Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, thoughts and advice on below team would be much apprecaited, in return i will rate the next 5 teams that go up, or if you want to PM me i will rate your team in return.

BACKS

GODDARD (PREMIUM)
DELEDIO (PREMIUM)
SHAW (PREMIUM)
BROUGHTON (PREMIUM)
LAKE (POTENTIAL PREMIUM OR UPGRADER)
ELLIS (CASH COW)
DARLEY (CASH COW)

(BUGG - CASH COW)
(MORRIS - CASH COW)

MIDS
ABLETT (PREMIUM)
BOYD (PREMIUM)
SELWOOD (PREMIUM)
MASTEN (BREAK OUT YEAR/M7?)
CONIGLO (CASH COW)
SHIEL (CASH COW)

(MACDONALD - CASH COW)
(MAGNER - CASH COW)

RUCKS
SANDILANDS (PREMIUM)
KREUZER (PREMIUM)

(GILES - CASH COW)
(REDDEN - CASH COW)

FWDS
FRANKLIN (PREMIUM)
FYFE (PREMIUM)
CHAPMAN (PREMIUM)
MARTIN (PREMIUM)
PORPLYZIA (LATE UPGRADER)
D.SMITH (CASH COW)
A.KENNEDY (CASH COW)

(HALL - CASH COW)
(CAMERON - CASH COW)

$84,000 LEFT IN THE BANK

* First of I'd say Masten is a massive risk, judging by his pre season form he's in for a big year, in saying that its only pre season.

*Broughton. I don't think theres a midfield spot for him unless there is injuries...but in saying that Ross is now the coach which may mean a lot of playing with the pill in the back half... judging by his days at St Kilda.

*Is Chapmans best behind him ? I don't think it is.

*If i was going to go for a high priced rookie I would personally go Caddy over Coniglio, I think he's up for plenty of midfield time, he's a year older and had an extra year in the system with around $30,000 difference.

*I'm worried about Sandilands and his fitness

* I like your gambles with Lake and Porp.

Its a very good side. Good job.

Repost

Hey all, thoughts and advice on below team would be much apprecaited, in return i will rate the next 5 teams that go up, or if you want to PM me i will rate your team in return.

BACKS

GODDARD (PREMIUM)
DELEDIO (PREMIUM)
SHAW (PREMIUM)
BROUGHTON (PREMIUM)
LAKE (POTENTIAL PREMIUM OR UPGRADER)
ELLIS (CASH COW)
DARLEY (CASH COW)

(BUGG - CASH COW)
(MORRIS - CASH COW)

MIDS
ABLETT (PREMIUM)
BOYD (PREMIUM)
SELWOOD (PREMIUM)
MASTEN (BREAK OUT YEAR/M7?)
CONIGLO (CASH COW)
SHIEL (CASH COW)

(MACDONALD - CASH COW)
(MAGNER - CASH COW)

RUCKS
SANDILANDS (PREMIUM)
KREUZER (PREMIUM)

(GILES - CASH COW)
(REDDEN - CASH COW)

FWDS
FRANKLIN (PREMIUM)
FYFE (PREMIUM)
CHAPMAN (PREMIUM)
MARTIN (PREMIUM)
PORPLYZIA (LATE UPGRADER)
D.SMITH (CASH COW)
A.KENNEDY (CASH COW)

(HALL - CASH COW)
(CAMERON - CASH COW)

$84,000 LEFT IN THE BANK
  • My theory was to go for at least 4 premiums in fwds and backs.
  • One risky e.g. Lake & Porp
  • Midfield was 3 premiums + one potential m7.....i have Masten but could swap back to Lenny Hayes if needs be? (would require me to downgrade Chapman to Jordan Lewis)
  • All rookies can be swapped pending teams being named.
  • Only going for league win, so byes aren't an issue.
Appreciate any feedback as i've changed my team so many times it's not funny!

* First of I'd say Masten is a massive risk, judging by his pre season form he's in for a big year, in saying that its only pre season.

*Broughton. I don't think theres a midfield spot for him unless there is injuries...but in saying that Ross is now the coach which may mean a lot of playing with the pill in the back half... judging by his days at St Kilda.

