Def: Goddard, Deledio, Birtchall, Heppell, Lake, Buntine, M.Clark
(B.Ellis, L.Brown)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Hodge, Barlow, Conigilo, Wingard
(Shiel, T.Mitchell)

Ruck: Leuenberger, Mcintosh
(Giles, O.Stephensen)

Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, N.Riewoldt, Hurley, Christensen, Pfeiffer, Saad
(Zorko, Kirridge)

Looks good untill you hit the fwd line. I'd be looking at alternatives to Hurley and Christensen. Both are way overpriced in comparison to what they'll produce in terms of PPG.

pbesson

Supercoach02.png

Nice 'out of the ordinary' team. Good luck with it

Second attempt:

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Birtchall, Heppell, Lake, Buntine, M.Clark
(B.Ellis, L.Brown)

Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Hodge, Barlow, Conigilo, Wingard
(Shiel, T.Mitchell)

Ruck: Leuenberger, Mcintosh
(Giles, O.Stephensen)

Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, N.Riewoldt, Hurley, Christensen, Pfeiffer, Saad
(Zorko, Kirridge)

I am always too scared to go for more than a couple 'mid-price' players, and when I do they are players who have had stellar SC careers in the past (ie Lake, Brown and maybe Didak this year.). So in saying that, good luck - you are braver than me. For mine it is a bit risky - same with your choice of teenage rookies over $125,000. I like to go mature age rookies - they are usually plug and play types who have bodies more suited to playing AFL.

So really, a completely different approach to me, so it will be interesting to see how our teams compare into the season.

This is my second go at it, and my final one until well into the NAB cup. Feel free to comment.

B: B.Goddard, H.Scotland, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, B.Lake, M.Clarke, B.Wilkes (S.Morris, N.Blee)

C: G.Ablett (C), J.Selwood (VC), K.Stephens, S.Clifton, K.Horsley, J.McDonald (D.Zorko, L.Brown)

R: A.Sandilands, J.Giles (O.Stephensen, S.Rowe)

F: L.Franklin, A.Goodes, S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown (T.Walsh, B.Smedts)

I have gone for all mature rookies and second year players over the much hyped early draft selections. Three or four players I am not sure about, but will see how they fare in the next few weeks before the season proper.

Back: Goddard Deledio Shaw Fisher Clarke Smedts Brown(Luke)
(Sierakowski, Wilkes)

Centre: Ablett Swan Rockliff Barlow Hayes Shiel(Daniel)
(McDonald,Lee)

Ruck: Mumford, Kreuzer
(Giles, Stephensen)

Forward: Goodes Pavlich Chapman Riewoldt(Nick) Cameron Treloar Rowe
(Walsh, Couch)

Team clearly requires Hayes and Barlow of returning back to their best fairly early which I am confident of. Kreuzer to fire.

In my forward line I chose Riewoldt but considered Sidebottom and Dangerfield as well. would anyone else have chose different?

(Sierakowski, Wilkes)

(McDonald,Lee)

(Giles, Stephensen)

(Walsh, Couch)

Team clearly requires Hayes and Barlow of returning back to their best fairly early which I am confident of. Kreuzer to fire.

In my forward line I chose Riewoldt but considered Sidebottom and Dangerfield as well. would anyone else have chose different?

That COULD be the highest scoring team rd1. Seriously.

Two slightly suss mids returning from injury but if they get to 90% of the former glory, they'll be fine.

(Sierakowski, Wilkes)

(McDonald,Lee)

(Giles, Stephensen)

(Walsh, Couch)

Very strong team, but no MPP! Could come back to bite you I dare say.

I am always too scared to go for more than a couple 'mid-price' players, and when I do they are players who have had stellar SC careers in the past (ie Lake, Brown and maybe Didak this year.). So in saying that, good luck - you are braver than me. For mine it is a bit risky - same with your choice of teenage rookies over $125,000. I like to go mature age rookies - they are usually plug and play types who have bodies more suited to playing AFL.

So really, a completely different approach to me, so it will be interesting to see how our teams compare into the season.

This is my second go at it, and my final one until well into the NAB cup. Feel free to comment.

