Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rate my supercoach 2012 (Part 3)

Here's mine. Still unsure on Yagmoor, Malseski and Coniglio. I know if I just hold onto trades I could do some serious downgrading but I'm not sure what too at the moment. Also not sure if I'm missing out on Ledger and Clifton, and also a lot of people have Smedts and Spurr but I don't know a lot about them.

DEF: Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Malceski, B Ellis, S Darley, S Morris (T Bugg, P Yagmoor)

MID: Pendles, Ablett, Swan, Dal Santo, Coniglio, J McDonald (Kerridge, Magner)

RUCK: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplezia, D Smith, Pfeiffer (A Hall, T Dickson)

have 330k left

I would downgrade Malceski to Lake and use that and your 330k to get another Prem back in the backline.

Other than that a solid side nice job

I think I am almost there but not 100%
I still have $285,300 left in the bank and know that that is to much to have going into the year. I want to use it but dont know where.
Please help with any advice:

Backs: Deledio H Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Golby, B Eliis, S Morris
Bench: Bugg JAcob Brennan

Ablett S Thompson, J Redden, Bartel, C Smith, Miles
Bench: Ledger, Magner

Cox, Giles
Bench: Redden Stephenson

Franklin, Fyfe, Petrie, Gray, Sidebottom, Porps, DSmith
Bench: Pfeiffer A HAll

Any suggestions on what to do with the extra coin?
Thanks

Here is my team as it stands now:

B: Deledio, Broughton, Hurn, McMahon, Statton, Guthrie, Clarke
B RES: Smedts, Morris

The hurn/mcmahon combo could lead to tears. If your looking for something different downgrade one to malceski and upgrade the other to birchall/carrazzo/suckling. Plenty of other options like duffield for their price as well. Stratton i like, he's underpriced and may well pay off. Guthrie's job security is iffy...the same for smedts.

M: Boyd, Redden, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Palmer, L.Jetta
M RES: Miles, J.McDonald

First three not too bad although boyd isn't ideal perma captain material. Dangerfield shouldn't be in your midfield, if you want him put him up forward. Palmer is better suited to DT, avoid. Don't get the hype over jetta this year, if you want a midpricer look at either parker or caddy. Miles and Mcdonald are fine.

R: Leunberger, West
R RES: Giles, Redden

Start Giles and trade West for Stephenson + Cash. Rucks are not worth getting exotic with this year...stick with the herd unless you want to gamble on a Kreuzer/McIntosh.

F: Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Harvey, C.Pearce, Zaharakis, Proplyzia, Saad
F RES: Kerridge, Dickson

If your heart's set on a riewoldt...get jack. Downgrade ole king clancee to a rookie and use the money to upgrade you mids and defenders into premiums.

What do you guys think? Im trying to go for something different, and getting ahead of the others...

If by 'getting ahead of the others' you mean finishing your season ahead of the others then yes, mission accomplished.

POD is definitely important but it's about taking calculated risks, not unnecessary ones. Back to the drawing board.

B: Goddard Deledio Shaw Lake Smedts Darley Boumann (Morris Bugg)

M: Pendlebury Ablett Murphy Watson D.Smith Shiel (Ledger Magner)

R: Cox Mumford (Giles Stephenson)

F: Franklin Goodes Martin N.Riewoldt Cameron Pfeiffer Skinner (Kerridge Dickson)

Bank: $122,100

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Hey Guys this is very much a work in progress as after final teams are announced its sure to change. Ive tried to go with an even spread of teams to account for the byes, didn't want to go too heavy in any areas and try at least 1 rookie in each section. Also I understand my back line is a bit light, I just have more faith in my mids and fwds to score.

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Drummond, Malceski, Lake, M.Clarke, Bugg (Bootsma, Mangan)

MIDS: Ablett, Murphy, Bartel, Martin, Boak, Coniglio (Hampton, Magner)

RUCKS: Mumford, Maric (Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, D Smith, Pfeiffer (Smedts, Crozier)

I originally had question marks over blokes like Malceski, Chapman, Porplyzia and Boak but pre-season form, though not real games, proves there fitness. The only big question mark I really have is over Drummond!

