Rate My Team for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant be bothered researching but why does alot of people have this broadbent character from port in there team???.. ill be the first person to admit that i very rarely watch or take notice of anything port related so my knowledge is at a bare minimum but whats so attractive about this guy???

You can't trust Ottens with his injuries so you suggest Hille who is a piddling $1700 cheaper and coming off a knee reco?

I'd suggest there's no difference at all.
Except Ottens had some sort of knee surgery over the Summer and would be doubtful for round 1 IMO (Geelong fans would know more than me on this). And Hille teared it up in the intra-club according to the faithful at Essendon, so Hille is a lot less risk for the same price.

Like your backs, except I hear Ladson is a bit iffy to start. And Ellis is as brittle as paper.

Mids are quite good, actually pretty similar to mine :) . Masten looks set to tear it up, and I reckon Pendles will have a good year. Im not sold on Boak yet...

Rucks are solid, I hope Hille gets through the year unscathed.

I'd be a bit worried starting Gumby, but then again you dont have Franklin so you can afford to cop a donut. I dont really know much about Mayne and Polk, but they could be good I guess. I chose Warren over Polk, for no reason really.

Overall one of the better teams Ive seen on here!
Cheers mate.:thumbsu: Still iffy on Gumby myself, but depending on what kids play in the NAB cup and show promise etc, the whole structure may change again. It seemed Hille got through the intraclub unscathed and showed some good signs, apparantley a near certain starter for round 1.:) And I have only heard good things about Polk and Mayne, which is why I chose them. I brought in Hunt onto to the bench in case Ladson misses round 1, I have it covered!:thumbsu: Thanks though mate.

Cheers mate.:thumbsu: Still iffy on Gumby myself, but depending on what kids play in the NAB cup and show promise etc, the whole structure may change again. It seemed Hille got through the intraclub unscathed and showed some good signs, apparantley a near certain starter for round 1.:) And I have only heard good things about Polk and Mayne, which is why I chose them. I brought in Hunt onto to the bench in case Ladson misses round 1, I have it covered!:thumbsu: Thanks though mate.

No worries. Ive changed my team so much it isnt funny. I think I swapped Ladson for Broadbent and have Waters sitting on the pine.

Im keeping the faith in Gumby, but perhaps I wont start him just yet =/

Except Ottens had some sort of knee surgery over the Summer and would be doubtful for round 1 IMO (Geelong fans would know more than me on this). And Hille teared it up in the intra-club according to the faithful at Essendon, so Hille is a lot less risk for the same price.

Youre right, Geelong fans would know a lot more than you on this.

Def- Gilbert, Hodge, H Shaw, Hurn, Ellis, Kennelly, Jesse Smith (Maguire, Davis)

Mid- Vince, J Selwood, Boak, Swift, Martin, Trengove (Shuey,Bastinac)

Ruck- Kreuzer, Tippett (Warnock,Lobbe)

Forw- Didak, Goodes, Pavlich, Giansiracusa,Ziebell, LeCras,Veszpremi (Tapscott, Dennis-Lane)

Anything too bad? Weakest area? Badly structured? Thoughts on Veszpremi? Enough cash left to change him to someone like Medhurst or Dangerfield

Youre right, Geelong fans would know a lot more than you on this.
Sorry, my bad. Should've done a little research before making that comment. Did not really remember the full story well and assumed things, my apologies. I would still go with Hille though.

Shinboner '07- That is a solid lineup.:thumbsu: Only changes I would make would be Shoenmakers out, Ladson in. And Rohan out (not expected to play much this year, according to Roos), Tapscott in, which also frees up some cash for elsewhere.

lions_den- Again not a bad lineup. Only changes I would make is to the rucks, unsure on Ottens this year, just can't trust him with his injuries and the cautious approach Geelong take with him. I'd replace him with Hille, or if you can free up some cash, upgrade to Kreuzer or Ryder.