*Is Chapmans best behind him ? I don't think it is.

*If i was going to go for a high priced rookie I would personally go Caddy over Coniglio, I think he's up for plenty of midfield time, he's a year older and had an extra year in the system with around $30,000 difference.

*I'm worried about Sandilands and his fitness

* I like your gambles with Lake and Porp.

Its a very good side. Good job.

Thanks for that.

Masten is a risk, my other option was to downgrade Chappy to J.Lewis, and then upgrade Masten to Hayes who imo will be good.

I'm not too worried about Broughton as even in backline he still gets points, and no doubt will get used through midfield i am sure.

With Chappy i could downgrade to J.Lewis who imo will score consistently.

Caddy is looking more and more appealing, cheers.

Sandilands will be my point of difference as everyone is worried about his fitness, but lets be honest hes a gun and if it takes 1 - 2 weeks im fine with that.

Lake/Porps will make or break, but at least a lot of others will have them and take that risk also.

Been out of it since NAB Cup R1. Trying to catch up on all the rookies changes based on them playing.

Thoughts on the below?

Thanks!

What do you guys honestly think of having Kerr & Hayes in the same team? Too high of a risk? Both are fairly cheap but i have been burnt with kerr before and hayes is coming back from a knee, although both have looked pretty solid in the pre season.

What do you guys honestly think of having Kerr & Hayes in the same team? Too high of a risk? Both are fairly cheap but i have been burnt with kerr before and hayes is coming back from a knee, although both have looked pretty solid in the pre season.

Hayes and Kerr both look good. Kerr is far riskier. St.Kilda's possession rate will decrease under Watters I feel and this may hurt Lenny in terms of the ball he collects around the ground. Just my opinion.

Here's my attempt, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Burgoyne, Shaw, Mulligan (Bulldogs), Ellis (Rich), Docherty (Adel) Bugg, Morris

Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Montagna, C Smith (Dogs), Shiel, Ledger, Magner

Rucks: McEvoy, Mumford, Redden, Giles

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Pfeiffer, Saad, Hampton, Zorko, Kerridge

My rookies need a bit of work. Not wanting to have rookies from the one club in the same area of the field, except McDonald fro GWS in the midfield which seems a must have at that price.

I think Montagna is pretty nicely priced and with Hayes back, he should go back to winning more of that outside ball which is what he is best at.

Sorry, I can't help with your team but, correct me if I'm wrong, there is league games during the byes which makes byes a major issue :confused:

Yes you are correct, however I am willing to take a hit during the bye rounds.

I won't plan my team around the byes, which means I may get the advantage on some prior to those byes.

Hopefully i have enough wins on the board to accept a couple of losses, so that i have trades saved for finals time.

Yes you are correct, however I am willing to take a hit during the bye rounds.

I won't plan my team around the byes, which means I may get the advantage on some prior to those byes.

Hopefully i have enough wins on the board to accept a couple of losses, so that i have trades saved for finals time.
Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsu:

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Burgoyne, Shaw, Mulligan (Bulldogs), Ellis (Rich), Docherty (Adel) Bugg, Morris

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Pfeiffer, Saad, Hampton, Zorko, Kerridge
I would look at getting rid of Mulligan, I don't see him playing many games this year unless the Dogs get major injuries, unless of course you know something that I dont. Downgrade him to Clarke/Bower then use that to upgrade.

Cant really offer too much feedback other than Zorko os on the sidelines with hip flexor issues and could be for a while yet.

Would loves some thoughts on the team below :thumbsu:

B: Deledio, Shaw, Burgoyne, Malceski, Lake, M Clarke, Bower, Ellis, Morris

M: Ablett, Judd, Goddard, Martin, Coniglio, McDonald, Sheil, Mitchell

R: Cox, Giles, Rowe, Stephenson

F: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, Rohan, Porplyzia, Treloar, Smedts, Pfeiffer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant really offer too much feedback other than Zorko os on the sidelines with hip flexor issues and could be for a while yet.