Any feedback would be great, thanks

B: Goddard Deledio Shaw Lake Smedts Darley Boumann (Morris Bugg)

M: Pendlebury Ablett Murphy Watson D.Smith Shiel (Ledger Magner)

R: Cox Mumford (Giles Stephenson)

F: Franklin Goodes Martin N.Riewoldt Cameron Pfeiffer Skinner (Kerridge Dickson)

Bank: $122,100

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Great looking team.

IMO there are far better options than reiwoldt up forward...there's no guarantees he'll be anything more than an 80-90 point player. I Prefer Sidey, Jroo or Danger and spending the extra cash elsewhere.

The two premium rucks is an interesting choice. I've had Cox in my team the last 3 years and may regret abandonning him this time round. 660K is a helluva lot of cash, can he and an every-improving nicnat continue to co-exist?

Backline is looking a little thin...I'd like to have a hargreave/malceski in their to pad it out a bit. Kudos on the boumann selection, he should get some early games with gilham still on the mend.

Lastest review

Backs: Goddard (StK), Deledio (Rich), Shaw (Coll), Broughton (Frem), Lake (WB), Clarke (Coll), Ellis (Rich) Bench - Bugg (GWS), Darley (GWS)

Mids: Pendlebury (Coll), Ablett (GC), Murphy (Carl), Rockliff (Bris), Smith (WB), Kennedy (GWS), Bench - Shiel (GWS), Magner (Melb)

Rucks: Mumford (Syd), Giles (GWS), Bench - Redden (PA), Stephenson (Geel)

Fowards: Franklin (Haw), Fyfe (Frem), Martin (Rich), Dangerfield (Adel), Porplyzia (Adel), D Smith (GWS), Kerridge (Adel) Bench - Pfeffier (PA), Hall (GC)

Any feedback would be appreciated

Any feedback appreciated....

Backs: Deledio, Bock, Broughton, Dempsey, Smedts, Mohr, Morris
Subs: Spurr, Yagmoor
Midefield: Ablett, Murphy, Rockliff, Selwood, Watson, Shiel
Subs: Mitchell, Magner
Ruck: Mumford, Giles
Subs: Stephenson, Redden
Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Hurley, Dengerfield, Smith, Pfeiffer
Subs: Kerridge, Dickson

I've gone skinny in the backline (understand Bock won't be available until round 3) to add another premium to the mids and banking on Giles to score 80+ in the ruck.

$128,600 in the bank.

Dbrenno
i would look at upgrading Bartel and Gray with that extra coin, not sure they will be elite sc players this year.

Thoughts welcome on my team
DEF:Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Lake, Dempsey, Morris, Ellis, Bugg
MID: Pendlebury, Abeltt, Watson, Chapman, Ledger, Smith, Macdonald, Magner
Ruck: Jacbos, Giles, Redden, Stephensen
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, J Riewoldt, Porplyzia, Dickson, D Smith, Kennedy

Thanks.

Ok, here we go.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Hargrave, Darley, Spurr, (Bugg, Morris)

M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Stevens, Magner, (Shiel, Mcdonald)

R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Sidebottom, Smith, Kennedy (Hall, Couch)

$11,800 in the bank.

I've decided I'm going to take the risk on Grimes, if he stays fit (touch wood) he'll no doubt turn into a premium.

Not sold on my mid rookies, no idea when Shiel will play or if Koby Stevens will play round 1.

Not sure about Chapman, just don't have the cash to upgrade him to a better option, don't really want to downgrade to Gray or Zaharakis. Not sure about Couch either, no idea who should fill that last forward bench spot, don't have the money to get a better rookie.

Any thoughts?

Ok, here we go.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Hargrave, Darley, Spurr, (Bugg, Morris)

M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Stevens, Magner, (Shiel, Mcdonald)

R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Sidebottom, Smith, Kennedy (Hall, Couch)

$11,800 in the bank.

I've decided I'm going to take the risk on Grimes, if he stays fit (touch wood) he'll no doubt turn into a premium.

Not sold on my mid rookies, no idea when Shiel will play or if Koby Stevens will play round 1.

Not sure about Chapman, just don't have the cash to upgrade him to a better option, don't really want to downgrade to Gray or Zaharakis. Not sure about Couch either, no idea who should fill that last forward bench spot, don't have the money to get a better rookie.

Any thoughts?