Shaunn- I think this is the best lineup I have seen so far, well done.:thumbsu: Only change I might make would be Gia down to Rioli to free up some dough, but that is your choice, won't make a huge difference. Also I would go with Swift, Masten has shown he tends to handball a lot more than kicking, with few marks, while Swift is going to be a star!

lmaohelp- Only changes I would make are Gumbleton to Davis, and Brown down to Pav. Other than that, I think all you need to do is wait for the NAB and see how your players are tracking.:thumbsu:

I will post my team up in a sec.

great team mate
i know a lot of people are saying go swift over masten, but i think masten will explode this year
is finally over his groin troubles which is why he hasnt been kicking seasons past and last i heard is swift has some hammy tightness which is why he didnt play in the intraclub match
and personally i think montagna will go down a little this year, even if its only 2 - 3 ppg, id stick with vince or go someone like sewell (unique) or bartel
ball could easily improve on last years av with more game time so good choice there

backs are good mate, cept heard ladson may have an injury... just keep an eye on that

very sweet rucks :thumbsu:

Yeah i think ill stick with Masten at the moment and look into the Nab Cup and hopefully they both play and see how they go.

cant be bothered researching but why does alot of people have this broadbent character from port in there team???.. ill be the first person to admit that i very rarely watch or take notice of anything port related so my knowledge is at a bare minimum but whats so attractive about this guy???

If you had bothered doing some research you would have found out he is a physically very attractive young man. :heart:

This is the overiding reason for the ground-swell of "Broady" sentiment. :thumbsu:

Def- Gilbert, Hodge, H Shaw, Hurn, Ellis, Kennelly, Jesse Smith (Maguire, Davis)

Mid- Vince, J Selwood, Boak, Swift, Martin, Trengove (Shuey,Bastinac)

Ruck- Kreuzer, Tippett (Warnock,Lobbe)

Forw- Didak, Goodes, Pavlich, Giansiracusa,Ziebell, LeCras,Veszpremi (Tapscott, Dennis-Lane)

Anything too bad? Weakest area? Badly structured? Thoughts on Veszpremi? Enough cash left to change him to someone like Medhurst or Dangerfield

Veszpremi wont be playing much this year i believe but i could be wrong....Chris Mayne is a decent pick....downgrade Goodes or Gia to somone like Rioli or Gray.
Upgrade kreuzer.
downgrade swift to palmer or mcveigh and upgrade boak.
Ellis is no good....maybe malceski if has good nab cup...and j smith for hunt
Thats what i believe

BACKS: goddard, hodge, suban, kennelly, hurley, ladson (sheppard, davis)
MIDS: pendels, rich, cotchin, masten, trengove, martain (cunnington, morabito)
RUCKS: kruezer, tippet (warnock lobbe)
FORWARDS: riewoldt, pav, higgins, gray, franklin, lecras, roughead, (moore, gumbleton)

all help appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veszpremi wont be playing much this year i believe but i could be wrong....Chris Mayne is a decent pick....downgrade Goodes or Gia to somone like Rioli or Gray.
Upgrade kreuzer.
downgrade swift to palmer or mcveigh and upgrade boak.
Ellis is no good....maybe malceski if has good nab cup...and j smith for hunt
Thats what i believe

These musings are quite profound.
I think I need to reevaluate my structures... bugger. :(

BACKS: goddard, hodge, suban, kennelly, hurley, ladson (sheppard, davis)
MIDS: pendels, rich, cotchin, masten, trengove, martain (cunnington, morabito)
RUCKS: kruezer, tippet (warnock lobbe)
FORWARDS: riewoldt, pav, higgins, gray, franklin, lecras, roughead, (moore, gumbleton)

all help appreciated

Roughhead to mayne/dangerfield
cunnington to bastinac
upgrade kreuzer
cotchin to mcveigh/palmer
upgrade rich
hurley to hunt/buckley
upgrade suban
and ur missing one defender

This is my first complete team, will be chopped and changed around quite a bit once the NAB cup starts. Struggling to find value in the backline around the 200 - 300k mark (then again I am every year and probably so is everyone else). Same trouble in the forwards as well.

33xevde.jpg

This is my first complete team, will be chopped and changed around quite a bit once the NAB cup starts. Struggling to find value in the backline around the 200 - 300k mark (then again I am every year and probably so is everyone else). Same trouble in the forwards as well.

33xevde.jpg
talia and butcher will barely play 10 games between them
you need to free up some cash somewhere
maybe downgrade montagna to someone cheaper but still premium status
like selwood, 50k cheaper
if you still want to play a rookie in the backline or forward line i suggest getting sheppard for the backs as he should get a gig
and maybe robbie tarrant or dennis-lane for the forwards
if you do manage to get a little bit of cash together, maybe go for a mid pricer in the forwards like rioli, gray, ziebell
even mayne isnt too bad at 220k

dt2010.jpg

With 49K left to spend. Any improvements that can be suggested?
backline is way too weak
waite is coming of a knee reco
need to upgrade ladson as he is injured
judd misses first 3 rounds so swap him
burgoyne is coming off an injury and having a monitored preseason so watch him in nab cup
downgrade kerr or palmer to a rookie, shuey i would say then upgrade ladson with the cash
dont know enough about hannebery to comment
cox and otten both having injury troubles in preseason
change cox to sandi
maybe keep otten as a gamble, could pay off immensely
with the money you get from downgrading cox, upgrade one of your forwards like lecras or rioli