B: B.Goddard, H.Scotland, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, B.Lake, M.Clarke, B.Wilkes (S.Morris, N.Blee)

C: G.Ablett (C), J.Selwood (VC), K.Stephens, S.Clifton, K.Horsley, J.McDonald (D.Zorko, L.Brown)

F: L.Franklin, A.Goodes, S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown (T.Walsh, B.Smedts)

I have gone for all mature rookies and second year players over the much hyped early draft selections. Three or four players I am not sure about, but will see how they fare in the next few weeks before the season proper.

I'm eager for some comments :)

Interesting approach with all the mid rookies, solid move seeming that's where most of the high scoring rookies come from, in saying that I think you may have gone a bit overboard. Probably going to need a one maybe two more premos in there to consistently pump out those big scores for you week in week out because the ones you have in other positions won't be as reliable as your Pendleburys and Murphys.

Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a bit of a dilemma atm - Selwood and Johnson, or Murphy and Chapman? What do you guys think?

Hi All,

Thoughts on my team please:

BACKS:
Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Birchall, Lake, M.Clarke, Mohr, L. Brown, Smedts

MIDS:
Ablett, Swan, M. Murphy, S. Mitchell, Coniglio, Shiel, J. McDonald, Lee

RUCKS:
Goldstein, Gile, Stephensen, Rowe

FWDS:
Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Tommy Walsh, Devon Smith, Kerridge

Have a lot of GWS rookies, will obviously not have them all by the time the bye rolls around.

Rookie selections are still subject to change, either by threat of non selection or other stand outs in the NAB cup that will play early season games for a cheap price tag.

Also going to keep an eye on Porplyzia and Hayes in the NAB cup, Lenny was a fav of mine always so would love to see him back to his best, Porplyzia has burnt a lot of people in SC so will be treading very carefully.

Thoughts?

Hey all can you give me some feedback about my team? Rookies are only guesses at the moment.

Backs: Scotland, Deledio, Fisher, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Smedts Res: WIlkes, Bagguley

Mids: Ablett, Judd, Goddard, Hodge, McLean, Mcdonald Res: Sheil, Mitchell

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands Res: Stephenson, Downie

Fowards: Franklin, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown, Saad, Zorko, Rowe res: Crozier, Ah Chee

Hey all can you give me some feedback about my team? Rookies are only guesses at the moment.

Backs: Scotland, Deledio, Fisher, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Smedts Res: WIlkes, Bagguley

Mids: Ablett, Judd, Goddard, Hodge, McLean, Mcdonald Res: Sheil, Mitchell

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands Res: Stephenson, Downie

Fowards: Franklin, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown, Saad, Zorko, Rowe res: Crozier, Ah Chee

Swap goddard to defence and bye bye fisher, then choose another mid premium, then it looks handy. Oh - which Mclean are you looking at? (surely not Brock)

B:Goddard,Scotland,Deledio,Suckling,S.Burgoyne,Butine,Ellis.(Morris,Bugg)

C:Ablett,Selwood,S.Thompson,Gaff,Caddy,Coniglio.(Shiel,Wingard)

R:Z.Smith,Giles.(Derickx,Stephensen)

F:N.Fyfe,D.Martin,Sidebottom,Le Cras,M.Clark,Rohan,T.Adams.(Zorko,Treloar)

Your Thoughts?

B:Goddard,Scotland,Deledio,Suckling,S.Burgoyne,Butine,Ellis.(Morris,Bugg)

C:Ablett,Selwood,S.Thompson,Gaff,Caddy,Coniglio.(Shiel,Wingard)

R:Z.Smith,Giles.(Derickx,Stephensen)

F:N.Fyfe,D.Martin,Sidebottom,Le Cras,M.Clark,Rohan,T.Adams.(Zorko,Treloar)

Your Thoughts?

thoughts - different, kinda like picking up a chick with a bag on her head, you know its going to be ugly your just not sure how ugly

Revision 103:

Backs: Goddard (StK), H Shaw (Coll), Enright (Geel), Grimes (Melb), Lake (WB), Clarke (Coll), Wilkes (StK) Bench: Ellis (Rich), Smedlts (Geel)

Mid: Ablett (GC), Murphy (Carl), Rockliff (Bris), Thompson (Adel), Thomas (Coll), McDonald (GWS) Bench: Golds (GWS), Kennedy (GWS)

Rucks: Mumford (Syd), Stephenson (Geel) Bench: Giles (GWS), Pattinson (Haw)