I'm as clueless as you when it comes to shiel. Supposedly killed it in the ressies last week but i don't like selecting a player on whispers alone. I've gone cold on stevens after watching the NAB GF. Looks to be prime vest fodder this season, better off saving the 30K and downgrading to ledger/C smith/kerridge.

Couch hasn't been elevated yet and will be taking up space without earning any cash in the early rounds. Use the money from downgrading stevens to get Pfeiffer. Another good option is Tori Dixon, played all 3 NAB matches, averaged 63 and looks to have good security in the dogs forwarline.

Grimes is a fair risk considering you don't have porps up forward. Chappies probably the most bankable 490K-550K forward out there (barring martin) but i understand your concern.

Any feedback appreciated....

Backs: Deledio, Bock, Broughton, Dempsey, Smedts, Mohr, Morris
Subs: Spurr, Yagmoor
Midfield: Ablett, Murphy, Rockliff, Selwood, Watson, Shiel
Subs: Mitchell, Magner
Ruck: Mumford, Giles
Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Hurley, Dengerfield, Smith, Pfeiffer
Subs: Kerridge, Dickson

I've gone skinny in the backline (understand Bock won't be available until round 3) to add another premium to the mids and banking on Giles to score 80+ in the ruck.

$128,600 in the bank.

Seeing as you are picking Bock (I wouldnt touch him IMO) I would look at getting rid of both Spurr/Yagmoor as I don't see them getting a gig early and their JS would be very low. And I wouldn't worry about Giles as alot of people have gone that combo. I would look at upgrading Hurley with the 138k you have. And look at upgrading Watson to Priddis as WCE should play well and he is there #1 midfielder so should be in for a big year and Watson I'm not entirely sold on.

Backs: Deledio,Goddard, Broughton, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis, Mohr
Subs: Darley, Bugg
Midfield: Ablett, Boyd, Priddis, Selwood, Caddy, C.Smith
Subs: McDonald, Magner
Ruck: McEvoy, Giles
Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Goodes, Fyfe, Dartin, Porplyzia, Pffeifer
Subs: D.Smith, Dickson
Thoughts? Have 1.3k left over.

Quick one; what does JS stand for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs: Goddard - Delidio - Shaw - Broughton - Hargrave - B.Ellis - B.Smedts
(Bugg & Bootsma)

Mids: Pendels - Ablett - Rockliff - Selwood - Pfeiffer - Sheil (Neale & Magner) i know magner will be out for first 2 rounds.

Rucks: Cox - Kreuzer (Giles & Stephensen)

Forwards: Franklin - Fyfe - Martin - Reid - Retzlaff - Kerridge - Hall (Weedon & Couch)

Quick review would be much appreciated. :)

(Bugg & Bootsma)

Mids: Pendels - Ablett - Rockliff - Selwood - Pfeiffer - Sheil (Neale & Magner) i know magner will be out for first 2 rounds.

Forwards: Franklin - Fyfe - Martin - Reid - Retzlaff - Kerridge - Hall (Weedon & Couch)

Where did you read this? Thought Magner was good for 1st round seeing as all he had was a dislocated finger or something along those lines?

Team is good except I feel that your fowards are a bit weak after Martin. And Weedon/Couch/Kerridge I haven't heard much about them playing early. So look for some new rookies up there look at Dickson and some of the GWS boys. How much money do you have left over? If you have some I would look to get another premium in the forward line.

Where did you read this? Thought Magner was good for 1st round seeing as all he had was a dislocated finger or something along those lines?

Team is good except I feel that your fowards are a bit weak after Martin. And Weedon/Couch/Kerridge I haven't heard much about them playing early. So look for some new rookies up there look at Dickson and some of the GWS boys. How much money do you have left over? If you have some I would look to get another premium in the forward line.

5.6 K left over, what cheap forwards are going to be in for aleast the first couple of rounds??

Hey SC heads could you give my team a glance please? Any input appreciated:

H Scotland B Deledio G Broughton S Darley
B Goddard B Lake B Ellis Sub: B Smedts T Bugg

G Ablett M Boyd S Mitchell A Goodes S Thompson
S Clifton Sub: J Magner T Ledger

M Kreuzer J Giles Sub: O Stephenson J Redden

L Franklin N Fyfe D Martin P Dangerfield D Smith
A Saad S Kerridge Sub: A Hall T Couch

I have 77,600 in the bank

Good amount of money you have left there! Don't know about Sam Mitchell though, bit of a POD really.