Backs: Enright, Fisher, Hodge, Shaw, Malceski, Ladson, Hunt (Sheppard, Webberley)
Centres: Swan, Pendlebury, Vince, M.Mcveigh, Palmer, Martin (Trengove, Bastinac)
Rucks: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Lobbe)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Lecras, Dangerfield, Mayne, Woneaemirri (Gumbleton, R.Tarrant

67K left....
iv got Swan, riewoldt and pavlich to save me from using trades when ill be getting these players anyway

backs
Hodge -cheap this year and has the potential to increase his average to 95, also has lost a lot of weight and is looking good
Waite -if he gets fit he will be carlton's go to man in defence and a attack i will be looking at his preseason and how he fairs however he is very underpriced and could definently be a keeper in the backline
Mcphee-looks to have a spell in the Freo midfield could pay off or could flop however im willing to take the risk
Hurn-boooming and accurate kick rarely handalls and is looking extremelly fit he is WC go to man and should increase his average
Macdonald-new team bit of a risk here however he will look classy in the melbourne backline without grimes and should rack up a lot of the ball
Kenelly-at his price and with myers and ladson with question marks he seems to be the value pick in the backs could pay off and it is a risk most DT'ers will be willing to take
Broadbent-my smokie for this year without both burgers gone and hartlett injured Broadbent could get games in the midfield definently an upgrade target week 9 or 10
BENCH
Sheppard-probably the best back rookie should get games and can win the ball essentially im just using him for cash
Davis-will get games and will provide cover and a rise in cash

Mids
Selwood J-has bulked up even more and looks to explode this year i really like his game the tackling and how much of the ball he recieves
Conney-lfor me a player that can reach elite average of 105+ he is cheap because of the surgery he had this year
Mclean-in the carlton midfeild he will not recieve a tag and he will be the extractor to judd and murphy therefore i think his average will increase and he has been tearing up the training track
Ball-will get a games at the pies is said to be training well and is underpriced due to lack of game time at the saints also is surrounded by only two class midfielders in swan and pendlebury unlike at the saints where he had hayes montagna dalsanto and sometimes goddard and gram
Masten-looks to go bang this year a very impressive scratch match yesterday and has bulked up and his stamina looks good this year
Marting-probably is the best rookie in the mids this year has a good chance of becoming the rising star and will easily slot into the richmond side
BENCH
Trengrove-will get games and generate cash for me will also provide good cover and he is a draftee with all class
Shuey-missed out on last year with injuries and is tearing it up at west coast he will get games and will be a great cash cow for me this year

Rucks
Tippett-i will go with tippet this year because he has guarenteed games and personally i believe he willl be more consistent and increase his price
Hille-was back playing in the forward line yesterday at essendon's scratch match he is very cheap and could increase rapidly in the later half of the year
BENCH
Lobbe-should get games as choco has named him the second ruckman purely a cash cow and good cover
Trengrove-if lobbe doesnt get games trengrove will he could also get games through the backline

Forwards
ROK-should do well in the sydney midfield and running on the half forward flank i will set and forget here should be a consistent scorer and have several 100+ scores this year
Brown-with fevola in the team this year i believe that brown will push up above the 50m arc and set up the play getting more of the ball and having heaps of marks and kicks this year wth the occassional bag was the first player selected in my team this year also is reasonably priced
Pavlich-going back to the posisiton that he loves best should see him get numerous marks kicks and goals which are all good for dt i can see him returning to carreer best dt form as he will be the number 1 target throughout the year
Gia-i can see Gia really increasing his average with a full preseason and hopefully more time on ground there will be an increase in his price and TOG he is looking good on the training track and should be a handy little player
Gray-choco's golden child rarely are there cheap forwards that push into the midfield this kid is a lock for me and should really increase his average could even be a potential keeper
Ziebell-is well priced over his leg injury is training well and will get a midfield spot do i need to say anything else
Dangerfeild-should increase his average and get games in the crow's team with otten out he has had a season and he could be one of the big improvers in 2010
BENCH
Gumbleton-the boy finally is out of the rehab group slotted two goals and was labbelled one of the best on ground in yesterdays match could become a huge cash cow and he is a risk im willing to take i just hope his body doesnt break down again
TDL-probably the most promising forward rookie has been training well and should play in the depleted swans forward line with no hall and mickey O bradshaw and white are the two other players in teh forward line and with vezprimi rumoured to be moving into the back line TDL should be a great cash cow