Forwards: Franklin (Haw), Johnson (Geel), Martin (Rich), Christensen (Geel), Porplyzia (Adel), Zorko (Bris), Walsh (Syd) Bench: Kerridge (Adel), Rowe (Carl)

Bench players have been chosen to allow DPP to happen but are likely to change depending on NAB form

Revision 103:

Backs: Goddard (StK), H Shaw (Coll), Enright (Geel), Grimes (Melb), Lake (WB), Clarke (Coll), Wilkes (StK) Bench: Ellis (Rich), Smedlts (Geel)

Mid: Ablett (GC), Murphy (Carl), Rockliff (Bris), Thompson (Adel), Thomas (Coll), McDonald (GWS) Bench: Golds (GWS), Kennedy (GWS)

Forwards: Franklin (Haw), Johnson (Geel), Martin (Rich), Christensen (Geel), Porplyzia (Adel), Zorko (Bris), Walsh (Syd) Bench: Kerridge (Adel), Rowe (Carl)

Bench players have been chosen to allow DPP to happen but are likely to change depending on NAB form

Like your side, different looking mid and if your mid pricers in the forwards hit their straps from the get go you could do well.

I dont mind shaw in your backs, and lids may just start a little slowly and not hurt you.

Heres hoping the big O looks ok in the nab.

That extra mid is certainly hurting depthwise everywhere else tho.

Nice side.

Like your side, different looking mid and if your mid pricers in the forwards hit their straps from the get go you could do well.

I dont mind shaw in your backs, and lids may just start a little slowly and not hurt you.

Heres hoping the big O looks ok in the nab.

That extra mid is certainly hurting depthwise everywhere else tho.

Nice side.

Cheers have really backed the mid priced guys in both the backs an forwards to come good and thought of going something a bit different with some of the players rather than selecting the same guys hopefully it works out okay:p

Backs - B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.Scotland, H.Shaw, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, W.Sierakowski (T.Bugg, B.Wilkes)

Midfielders - G.Ablett, C.Judd, J.Selwood, D.Thomas, C.Wingard, D.Shiel (B.McKenzie, T Mitchell)

Rucks - S.Mumford, A.Sandilands (O.Stephenson, A.Pattinson)

Forwards - L.Franklin, D.Martin, D.Zaharakis, J.Brown, I.Falou, A.Sadd, D.Zorko (S.Kerridge, S.Rowe)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and im also happy to give feedback on your team if you wish, just not sure how much help I would be. Cheers

Revision 103:

Backs are looking solid. I'd look at downgrading either one of Thompson, Thomas or Rockliff to either a player like T Mitchell or a GWS rookie. Then upgrade one of them to someone like a Swan. Although, all three players are good unique choices. With the money left I'd upgrade either Christensen or Porplyzia to a premium :thumbsu: but that's just me.

Here is my team...
B. Goddard, H. Shaw, S. Fisher, C. Enright, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
G. Ablett, D. Swan, M. Murphy, D. Shiel, J. McDonald, T. Mitchell (K. Horsley, C. Hampton)
S. Mumford, A. Sandilands (J. Giles, O. Stephensen)
M. Pavlich, P. Chapman, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, B. Smedts, A. Treloar, (I. Folau, D. Zorko)

Obvious weaknesses are Lake and Brown (both old and coming off injury). Thoughts?

hey guys just wondering your thoughts on my team ..

BACKS : Goddard (STK) Scotland (CARL) Deledio (RICH) Grimes (Melb)
Lake (WBD) M.Clarke (COLL) B.Ellis (RICH) .. T.Mohr(GWS) Smedts (GEE)

MIDS: G.Ablett (GCS) M.Murphy (CARL) L.Hodge (HAW) N.Vanberlo (ADEL)
D.Zorko (Bris) J.MCDONALD (GWS) ..D.Shiel (GWS) S.Gibson (NTH)

RUCKS: S.Mumford (SYD) S.Jacobs (ADEL) .. J.Giles (GWS) O.Stephenson (GEE)

FORWARS: Franklin (HAW) P.Chapman (GEE) C.Rioli (HAW) D.Martin (RICH)
J.Porplyzia (ADEL) Saad (STK) A.Treloar (GWS) .. T.Walsh (SYD) S.Kerridge (ADEL)

Some feedback would be Much appreciated, cheers fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back