Okay so I think I have mine pretty well close to 100% comfortable with it but I want some advice as to whether to make any minor changes;

Goddard - Deledio - H. Shaw
Suckling - Lake - Guthrie
B Ellis - Bugg - Boumann

Pendlebury - Ablett - Murphy
Selwood - C. Smith - Ledger
McDonald - Magner

Mumford - Stephenson
Giles - Redden

Franklin - Goodes - Fyfe
J Riewoldt - Porplyzia - D Smith
Pfeiffer - A. Hall - T. Dickson

Please rate my team:
Goddard-Deledio-Shaw-Broughton-Lake-M Clarke-Ellis (Bugg, Darley).

Pendlebury-Ablett-Murphy-Watson-Magner-Ledger (McDonald, C Smith).

McEvoy-Giles (Reddon, Stephenson).

Franklin-Goodes-Fyfe-Martin-Porplyzia-D Smith-Pfeiffer (Dickson, Hall)
Any thoughts appreciated.

(Bugg & Bootsma)

Was loving your team until I got to Reid and Retzlaff. I would say downgrade one and upgrade the other to a Goodes or a Chappy. Other than those two, very nice team.

Would love some thoughts as I can't stop changing my team :(

BACKS: Goddard - Deledio - Shaw - Birchall - Hargrave - Clarke - Ellis
(Darley, Bugg)

MIDS: Ablett - Murphy - Boyd - Coniglio - D.Smith - Neale
(Ledger, Magner)

RUCK: Mumford - Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

FORWARD: Franklin - Goodes - Fyfe - Martin - Dangerfield - Saad - Smedts
(Kerridge, Pfeiffer)

$222,000 Left over

I'm Very Happy with the defence and forwards but not to sure about the 3 rookie 3 premium mid setup.

1. Where should I spend the coin?

2. Any help regarding the mids would be great as I'm not sure on the setup... Nor am I sure about Coniglio.

Cheers guys

If you could rate by team that would be great!

Defenders:
Deledio (Rich), Shaw (Coll), Birchall (Haw), Broughton (Freo), Surjan (PA), Clarke (Coll), Ellis (Rich) subs: Bugg (GWS), Darley (GWS)

Midfielders:
Pandlebury (VC - Coll), Ablett (C - GC), Boyd (WB), Cotchin (Rich), Magner (Melb), Coniglio (GWS) subs: Neale (Freo), Ledger (Stk)

Rucks:
Mumford (Syd), Giles (GWS) subs: Redden (PA), Stephenson (Geel)

Forwards:
Franklin (Haw), Goodes (Syd), Fyfe (Freo), Martin (Rich), Porplyzia (Adel), Smith (GWS), Pfeiffer (PA) subs: Hall (GC), Dickson (WB)

I'm thinking that maybe I have gone with too many premiums and should save a bit more money with some rookies. I still have $99k left over though.

Thoughts?

Was loving your team until I got to Reid and Retzlaff. I would say downgrade one and upgrade the other to a Goodes or a Chappy. Other than those two, very nice team.

Would love some thoughts as I can't stop changing my team :(

BACKS: Goddard - Deledio - Shaw - Birchall - Hargrave - Clarke - Ellis
(Darley, Bugg)

MIDS: Ablett - Murphy - Boyd - Coniglio - D.Smith - Neale
(Ledger, Magner)

RUCK: Mumford - Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

FORWARD: Franklin - Goodes - Fyfe - Martin - Dangerfield - Saad - Smedts
(Kerridge, Pfeiffer)

$222,000 Left over

I'm Very Happy with the defence and forwards but not to sure about the 3 rookie 3 premium mid setup.

1. Where should I spend the coin?

2. Any help regarding the mids would be great as I'm not sure on the setup... Nor am I sure about Coniglio.

Cheers guys

Apparently Smeldts isn't going to be playing straight away according to some Geelong mates - swap him for Pfieffer. I too had Saad but swapped him out because I just don't think he will score that well to begin with. I will probably be looking to pick him up in rounds 3-5 once I have upgraded a couple of rookies.

Use D Smith as a forward, not a mid. Not sure why Hargrave gets so much love.

Other then that a good side :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back