Can you post your thoughts on this team?

B: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Murphy Hargrave M.Clarke Ellis (Tomlinson Wilkes)

M: Ablett Boyd Thomas Pavlich Shiel J.McDonald (D.Buckley T.Mitchell)

R: Jacobs Kreuzer (Giles Stephenson)

F: Franklin Goodes Martin Monfries Porplyzia Treloar Walsh (D.Smith Smedts)

Cap $29,100

Needs tweaking obviously.

Backs Deledio, HShaw, Enright, Grimes, Armstrong, Buntine, Clarke. (Smedts, Sierakowski)

Mids Ablett, Swan, Selwood, JKennedy, Morabito, Pfeiffer, (Hampton, Mitchell)

Rucks Mumford, Kreuzer (Rowe, Stephenson)

Forwards Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, NRiewoldt, L Johnston, Saad, Walsh, (Zorko, Treloar).

Haven't looked at byes.
Feedback appreciated.

OK....

Good backs. Pretty much what everyone is going with.

Mids are good. But do u think Josh P can go "elite" this year??? SC wise anyway? He is a gun (Still can't believe Hawthorn gave him up for a packet of chips and threw in McGlynn as a sweetner!!!).

Like those rucks.

Fwds are interesting. I'd really prefer to see Franklin in there. Especially ahead of Fyfe. See you thinking like a Swans supporter though. LJ going to bite us on the ass? I see you hedged your bets with Armstrong though..... :p:p

Can you post your thoughts on this team?

B: Goddard Deledio H.Shaw Murphy Hargrave M.Clarke Ellis (Tomlinson Wilkes)

M: Ablett Boyd Thomas Pavlich Shiel J.McDonald (D.Buckley T.Mitchell)

R: Jacobs Kreuzer (Giles Stephenson)

F: Franklin Goodes Martin Monfries Porplyzia Treloar Walsh (D.Smith Smedts)

Cap $29,100

Not sure about Murphy or Hargrave. Don't pick a player solely based on an MPP link.

Mids are interesting but I don't think Thomas will outscore Swan & Pendles and will therefore be at their expense. Not sure on Pav in the mids either.

Rucks are unique but look solid and more.

Monfries is a big no from me. Defensive fwd has sub 60 scores written all over him. Not what you want in a premium priced fwd.

hey fella's.
here is my first attempt this year. any pointers would be appreciated.

D: Goddard, Deliedio, H. Shaw, Grimes, Suban, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (Mohr, Bugg)
M: Ablett, Swan, J. Selwood, D. Martin, K. Stevens, Clifton (J. Mcdonald, L.Brown)
R: Sandilands, Kruezer (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Buddy, N. Fyfe, P. Chapman, C. Rioli, Smedts, Treloar, T. Walsh (Kerridge, Cooyou)

DPP Of L.Brown and D. Martin helps link up mids with fwds and backs which is handy come bye time. probably fwds bit light on

hey fella's.
here is my first attempt this year. any pointers would be appreciated.

D: Goddard, Deliedio, H. Shaw, Grimes, Suban, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (Mohr, Bugg)
M: Ablett, Swan, J. Selwood, D. Martin, K. Stevens, Clifton (J. Mcdonald, L.Brown)
R: Sandilands, Kruezer (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Buddy, N. Fyfe, P. Chapman, C. Rioli, Smedts, Treloar, T. Walsh (Kerridge, Cooyou)

DPP Of L.Brown and D. Martin helps link up mids with fwds and backs which is handy come bye time. probably fwds bit light on

quite good really however
suban is better than he scores but this year who knows
d.martin seems to be wasting a future gun mid spot i'd have him as a gun fwd and leave zorko in his place and ditch chappy or a fwd rookie
PAV looks good this year i'd go him over chappy anyway
no interest in JB?

yer i love JB as a player, but i dont think he'll score as well as some of the other fwds. i expect brisbane to struggle this year and he'll prob be battling two defenders half the time. good point about Pav, might try and squeeze him in there. think chappy will have a good year though.
suban i think will have a good year, but as he is a midpricer (good value IMO), i cant really see him becoming 90+ppg player so might ditch him before rd1 for a rookie.
Martin into FWDs for Chappy.
Get in M.Murphy into Midfield if i can afford it.

here is my team for now, and suggestions or criticisms

GODDARD, ADCOCK , J. TRENGOVE, J GRIMES, B LAKE, C DEMPSEY, S FROST
M CLARK, T GOLDS..

G ABLETT, M MURPHY, J WATSON, D RICH , J ZIEBELL, L HAYES,
A MORABITO, J McDONALD...

B RENOUF, O STEPHENSON, J GILES, T CAMPBELL...

L FRANKLIN, P CHAPMAN, R PETTERD, J WATTS, J WINDERLICH, J PORPLYZIA,
B RETZLAFF, S DAY, B SMEDTS....

A lot of mid-priced players in your team, unless that's the strategy you're going for I'd upgrade some of them to premiums and downgrade the others to rookies. That way, you'll keep your premiums until the end (barring injury) and make money from your rookies. The bolded ones should stay in my opinion, but reconsider the others.

Also, if you're going with the one ruck strategy you'll need a better first ruckman than Renouf (Sandilands, Cox, Mumford, Goldstein, McEvoy, Leuenberger, etc.)

Guys my 1st team for this year.

Any advice would be helpfull.

B: Goodard, Deledio, Fisher, Hurn, Dempsey, Buntine, Clarke (Smedts, Morris)

M: Swan, Ablett, Selwood, Melksham, Coniglio, Morabito, (K.Stevens, Mitchell)

R: Sandilands, Kruezer (Rowe, Stephensen)

F: Buddy, Pavlich, Martin, N Roo, Brynes, Zorko, Treloar (Weedon, T Walsh)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back