Would loves some thoughts on the team below :thumbsu:

B: Deledio, Shaw, Burgoyne, Malceski, Lake, M Clarke, Bower, Ellis, Morris

M: Ablett, Judd, Goddard, Martin, Coniglio, McDonald, Sheil, Mitchell

R: Cox, Giles, Rowe, Stephenson

F: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, Rohan, Porplyzia, Treloar, Smedts, Pfeiffer

Mitchell hasn't been sighted this pre-season so I'd steer clear. Three GWS rookies in your mids is also a risk.

Rohan's scores have been pretty ordinary for his price.

still fiddling around and waiting on rookie upgrades but the bones of it is there.

BCK. Goddard. Scotland. Deledio. Adcock. Hargraves. Clarke. Ellis. SUBS. Mohr. Bugg
MID. Pendlebury. Ablett. Thompson. Foley. Wingard. Miles. SUBS. Smith. Kerridge
RCK. Luenberger. Maric. SUBS. Stephensen. Giles
FWD. Franklin. Zaharakis. Martin. Hurley. Porplyzia. Treloar. SUBS. Pfeiffer. Saad.

opinions? went for a few unique picks but still tossing up with the midfield subs because ive got a bit of extra kitty.

just dont know about adcock? had him most times and smashes it for like couple games then injurys?

just dont know about adcock? had him most times and smashes it for like couple games then injurys?

Exactly is on the banned list along with Higgins, Drummond and Rioli.

I HAVE COMMENTED ON OTHER TEAMS SO CAN PEOPLE COMMENT ON MINE CHEERS

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, buntine, B. Ellis, T.Bugg (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)

MIDS: pendles, ablett, priddis, dangerfield, coniglio, wingard (C.Smith, Magner)

RUCKS: D. Cox, J.Giles (J.Redden, O. Stephenson)

FWDS: L, Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, D. Martain, J. Porplysia, D. Smith, G. Weedon
(D. Pfeiffer, S. Kerridge)

BANK: $134,800

so whats ya thoughts, i love having money makers but i want ones that will play. like for my forward line. smith and weedon play?
havent watched much NAB cup?

Okay, had another crack.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Burgoyne, Guthrie (Geel), Spurr (Freo), Bugg, Davis, Morris

Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Watson, Shiel, Ledger, Magner, McDonald

Rucks: Mumford, McEvoy, Giles, Redden

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Pfeiffer, Saad, Smedts, Kennedy, Dickson

Okay, had another crack.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Burgoyne, Guthrie (Geel), Spurr (Freo), Bugg, Davis, Morris

Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Watson, Shiel, Ledger, Magner, McDonald

Rucks: Mumford, McEvoy, Giles, Redden

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Pfeiffer, Saad, Smedts, Kennedy, Dickson

Good midfield, but i reckon get priddis. simple reason is new points system favours pridis because of the pressure rule? and also i reckon get Clay Smith in midfield of ledger?

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, buntine, B. Ellis, T.Bugg (S.Morris, B.Wilkes)

MIDS: pendles, ablett, priddis, dangerfield, coniglio, wingard (C.Smith, Magner)

FWDS: L, Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich, D. Martain, J. Porplysia, D. Smith, G. Weedon

BANK: $134,800

so whats ya thoughts, i love having money makers but i want ones that will play. like for my forward line. smith and weedon play?

Doubt Wilkes will get a game early going. So I'd look at someone else.

Have never been confident of having Dangerfield as mid. I'd have Bernie Vince ahead of him.

Not sure about Weedon. I think Josh Hill probably gets the gig instead of LeCras, but he may get a game given Nicoski is out for a while. Watch this space.

Good midfield, but i reckon get priddis. simple reason is new points system favours pridis because of the pressure rule? and also i reckon get Clay Smith in midfield of ledger?

What do you mean scoring favours the pressure rule?

What do you mean scoring favours the pressure rule?

look at priddis average last year? hes the leagues number 1 pressure player and runs out a full game? so if u add these extra scores from pressure rule? he will be a good get? so i reckon priddis

p.s thanks for comment on my team cheers :thumbsu::)

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, buntine, B. Ellis, T.Bugg (S.Morris, Smedits)

MIDS: pendles, ablett, priddis, vince, coniglio, wingard (C.Smith, Magner)

BANK: $84,000

changed it up got smedits and vince. but dont know who to get for weedon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back