questions comments critisicms are much appreciated

backs
Hodge -cheap this year and has the potential to increase his average to 95, also has lost a lot of weight and is looking good
Waite -if he gets fit he will be carlton's go to man in defence and a attack i will be looking at his preseason and how he fairs however he is very underpriced and could definently be a keeper in the backline
Mcphee-looks to have a spell in the Freo midfield could pay off or could flop however im willing to take the risk
Hurn-boooming and accurate kick rarely handalls and is looking extremelly fit he is WC go to man and should increase his average
Macdonald-new team bit of a risk here however he will look classy in the melbourne backline without grimes and should rack up a lot of the ball
Kenelly-at his price and with myers and ladson with question marks he seems to be the value pick in the backs could pay off and it is a risk most DT'ers will be willing to take
Broadbent-my smokie for this year without both burgers gone and hartlett injured Broadbent could get games in the midfield definently an upgrade target week 9 or 10
BENCH
Sheppard-probably the best back rookie should get games and can win the ball essentially im just using him for cash
Davis-will get games and will provide cover and a rise in cash

Mids
Selwood J-has bulked up even more and looks to explode this year i really like his game the tackling and how much of the ball he recieves
Conney-lfor me a player that can reach elite average of 105+ he is cheap because of the surgery he had this year
Mclean-in the carlton midfeild he will not recieve a tag and he will be the extractor to judd and murphy therefore i think his average will increase and he has been tearing up the training track
Ball-will get a games at the pies is said to be training well and is underpriced due to lack of game time at the saints also is surrounded by only two class midfielders in swan and pendlebury unlike at the saints where he had hayes montagna dalsanto and sometimes goddard and gram
Masten-looks to go bang this year a very impressive scratch match yesterday and has bulked up and his stamina looks good this year
Marting-probably is the best rookie in the mids this year has a good chance of becoming the rising star and will easily slot into the richmond side
BENCH
Trengrove-will get games and generate cash for me will also provide good cover and he is a draftee with all class
Shuey-missed out on last year with injuries and is tearing it up at west coast he will get games and will be a great cash cow for me this year

Rucks
Tippett-i will go with tippet this year because he has guarenteed games and personally i believe he willl be more consistent and increase his price
Hille-was back playing in the forward line yesterday at essendon's scratch match he is very cheap and could increase rapidly in the later half of the year
BENCH
Lobbe-should get games as choco has named him the second ruckman purely a cash cow and good cover
Trengrove-if lobbe doesnt get games trengrove will he could also get games through the backline

Forwards
ROK-should do well in the sydney midfield and running on the half forward flank i will set and forget here should be a consistent scorer and have several 100+ scores this year
Brown-with fevola in the team this year i believe that brown will push up above the 50m arc and set up the play getting more of the ball and having heaps of marks and kicks this year wth the occassional bag was the first player selected in my team this year also is reasonably priced
Pavlich-going back to the posisiton that he loves best should see him get numerous marks kicks and goals which are all good for dt i can see him returning to carreer best dt form as he will be the number 1 target throughout the year
Gia-i can see Gia really increasing his average with a full preseason and hopefully more time on ground there will be an increase in his price and TOG he is looking good on the training track and should be a handy little player
Gray-choco's golden child rarely are there cheap forwards that push into the midfield this kid is a lock for me and should really increase his average could even be a potential keeper
Ziebell-is well priced over his leg injury is training well and will get a midfield spot do i need to say anything else
Dangerfeild-should increase his average and get games in the crow's team with otten out he has had a season and he could be one of the big improvers in 2010
BENCH
Gumbleton-the boy finally is out of the rehab group slotted two goals and was labbelled one of the best on ground in yesterdays match could become a huge cash cow and he is a risk im willing to take i just hope his body doesnt break down again
TDL-probably the most promising forward rookie has been training well and should play in the depleted swans forward line with no hall and mickey O bradshaw and white are the two other players in teh forward line and with vezprimi rumoured to be moving into the back line TDL should be a great cash cow

questions comments critisicms are much appreciated

I think I'm blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back